HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:10 AM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Sylmar, CA
Joined Jan 2004
1,538 Posts
Will the kit come with landing gear in the final version? How are the motors attached? How feasible would a belly landing be?
Solcat is offline Find More Posts by Solcat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2005, 04:40 PM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming
Fellows

Please note that is limited quota for US$150 to get two bete Airliner, this very special offer is for test pilot only, I didn't make any profit on it.
I guess just the shipping to 2 Airliner to US or Europe may cost me around HK$1,000 (US$128), that mean the plane is almost free.

Ming Lou
Cost isnt that important to me, but assembly time is. If you can put all the parts together (with tape) and admire it just a few minutes, you'll definetely get thrilled and enthused like I would.

What bothers me however, is that Ming has been asked several times to give us more information on the fuselage parts, and has not replied to the question at hand.

If he has a kit ready to ship right now, then I presume a picture of the fuselage parts would not be much to ask, would it?

My gut feeling is that theres more work than it appears. I noticed the fuselage sides had seams where they appear to have been glued together and sanded.

Hey, if you want to get this thing going, you gotta let us (or someone) know what the deal is! You still didnt answer my question on the weight between the Glider and EDF version!

Ignoring a potential customers request will surely steer him away. The plane looks nice, but I can probably route one out faster than sanding a block of foam..............
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:52 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,305 Posts
Hey guys,
I just discovered Ming has a homepage...
Please check it, he has got some video's of his plane too, under "image and video".
Check the site at www.windrider.com.hk

Dave
RNAF is offline Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:59 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jun 2004
164 Posts
@FANMAN and others

Just read this thread and I must say you guys write a lot of bull**** here...
Windrider makes EPP models using mold technology, so the quality is much higher than other crap like the Zagis (that is really a poor quality)...
I have more than one model made by Ming/Windrider, the first one has already several years and the second one also a HUGHE number of flights.
Personally I think Ming is doing a great job, and if the price is too high for you (150$ for 2 Models too high ???) JUST LET IT BE...
I would like to see the result in "routing" a block of EPP to that shape. Really. And I do EPP since a long time...
@Ming: Great job, like always. I am impressed.

Regards, and never mind...
Chris
cgraf is offline Find More Posts by cgraf
Old Jul 26, 2005, 06:09 PM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgraf
@FANMAN and others

Just read this thread and I must say you guys write a lot of bull**** here...
Windrider makes EPP models using mold technology, so the quality is much higher than other crap like the Zagis (that is really a poor quality)...
I have more than one model made by Ming/Windrider, the first one has already several years and the second one also a HUGHE number of flights.
Personally I think Ming is doing a great job, and if the price is too high for you (150$ for 2 Models too high ???) JUST LET IT BE...
I would like to see the result in "routing" a block of EPP to that shape. Really. And I do EPP since a long time...
@Ming: Great job, like always. I am impressed.

Regards, and never mind...
Chris
I think you are misunderstanding my friend. I am not here to write B.S.

It is his work that brought me to this thread, duh, but I dont like being ignored when I ask honest, respectful questions in a kind manner, and all I get in return is an additional post with a few more pictures and another free flight video.

(Flame ingaged)

He mentioned the EDF, not ME! Maybe you should buy the kits and give us a review since you know Ming so well.

Lack of response to my questions from someone that lives thousands of miles away, I `aint' sending no money. If you cant take 5 minutes to grab a pic of a fuselage and post it, well, nuf said........

(Rant mode off)
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Jul 26, 2005, 06:14 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,305 Posts
I didn't want to put it that way Chris, but you are right.

But please, Chris, people unfamilliar with Ming and his models etc. are a bit, let's say, careful before they put money in something they don't know. I hope you can see this from different perspectives.

LoL, another example (I love examples ) : I have a Graupner Terry with mold marks on the whole plane. Even on the wing, 4 circles 1 inch diameter, 3mm deep... No way I can sand that nice, just gotta tape some clear tape over the gap. My point is, even manufacturers like Graupner sell ****ty stuff, but just because we know it, we are ok with the fact to pay a lot for those planes too... And in the end it doesn't make a difference cus I'm too lazy to scratch build my own planes
RNAF is offline Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2005, 08:08 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,534 Posts
Dear Fanman

The reason I can't let you know the fuselage design is "someting is still secret".
But I can let you know this plane is very easy to build, all molded gear bay for RX, servos, battery and even ESC.
For the glider version, you can build it on the slope with very few tool and glue within 30 mins.
The goal I want to go of this Alrliner is "plus and fly" like Easy and Easy Pro before.

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:27 PM
Manila Ninoy Intl, Philippines
Joined Nov 2001
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANMAN
If he has a kit ready to ship right now, then I presume a picture of the fuselage parts would not be much to ask, would it?
The kit is not ready yet. Post #1 says end of October.

Quote:
My gut feeling is that theres more work than it appears. I noticed the fuselage sides had seams where they appear to have been glued together and sanded.
What you are seeing in the pictures is not the production version.
Post #19 says it is a "foam CNC sample". Presumably a CNC hot wire cut with some finishing.

Quote:
Are we talking (4) EDF's? I cant imagine the difference between the Glider and the EDF version (to include batteries, ESC, wiring) of just 7 oz. Maybe you could clarify the EDF components?
Quote:
Hey, if you want to get this thing going, you gotta let us (or someone) know what the deal is! You still didnt answer my question on the weight between the Glider and EDF version!
Post#11
Ming is talking about 4? x GWS EDF 55 (I presume the 300 version)

I can't imagine it will fly on 2 x GWS EDF 55

Listed on GWS site as about 74g - so 2.61oz

4 x 2.61oz = 10.44 oz

Perhaps he means that the 7-8 oz difference in weight between the EDF and Glider version is the weight of the four engine pods???

I would plan on another 16 to 32 ozs above the glider weight if that is the case.
deadduck is offline Find More Posts by deadduck
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:38 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,313 Posts
Brushless EDF

I think the way to go EDF would be with the Wemotec Micro Fans using any good 20mm brushless like the Himark (Himaxx) 2015 4200 or 5400 kv on 3S.

Should be able to ROG off a paved runway with 4 x Micro Fan on BL.

The cost of the BL and Lipo setup.... That begins to get very expensive, since no guarantee that you could get away with hooking 2 of the motors up on a single 25 amp esc. Some guys have hooked up 2 of the Skatty 300DF outrunners to a single 25A castle esc and reported success.

So 4 x 12-18 amp BL Escs to be sure.

That and a Lipo pack which will handle 36 - 40 A continuous......
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:43 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,517 Posts
Yup and I cant see it flying on stock EDF55 300h's either, the naccelle details show an inserted foam part that will kill a lot of thrust from the stock fans. The 4 fans might weight out at 10.44oz but there is also battery and wiring to consider, and the wiring from the motor will have to be changed out because it is too small to handle enough current and will melt the wirte cover under 3s usage which it will need to get near flying thrust. I tried to get an answer to several questions and to pointed postings dealing with this issue but no replies dealing with the most important issues anyway.

Cheers,

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:20 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
Seems to me that Ming is offering these kits for BETA TESTING to a few folks willing to roll the bones.

He is looking to the BETA TESTERS to get these answers to find out if it is worthy of production!

Our opinion of fit - finish - and flyability is what he needs to know before he can get us the answers we desire.

I'm looking forward to getting mine!!!!

Randy
Dynamo Electrics

Eric, almost looks big enough for some MiniFans??????? That would be COOL
termite is offline Find More Posts by termite
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:28 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,517 Posts
Minis might look big would fill the bill, lots of room in the fuselage for battery's. The look and appeal of the Airbuss 380 is great, but the choice of fan in stock form is poor I think for this project unless as Deadduck says and fit BL to it then the weight will be up but the overall thrust would be great, heck 2 of the stock 300h's would not get my 757 with the scale wing off the ground and it weighted out 24oz with the lipos and come to think of it it might have been the Kokams that werent up to snuff back then and probably could have used a 3s2p setup to fly it. Oh well hindsight is 2020.

Eric B.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:32 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,313 Posts
Further Brushless EDF

Ok, just checked what will fit into a Wemotec Micro Fan.

- Skatty 300DF - No way - Can's too big

- Ultrafly - D12/13/32 - Just fits with enough clearance for the can to turn, but you will have to cut a slot at the front of the motor housing for the wires to come through.

Worth trying if 2 motors can run on a single 25A esc.

I have read that the problem is restarting the motors in the air. The problem is that the esc can't sense the motors' positions if the props are windmilling. Should be less of an issue with DFs.

Simplest would be the 20mm series of BL motors on 4 separate escs, and it might be possible to use low cost 18A units, since BEC will be disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirX
the naccelle details show an inserted foam part that will kill a lot of thrust from the stock fans
It might also work as a restrictor and actually bring the efflux velocity up.

Lower static thrust, but better flying speed.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:34 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by termite
I'm looking forward to getting mine!!!!
Randy
Dynamo Electrics
I sent the $ as well.

Who else reading this thread has taken the special offer?

The offer is good until July 31st.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:38 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,517 Posts
>It might also act as a restrictor and actually bring the efflux velocity up<

Normally, I would think so also but in the case of the weak stock setup I dont think so.
The thrust would suffer but it will also start out at only 7oz per fan.

Eric B.
Last edited by AirX; Jul 26, 2005 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling