FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2005, 04:02 AM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
Foamcrusher

Quote:
Cadetman: Not one of which I would be particularly proud, but to each his own. In order not to get banned from e-Zone, you might try reading the rules at
Thank You for Welcoming me to the Thread ALSO !

First of all let me state for the record that i did not take Kindly to the response i got from posting a Stryker Vid for the enjoyment of the thread users,

and secondly of all the words i wrote in the reply to MTwallet's Apology you chose to pick those words in the quote frame above as a response !,

Quote:
obviously i came into Stressed Arena/Thread, Lighten Up Guy's, are you/we here to encourage or discourage?,
did i state anywhere that i was Proud of getting 3 warnings?
how would you feel if you entered a.n other forum and were greeted the way i was?
i have refrained from posting the offending response as i have recieved YET another warning !
Gheeze.. in the forum that i frequent "We" (the Regular Users) take note of any Newbies by the number of postings they have made and welcome them !

What a Welcome i got on RCGD !
anyone else wanna take a Pop at me?

Cadetman ( i can feel another warning comming ! )
cadetman is offline Find More Posts by cadetman
Last edited by cadetman; Jul 03, 2005 at 04:24 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2005, 04:55 AM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Cadetman: Welcome to RC Groups!
You know RC Groups is the on-line "Home" of many r/c enthusiasts/hobbiests. In my Home I have, in the entry hall waiting to greet all guests, a picture of the Mrs. and me with the kids. Below the picture in nice script are the "House Rules". Everyone, especially the kids and their friends knows what is expected/required in Our Home. It makes it a nice place to be for everyone. Sometimes, when I get out of line, my kids direct me to the posted "House Rules", and I "fall in line". When the kids or friends get out of line, they are reminded of the rules, too. But everyone is reminded that it is OK to make mistakes while learning. I'm rambling...
Again, welcome!
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Jul 03, 2005, 07:38 AM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
cadetman, I just watched your vid and it was a good vid. Onething I did notice was that your stryker was flexing alot in the vid when pulling higher G type manuvers. Do you still have the carbon fiber shafts in the wings?????
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Old Jul 03, 2005, 08:24 AM
It's me Glacier Girl
Joined Aug 2004
868 Posts
CTD,
Here's 2 shots of before and after on mounts.
I used pvc over hoops and epoxy to build up the post section.

MTwallet,
Sorry if I offended you. I didn't realize you had to prequalify a Stryker before you could post on it. Here are a few of my mods to my bird. Has shortened wings, shaved down fuselage, FULLY SYMETRICAL wing,that I built. Is fully glassed. Basswood tails and ailerons, CF tube through the center and additonal one through the rear of the wing, Basswood TE's concaved to snug up the ailerons. Modified motor mount. My own built rear lexan hatch. 4/40 stainless control rods, reinforced control horns, servo arms, and metal clevis's. Running a Mega 16/25/2 on 6 cells. And yes it does have a $200.00 materials bill in paint.
I hope that this is enough to qualify as taking it past stock.
Oh and name was in reference to Zagi hunting, not a wana be rock band.
Sorry I just name all of my birds.

Cadetman,
Cheers,not like the other site. Lot of M.I.B.
GG
SHELBY1 is offline Find More Posts by SHELBY1
Old Jul 03, 2005, 08:25 AM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
Mt wallet/foamcrusher

Thank you for your tips, it is always great to learn from others that have made and tried different setups and assemblings of the various plane kits that is out on the market. This way I do have a bigger chance to succeed with my plane. I will go for the Himax motor and try it with a Camspeed 5.5x4.3 and a APC 6x4 in the beginning. Just some small adjustments and a little gluing and the Stryker is ready. Can`t wait to try it.
iceman3 is offline Find More Posts by iceman3
Old Jul 03, 2005, 12:39 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
erashby
Many Thanks for the Welcome
i hear what your saying about house rules and i just want to have the final words on this and let it be forgotten,
i broke No rules on my posting of the Vid,
i am fully conversant on the code of conduct in forums,
since then MTwallet did the right thing and apologised and i Apologise to him for my reply to his posting too,

FoamCrusher a little bit of advice.. Dont wave a Red Flag at a Raging Bull !

i have no idea of the politics of this forum, all i wanted to do was Share, Learn and if possible help,
if you dont want me to learn from you all or share what i have or help then its only 2 Clicks of the mouse and its sorted

at least i didnt get a another warning Yet

Cadetman
Old Jul 03, 2005, 12:59 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
Rat

Quote:
cadetman, I just watched your vid and it was a good vid. Onething I did notice was that your stryker was flexing alot in the vid when pulling higher G type manuvers. Do you still have the carbon fiber shafts in the wings?????
thats my #2 stryker and i dont have Carbon Fibre rods
SHELBY1 has given me advice on how to fit the C/F rods
the Stryker in the Vid is Stressed to the Limit and you wanna see the bend in the wings
if someone can tell me how to post a pic i will upload it,

i am waiting the arrival of Fuses and since i went brushless i now know that C/R rods are a Must
i am pleased you enjoyed the Vid its a good way to share across the Pond
i hope everyone who has downloaded it enjoyed the Precise Landing i made

i would like to make better vids with the setup i use once i am familiar with it

Cadetman
Old Jul 03, 2005, 02:00 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadetman

FoamCrusher a little bit of advice.. Dont wave a Red Flag at a Raging Bull !

Cadetman
Cadetman:

You were the one that said how many warnings you had in such a short time, and I took it as a boast, otherwise why would you say it. Sorry if I took it wrong - that's the trouble with the written word - it has no inflection.

Since you had received multiple warnings, I was just suggesting that you become aware of the rules so you would not break others and could stay here. If I wanted you to leave, I would have said nothing and let you stumble further, or baited you into violating them again. .... If you knew the rules then your comment about the multiple warnings is confusing since why then would you purposely violate them?

Please explain further in a PM what you mean about the red flag. Maybe I am dense, but I don't get it.

Oh well. No harm no foul. I am not a moderator and leave it up to them to enforce their rules. Post your stuff and let everyone have a look.

FoamCrusher
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Jul 03, 2005, 06:15 PM
Gotta have more cowbell!!
Clawson, MI USA
Joined Sep 2002
2,169 Posts
Alright already, FC is right about the written word. My original statements were meant to be taken with a bit of humor. I guess I'm the only one who thought it was funny. Apologies have been issued, so lets get on with the Strykers.

Here is a video of my CDrom powered Stryker in action.

And here is a pic of it too. I call it "The Broke, Bent, Burnt, Beat-up, But still flies, Mega Beater Stryker" (Like Bugs bunny always says... "If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em")hehe.

Mike
MTwallet is offline Find More Posts by MTwallet
Last edited by MTwallet; Jul 04, 2005 at 01:52 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2005, 06:23 PM
Clawson, MI USA
Joined Sep 2002
2,169 Posts
And before anybody asks... "Why does it look like it has a hole burned in it?" It does. Testing out a 5 cell pack on the Mega 4 turn and 6x4 prop. Anyone with moto calc can tell you that that is way too much current for the 25A speedo that I had in there. It should have hit the current limit and shut down or the thermal protection should have kicked in but it didn't and the white smoke pouring out the back in high speed flight was pretty cool although disheartening. Even the chips tried to eject but got caught up in the foam and melted into it. I left them in there to add character. Oh well, spit happens.

Mike
Old Jul 03, 2005, 06:51 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
FoamCrusher

Quote:
Since you had received multiple warnings, I was just suggesting that you become aware of the rules so you would not break others and could stay here. If I wanted you to leave, I would have said nothing and let you stumble further, or baited you into violating them again. .... If you knew the rules then your comment about the multiple warnings is confusing since why then would you purposely violate them?
what part of
Quote:
i am fully conversant on the code of conduct in forums,
Did i not Convey to You?

Just Hold On there a Cotten Pickin Minute...
GO READ What Happened !! Go back to Page 37 Part3 Posting 545
then if you feel my FIRST POSTING on this thread BROKE ANY RULES then Tell me what Rules were broken !
the response i got to my FIRST POSTING WAS WAY OUT OF LINE.
i am sure MTwallet wants to see this one drift into the distance just as i did/do
but i AM gonna have the last word on this One

you are making a presumption i do actually want to stay as a member of this thread !
Thus far it has been implied i have my head in a place were the sun doesnt shine from..
Yourself Implied i was Boasting about Warnings
and A.N.Other single welcome complete with observing His/The House Rules
as Elders of this Thread you should treat newcomers with Open arms NOT SLAP them in the FACE !

this forum is obviously too sensitive for me,
there seems to be one set of rules for people who have been using this tread for a While and Give the Newbies Grief !
and if the Newbie writes/responds the wrong reply JUST Hit the REPORT icon
Fred the Moderator.. DO Some Moderating PLEASE !
Old Jul 03, 2005, 08:04 PM
Flyin' Ryan
USA, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Sep 2001
980 Posts
My earlier question may have gotten lost in the end of the other thread, so sorry to repeat.

Will the Himaxx 2815-2000 fly the plane in a rapid manner, or should I exchange it for the 3000?
I have a CC35A controller, so either should be fine with that.

Thanks,
Ryan
rycomm is offline Find More Posts by rycomm
Old Jul 03, 2005, 08:30 PM
Clawson, MI USA
Joined Sep 2002
2,169 Posts
Ryan, The Himax you mention (2815/2000) should put you in the ball park of the Mega 4 turn. With a 6x5.5 prop you can expect about 23A and about 70-75 mph speeds in your Stryker with 3s TP 2100's.
With the 3000, you'll likely draw about 8 more amps with a 5x5 prop and it won't be any faster. The Stryker fuse is too large and blocks or dirties up a large portion of air flow to the pusher prop, thus a 6 inch prop is nessesary to get the thrust values needed.

Mike
Old Jul 03, 2005, 08:50 PM
San Juan Marin Intl, Puerto Rico
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
Cadetman and Mike very good video Mike sorry for the ESC I burn one ph 25 last wekend with just 4s Mike the one how past in the final in front is the mega one?
windface is offline Find More Posts by windface