Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 17, 2001, 06:05 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
Ready To Fly DuskStiks

I have been selling the DuskStik kit for a while now but have been entertaining the idea of selling them fully assembled. It would take about 15 minutes to install the electronics and get in the air. I have a brother who is an experienced builder and is interested in building them.

I have a policy of shipping the day after I get an order but the ready to fly models would take a few extra days because they would be covered after the order so that the buyer could specify the color.

I'm thinking the cost might be around $100.

Is there an interest in this? You can email me at doug@duskstik.com if you have thoughts or questions.

Thanks!

Doug Binder
www.duskstik.com
CoClimber is offline Find More Posts by CoClimber
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2001, 07:50 PM
El Queso Grande
Rippin in Hood River, OR, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,141 Posts
I think you'd get some business. Especially considering how well it seems to fly.
windsurfer is offline Find More Posts by windsurfer
Old Jun 17, 2001, 08:50 PM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
324 Posts
And that the covering isn't available in Canada that I've found (Reynolds wrap)
Mikey_Flies is offline Find More Posts by Mikey_Flies
Old Jun 17, 2001, 10:12 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
I've been including the Reynolds for Canadian customers. Actually, I've added the Balsaloc in the kit, too. You need so little that it seems such a waste to have to buy a whole jar.

Doug
Old Jun 17, 2001, 10:38 PM
Fayetteville, AR. USA
Joined May 2001
66 Posts
Doug,

I read an article in the most recent Model Airplane News about using Reynolds Wrap for covering. I recently built a Guillows Rubber Band powered Hellcat trying to get my kit building skills up to par

Wanted to cover it with Reynolds but could not seem to find the 3M adhesive spray they suggested. Are the any alternative adhesives that you would suggest?

Thanks..Garret
Gman is offline Find More Posts by Gman
Old Jun 17, 2001, 10:52 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
Garret,

For a balsa model you can use UHU Purple glue sticks but your best choice is to use Balsaloc or Balsarite Film Formula. I have also heard of using water based contact cement. The idea is that you want to glue to dry so that it isn't sticky then lay the Reynolds over the part and then tack it in place with a hobby iron. Get one of those cloth socks for the iron. Balsaloc is water based and smells like Elmers glue. Balsarite has MEK in it and should be used with a lot of ventilation. Balsarite also needs two coats to work well.

I like the idea of building a free flight first. I keep a few AMA Racers in the house to give away to begining builders.

Doug
Old Jun 17, 2001, 11:18 PM
Fayetteville, AR. USA
Joined May 2001
66 Posts
Thanks Doug!

It has really been an eye-opening experience working on the free flight balsa models!

I am slowly getting into the E hobby as finances allow. I have acquired so far 2 Pico Stik kits minus motors and 1 full Lite Stik kit. I also have my Tx, a Focus III FM SS. I have been shopping for the best deal on a GWS Pico Pack to finish things off. Throw in a few extra battery packs and charger and I will be on my way.

Thanks for all the support and the great posts. You guys really keep us newbies informed!

Garret
Gman is offline Find More Posts by Gman
Old Jun 18, 2001, 09:26 PM
pfg
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2001
446 Posts
i would be interested in the airobatic one

[This message has been edited by pfg (edited 06-18-2001).]
pfg is offline Find More Posts by pfg
Old Jun 18, 2001, 09:52 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
I'd like to say that I'm working hard on the new design but, while I did do some test flying of it this evening, I spent a lot of time relaxing with my extended wing DuskStik. Don't worry, the new design is so much fun to fly that I'll be spending a lot of time perfecting it.

Doug
Old Jun 18, 2001, 10:07 PM
Logo 10 Flyer
Prince George,B.C.,Canada
Joined May 2001
285 Posts
Put me on the list for the aerobat as well Doug.
The Fact that I built the DuskStik from a kit
says alot to how easy it is to build one.
I'm about half way thru covering it with
an old t-shirt wrapped around my Wifes iron
it seems to be working out well so far.

If it flys half as good as it looks on my bench it will be a winner.

Scott
Skippy360 is offline Find More Posts by Skippy360