HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:03 AM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
HMM, Faster, Cheaper, and requires less battery. Sounds like a plan.

Just picked up my New Gen II fuse from LHS. Best 20 bucks I've spent in a long time. Almost looks too clean to paint, but I will anyway. Time to burn the midnight oil getting it ready for MT's CDR motor

Anyone have any luck with Polyquest packs. LHS has PQ 2600 for $56 verses $80 for TP2100.
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:09 AM
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Hey Mtwallet, what size prop and how many Amps are you pulling with that CDR motor?

Tony
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:14 AM
Joined Jan 2004
464 Posts
and MT is your tp 2100 a 3s2p or 3s1p?
asjeep is offline Find More Posts by asjeep
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:34 AM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjeep
hey guys, I have a stock stryker usign a stock 480,... I was thinking of buy a new lipo pack for it and was considering a 3s1p from maxamps.com/, probably the 1500mah pack,... can (you) make any better suggestions (around same price please) Someday i will upgrade to brushless, but am staying stock for now..... Aaron
Aaron:

That 1500 may not have enough weight to balance the plane. Look on that site to find the weight of the pack and then find a postage scale to weigh out an equal weight of washers or quarters. Then take you faux pack and see if it will balance. It may not. If so consider going to a small 3S1P 2000 like parts #22787 or 22766 on this page http://www.rc-dymond.com/order_batteries_lipol.htm.

These are not the greatest cells around but with a 480 and the right prop they can handle the current....and the price is right. I have a couple of them and for lower current applications they are pretty good.
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Jul 09, 2005, 01:53 AM
Gotta have more cowbell!!
Clawson, MI USA
Joined Sep 2002
2,169 Posts
Thanks Randy. It takes a big man to admit when he is beat.(not a fat joke either. lol)

Wingman, All the racing Randy and I have done so far has been with the same setups except motor of course. We have been running a 6x4 prop for 3 and 4 cell racing. i usually prefer a 6x5.5 but to keep the sameness I ran a 6x4. With a 6x4 on 3s I am pulling about 23A, on 4s I pull around 31A.

asjeep, as I am only pulling 23A-31A static, I do not see a need for 2p packs. So to answer your question, I am running a 3s1p TP2100 and a 4s1p Polyquest 2200. The 4 cell gets kinda warm after a hard flight but if don't get into it too much during a flight it comes down just a little warm but not too warm.

Mike
MTwallet is offline Find More Posts by MTwallet
Old Jul 09, 2005, 06:01 AM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
607 Posts
Pq2600's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
HMM, Faster, Cheaper, and requires less battery. Sounds like a plan.

Just picked up my New Gen II fuse from LHS. Best 20 bucks I've spent in a long time. Almost looks too clean to paint, but I will anyway. Time to burn the midnight oil getting it ready for MT's CDR motor

Anyone have any luck with Polyquest packs. LHS has PQ 2600 for $56 verses $80 for TP2100.
Im running PQ's 2600n's, balance is good, flight times are 11mins.....and things are running cool, slightly warm to touch....

just my $0.02 with them....dont think Ill ever go TP after these!
DbleX is offline Find More Posts by DbleX
Old Jul 09, 2005, 06:02 AM
San Juan Marin Intl, Puerto Rico
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjeep
hey guys, I have a stock stryker usign a stock 480, hs81MG servos and such.... I was thinking of buy a new lipo pack for it and was considering a 3s1p from http://www.maxamps.com/ probably the 1500mah pack, anyone use on in a stryker? or can make any better suggestions (around same price please) Someday i will upgrade to brushless, but am staying stock for now.....

thanks

Aaron
Use the 2100 of maxamp look hereand here
windface is offline Find More Posts by windface
Last edited by windface; Jul 09, 2005 at 06:26 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2005, 09:55 AM
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Thanks DbleX and MTwallet. My shopping list is set. Motor and PQ2600 lipo for the price of one Mega. LIFE IS GOOD
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:46 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windface
Use the 2100 of maxamp look hereand here
Windface:

Those graphs look OK, but not very good against the newest TP Pro Lites. When you compare the voltage at about mid-way through the pack's capacity at a 20A discharge rate, which is what the Mega /4 with a 6 x 4 draws at WOT, the TP's are a good 0.1V higher and the TP curve is much flatter, given higher voltage over a longer time. (You have to interpolate some of the data since they are all not done at exactly the same current)

See: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=530782 verses http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=532693
I grant you, on a cost/min of flying the Tronics are a better deal.

When the Tronics are compared against the narrow TP-2100 that most of us are using, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=424826 , the Tronics look a lot better.

I just got two packs of the MaxAmps in the mail yesterday (after ordering them on May 22 !!!! - Austin said the stock was late arriving) and I am cycling them now. If the wind will die down a little, I will try them tomorrow.

Now if you want a bargain and are willing to not push the cells too hard (less then leading edge technology) take a look at Stock #22766 at Dymond Model Sports http://www.rc-dymond.com/order_batteries_lipol.htm $45 for a 12C 3S pack is pretty cheap. I have tried these and again if you can do some throttle management they are a great value. For a stock Speed 400 set up, you could even save $10/pack more and use the 10C #22787's. At $35 for 3S1p 2100 these are a deal.

No matter which lipo brand you use, if you run them at their full rated continuous current they will only last about 75 cycles. Use a larger capacity cell and run it at 80% to get the same current and it will last as long as a NiMH pack. So if you want to run lighter packs to keep the weight down and will burn them up, it make sense to use cheaper ones IMHO. YMMV.

FC
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Jul 09, 2005, 12:49 PM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
607 Posts
Hey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
Thanks DbleX and MTwallet. My shopping list is set. Motor and PQ2600 lipo for the price of one Mega. LIFE IS GOOD
MY PQ's are the N's!!!! narrow!!! the others may be too wide!!! FYI
Old Jul 09, 2005, 04:59 PM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Posted by DbleX in thread 3

Posts: 106 I dont know what mount this one is, new or old, I know I picked it up at LHS when I bought all my parts...All I did was notch it use the rear ring as 1mm support under motor and was going to add a zip tie in the notching (16-15-4) short can didnt fit all the way in...

My question is what is the difference between the new and the old motor mount? I didn't even know there was a new vs. an old motor mount.
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Jul 09, 2005, 05:40 PM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erashby
Posted by DbleX in thread 3

Posts: 106 I dont know what mount this one is, new or old, I know I picked it up at LHS when I bought all my parts...All I did was notch it use the rear ring as 1mm support under motor and was going to add a zip tie in the notching (16-15-4) short can didnt fit all the way in...

My question is what is the difference between the new and the old motor mount? I didn't even know there was a new vs. an old motor mount.
The new one has two rings on either end...the old one has the two rings plus support (about 1/4 inch of tubed plastic) under the motor...w/o it leaves about 1mm of play...btw, that engine mount mod didnt last either....on the third one....
Last edited by DbleX; Jul 09, 2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2005, 06:00 PM
Joined Jan 2004
464 Posts
MT thanks so much, with a stock 480 and a stock prop my unit gets 16 amps static (tested last night) using my tanic 3s1p 1550. Mine does balance, just not where the OEM battery should have gone, instead it is forward almost to the front of the hatch. My tanic pack is rated for 12c, so if my multiplication is correct.... 12X1.55 = 18.6 amps rating for my pack... When i last ran the pack, the battery was a little warm, not too hot to touch, but since there was no airflow into the battery compartment I added an airhole on the hatch..... sounds like i should not be running MT's motor on that pack...
asjeep is offline Find More Posts by asjeep
Old Jul 09, 2005, 07:10 PM
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
HI ALL! The Stryker F-27-D is finish the maidem was pospous for resiver Glich (1KW-nois and CF ) monday I stop in the LHS to fine a PCM resiver and finish with that. I be ablew to test the trust with the all weigh up and he pull up 10oz +/- more than the 65oz of the model some pics before maidem.
Old Jul 09, 2005, 07:26 PM
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
[QUOTE=FoamCrusher]Windface:

Those graphs look OK, but not very good against the newest TP Pro Lites. .

The secon link show it against the prolite 2000 If my F-27D survive the maidem I want to try the tronics in 5S-2P to save some weigh actualy i have 5s-3p 24+oz irate 2200. And of cours the prolite are in my list too but the 1320 (4P or 3P) pro-powe wen be abeilable.