HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2005, 10:22 PM
Joined Jun 2001
1,569 Posts
Cleanly mounted eh? The aluminum plate that it bolts onto is very large, you can see the outline of it in the left photo.
e-sailpilot86 is offline Find More Posts by e-sailpilot86
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2005, 10:23 PM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
594 Posts
SHOW ME THE WAY TO CLAMSVILLE!!!!!!

where can we get em?? HUH? SPEAK!!!!

LOL
DbleX is online now Find More Posts by DbleX
Old Jul 06, 2005, 10:28 PM
Joined Jun 2001
1,569 Posts
http://wingwarrior.com/zen/index.php...products_id=41

Only $10!

BTW, the prop adaptor is from Astro Flight, it's an absolutely flawless fit.
Old Jul 06, 2005, 11:43 PM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilogy
Foamcrusher:
Thanks for the advice. Here is the list of things i will try and get from the hobby shops which will get me started on the new stryker:
MEGA 16/15/4 brushless
Castle Creations Phoenix 35
Standard motor mount...Andre.
Just a couple of recommendations:

1) Get a Phoenix 45 instead of a 35. The weight difference is only 0.1 oz. the cost difference is only $20. I'm not sure what the difference is. They have the are the same size. I know the 45 has a heat sink on it. I just think that it is good insurance for $20 having more "head room" to run more amps with less cooling in these flying foam insulated things that we fly.

2) With the stock motor mount you will need to modify it since the mega has a slightly wider diameter than the speed 480. You will also need to modify it since the mega is shorter than the speed 480. I cut both rings of the standard motor mount at the top and wraped some CF tape arouns them and glued with CA. I also extended the ring at the back of the motor more toward the center to support the shorter motor can of the mega. To reinforce the foam I glued CF tape strips to the top and bottom with CA. I might also add a spar.
3)
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Jul 07, 2005, 12:14 AM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-sailpilot86
You guys should be using aluminum clamshell mounts! Stop using those tiny plastic things that arent designed for so much power! Ok, I'll post a teaser picture of just the mount...
It looks like that clam mount drops the motor shaft about 15 - 20 mm from the position of the stock mount. Does the plane handle the same? Did you have to do any vectoring of the mount?

FoamCrusher
FoamCrusher is online now Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Jul 07, 2005, 12:48 AM
Guelph, Ontario Canada
Joined Sep 2004
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo
.... My new fuse has the CF installed and I haven't had any problems with it since......
I cursed myself! I was flying my stryker tonight WOT, 3 ft off the ground and my radio glitched, nose dropped into the ground. The CF rod held strong but the plastic motor mount snapped and took a bunch of foam with it. I'm sure it's repairable but it will be grounded for a while.

Leon
LLoo is offline Find More Posts by LLoo
Old Jul 07, 2005, 02:03 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2004
43 Posts
hey been reading this thread from post one. love it.
Finlay got payed and went and got one at LHS
took it out to the place with the least wind and flew it around. great plane i crashed it SO many times. broke it into many pieces. i managed to break the motor mount off with a nice chunk of foam too. use some rods from old broken flybars from my hummingbird and expoxy and works great now. the only place i can find with low wind is 10mph is average and gusts up to 20. but still flying. been using blue painters tape and its great. not much weight and its strong. its also amazing what will get stuck into the foam. i pulled a fox tail out one inch from the fuse amazing.

well I'm wondering how well or bad would a stock hold a extra 5oz? want to try and put my camera in it. and what would i have to do to make it cary that nicely?

also a great way to find places to fly is maps.google.com or nasa worldwind.
Thecrazzyman is offline Find More Posts by Thecrazzyman
Old Jul 07, 2005, 02:32 AM
BC Canada
Joined Dec 2004
422 Posts
For stockey extra 5oz would be a killer, for sure. It will probably fly somehow if cg will remain in the right place.

The only way I could ever fly stock-powered stryker that is heavier than stock is when I used 9-cell battery, but then again I used very clean fuselage as compared to the one from the shelve.
chainick is offline Find More Posts by chainick
Old Jul 07, 2005, 02:42 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2004
43 Posts
yea i got a gen1 fues and it has thoes dimples on it i was thinking of doing a light coat of epoxy and then sanding the whole fues. just using the epoxy to protect the areas i dont really want sanded.

also will the stock electronics like a 2cell lipo? i have one 700mah laying around i want to use for something as its just sitting there.

thanks alex.
Old Jul 07, 2005, 08:28 AM
Minneapolis MN
Joined Sep 2002
1,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecrazzyman
yea i got a gen1 fues and it has thoes dimples on it i was thinking of doing a light coat of epoxy and then sanding the whole fues. just using the epoxy to protect the areas i dont really want sanded.

also will the stock electronics like a 2cell lipo? i have one 700mah laying around i want to use for something as its just sitting there.

thanks alex.
A 2s 700 does not have the weight (CG requirement), voltage or amp draw capability to work in the Stryker.

Sam
FLYWINGFAN is offline Find More Posts by FLYWINGFAN
Old Jul 07, 2005, 12:50 PM
Joined Jun 2001
1,569 Posts
Well, unless the 2s700 has a C rating of about 80....
Old Jul 07, 2005, 04:07 PM
Joined Jun 2001
1,569 Posts
Gonna tape the bottom of the Stryker today
Old Jul 07, 2005, 04:24 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2004
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-sailpilot86
Gonna tape the bottom of the Stryker today
try blue panters tape. overlap them so it wont get pulled up. doesnt have to be much. im shure you knwo this though. thanks all for the info. i just have that lipo sitting around doing nothing for now.

thanks
Old Jul 08, 2005, 09:47 PM
Joined Jan 2004
464 Posts
hey guys, I have a stock stryker usign a stock 480, hs81MG servos and such.... I was thinking of buy a new lipo pack for it and was considering a 3s1p from http://www.maxamps.com/ probably the 1500mah pack, anyone use on in a stryker? or can make any better suggestions (around same price please) Someday i will upgrade to brushless, but am staying stock for now.....

thanks

Aaron
asjeep is offline Find More Posts by asjeep
Last edited by asjeep; Jul 08, 2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2005, 10:58 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
cd-rom stryker....

ok fellas, im here to report that its a fact......mtwallet's cd-rom powered stryker is faster than mine with a mega 4 turn and 4 cell pack!! actually his "allmost" ran with mine, with him on a 3 cell......for those that have never seen my stryker here is a video of it....video hard to believe, but its true mtwallet's cd-rom motor will beat my stryker.....my hat is off to mtwallet, good job bro......finally we have nice flyin weather in michigan, well for a few months anyhow, lols...peace, randy.....
rjarois is offline Find More Posts by rjarois
Last edited by rjarois; Jul 08, 2005 at 11:13 PM.