HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2005, 02:00 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboG
I have been thinking about going 4 cell Li-Po and was thinking the TP 2100mah 4s . Is this what you guys would recommend?

If I go with a 4 cell Li-Po I will need to buy a charger as well. Any recommendations as to what charger and where I can get it?

Want to add a little more:

16/15/4 Mega
CC 45
Electron 6 receiver

Do I need a seperate BEC or can I just use what I have?

In the batteries for sale section Max Amps is selling new 2100 4S packs for $59.00 I have a 3S pack and like it alot...these are the tronic cells
cnc custom is offline Find More Posts by cnc custom
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2005, 02:12 PM
If it flies do it!
Mount Vernon, WA
Joined Oct 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc custom
In the batteries for sale section Max Amps is selling new 2100 4S packs for $59.00 I have a 3S pack and like it alot...these are the tronic cells
Can you provide a link. I can not seem to find it. does the pack spec out like a TP?
BoboG is offline Find More Posts by BoboG
Old Nov 21, 2005, 02:17 PM
B C
Joined Feb 2005
18 Posts
Working Pwr Sys

My first Stryker Mod. HC3510-1100 outrnner w/45 E-Flite ESC & 10cell 4/5SC Pack 2000mah. AUW @ 28oz. 8X8E APC. Holy Smoke! 80į+climb, Fast enough to scare. Now to Paint. Thanks 4 letting me read this forum. Keep it up everyone!
B C is offline Find More Posts by B C
Old Nov 21, 2005, 02:19 PM
If it flies do it!
Mount Vernon, WA
Joined Oct 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
here is the 1 that the guy let us use....worked great...Oh its the 6 volt aircraft version
http://www.koolflightsystems.com/ultimatebec.htm
Thanks for the info. I just orderd one. Hope it gets here soon.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 03:57 PM
Foamsmithing forever!!
Sugar Grove, Il.
Joined Aug 2004
2,992 Posts
Ok cnc custom,

NOW STOP IT!!! 4s for 59.00!! I wont buy one and you can't make me!! This is like when drug dealers give free samples just to get you hooked. Just kidding. I'll let you know how the 2000KV works out, buy the way I WILL BE RUNNING IT ON A SIMPLE 3 CELL Lipo, so there!

CTD
crash test dummy is offline Find More Posts by crash test dummy
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:59 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Quote:
Can you provide a link. I can not seem to find it. does the pack spec out like a TP?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428142

3S for $45.50 + 13.50 for the cell = $59.00

if you go to the batteries forum you will see alot of talk about these batteries as best bang for the Buck..
Last edited by cnc custom; Nov 21, 2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 05:03 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy
Ok cnc custom,

NOW STOP IT!!! 4s for 59.00!! I wont buy one and you can't make me!! This is like when drug dealers give free samples just to get you hooked. Just kidding. I'll let you know how the 2000KV works out, buy the way I WILL BE RUNNING IT ON A SIMPLE 3 CELL Lipo, so there!

CTD

I know HUH...thats what thechosenone did to me now I am Hooked on this stuff.......LOL
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:26 PM
If it flies do it!
Mount Vernon, WA
Joined Oct 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428142

3S for $45.50 + 13.50 for the cell = $59.00

if you go to the batteries forum you will see alot of talk about these batteries as best bang for the Buck..
So... would you say they are as good as TP. If so I am going to order one
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:36 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Quote:
So... would you say they are as good as TP. If so I am going to order one

I have never owned a TP...I only used the one that the guy loaned me at the field....I have a Kokam 2000 3s and its as good as that...a little heavier though....I really don't think the weight would be an issue though..

I ordered 1 for me
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:45 PM
If it flies do it!
Mount Vernon, WA
Joined Oct 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
I have never owned a TP...I only used the one that the guy loaned me at the field....I have a Kokam 2000 3s and its as good as that...a little heavier though....I really don't think the weight would be an issue though..

I ordered 1 for me
Forgive me. I just canceled that order

I just got a call from my LHS and they are going to get me a TP for about $20 over the other one. I know the other packs are cheaper but I know TP. You will have to let me know how the other pack performs and maybe I will buy one so I will have 2 4 cells and 1 3 cell and be able to fly more. After all I still have to buy a charger for a 4 cell because my Supper Brain 969 only goes up to a 3 cell and isnít recommended for TP. For that mater TP says Do Not Use Supper Brain 969.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:46 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
OK..I just did a weight comparison of a TP Prolite 4S 2100 and a Maxamp 4S 2100....

Max amp 4s 2100 8.6 OZ.
TP Prolite 4S 2100 6.2 OZ.

I think I can live with 2.4 oz. over the cost of these 2....
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:51 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Quote:
Forgive me. I just canceled that order

I just got a call from my LHS and they are going to get me a TP for about $20 over the other one. I know the other packs are cheaper but I know TP. You will have to let me know how the other pack performs and maybe I will buy one so I will have 2 4 cells and 1 3 cell and be able to fly more. After all I still have to buy a charger for a 4 cell because my Supper Brain 969 only goes up to a 3 cell and isnít recommended for TP. For that mater TP says Do Not Use Supper Brain 969.

No Problem....I am not affiliated with them what so ever...just letting people know there is a cheaper alternative.....
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:54 PM
If it flies do it!
Mount Vernon, WA
Joined Oct 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
No Problem....I am not affiliated with them what so ever...just letting people know there is a cheaper alternative.....
I know. and thank you for the heads up on this pack. the price is definatly right. I thik it is a wonderfull deal and will probably end up with a few of them anyway.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 07:06 PM
Joined Oct 2005
177 Posts
Quote:
I know. and thank you for the heads up on this pack. the price is definatly right. I thik it is a wonderfull deal and will probably end up with a few of them anyway.
I can't say I blame you $79 for a 4s prolite pack is a Awesome deal....they are over $100 everywhere i looked.....may i ask what HS..?
Old Nov 21, 2005, 07:38 PM
If it flies do it!
Mount Vernon, WA
Joined Oct 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
I can't say I blame you $79 for a 4s prolite pack is a Awesome deal....they are over $100 everywhere i looked.....may i ask what HS..?
It is a privately owned LHS, they donít have a web site or anything. They have a tendency to give me things close to their cost; I think it is because I am doing some cutting edge stuff as far as they are concerned or maybe it is the PC help I give them. I did find the TP2100-4SPL for $89.60 at
http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/mai...gid=tp&sort=PL which is only $9.00 more than what I am buying it for. It is the best I have found.