HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2002, 12:56 PM
Harwinton, CT USA
Joined Apr 2002
3 Posts
How many of you collect aviation art?

Hi All,

I'm new to this board, and I'm curious as to how many of you collect aviation art? I'm an illustrator who is attempting to make a go in this field, and I'm trying to determine who might be interested in the kind of work I do? I recently launched an online business that showcases my aviation art, called PlaneGrafx.

PlaneGrafx offers aviation enthusiasts highly customized, gallery-quality profile art of famous military aircraft. Choices include having one's name under the canopy, aircraft numerical designation, ordnance loadout, a stylized airplane name, and more. Each matted and framed print measures 11.5" x 21.5", and uses museum-grade conservatory materials.

My first aircraft is the F4U Corsair, featuring three different variants and six paint schemes, plus a non-custom Ace Series that includes Boyington, Kepford, Hedrick and Walsh.

The next profile due to be released this summer is the F-4J Phantom II.

I'd appreciate any feedback that can be given. I realize I may be addressing a niche market, and defining it has proven to be challenging, so far.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Tod "Eiger" Gunter
PlaneGrafx
Eiger is offline Find More Posts by Eiger
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2002, 01:22 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,703 Posts
Aviation Art/Pics on CD

I have quite a collection of aviation art and photography collected off the internet on my hard-drive and set to run as a slide show in Windows ME. I would recommend that you offer CD's of aircraft art and photographs in addition to prints, etc. I imagine that you could incorporate a slide show and index into the CD format that would require no set-up by the user.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Apr 22, 2002, 01:32 PM
Harwinton, CT USA
Joined Apr 2002
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply, E-Challenged.

Bear in mind though, that what I'm offering is personalized aviation art. My business is not a gallery per se, but rather original, fine artwork offered direct to the client, by me, the artist.

Tod "Eiger" Gunter
PlaneGrafx
Eiger is offline Find More Posts by Eiger