HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:08 AM
Formerly of mcba fame
Luxembourg
Joined Apr 2001
3,007 Posts
Time we had a thread for all this Chinese brushless stuff!

Yes, I know there have a been a number of threads about the latest and greatest Chinese brushless stuff, but I thought a general reference thread would be useful, given the number of different products appearing on eBay and elsewhere. Hereís what Iím thinking:

If youíve bought one of these devices (ESC or motor), tell us:

-Which one it is (what name it was sold under)
-What your setup is
-If you like it

Maybe add if you feel so inclined:

-How much you paid for it
-The name of the seller/dealer
-A photo if possible, to sort out products that are sold under multiple names

Try and comment on the good and bad features of it. For example with an ESC Ė what are its cut-off features? Can its BEC handle enough servos? And so on.

The market is being flooded with this stuff, but without knowing what youíre getting into itís pretty frustrating trying to choose stuff. The prices are excellent but even if youíre only paying $20 for a setup itís comforting to have an idea of how it will work.

Thanks guys,
Matthew
Matthew Allen is offline Find More Posts by Matthew Allen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2005, 03:21 PM
Formerly of mcba fame
Luxembourg
Joined Apr 2001
3,007 Posts
Wow - total failure - I've outdone myself. Come on guys, I know some of you are using this stuff.

Matthew
Old Jun 30, 2005, 04:05 PM
Proud to be a Belgian.
Averbode, Belgium.
Joined Jul 2004
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcba
Wow - total failure - I've outdone myself. Come on guys, I know some of you are using this stuff.

Matthew
I have made a shock-flyer with this motor: http://photo.aero-nuts.com/EBMC2840M.jpg
It's a Extra 300, plans available at www.3dbatix.com.
6 mm depron, 3 x 5.4 gram servos, 17 amp Ele brushless esc, on 2S1P lipo (e-tec 1200) and GWS 1047 prop. (even used 1260, no problem for this outrunner, but for my airframe...) The bec handles 3 servos with no problem at all.
The EBMC 2840 outrunner has plenty of power on 2 lipo cells, flies great, and consumes 8 amps WOT.
Flight times 10 to 15 minutes.
Motor has never been warm, great value for money.
So the brusless setup, motor and esc have been sold by PanLau from
http://www.aero-nuts.com/index.php
I rate it 5/5.
rafgol is offline Find More Posts by rafgol
Old Jun 30, 2005, 06:11 PM
Formerly of mcba fame
Luxembourg
Joined Apr 2001
3,007 Posts
Result! Keep 'em coming...

Matthew
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:38 PM
Joined Apr 2005
997 Posts
Er...ok, I've got an E-Flite Park 400 3700 KV (says "Made in China" so it counts) in my Space Scooter. It's on an E-Flite 20 amp brushless ESC; 1100 mAh NiMH. With a little searching for the right pinion, it went right into the SS gearbox; it has about twenty flights so far and is doing very well. Price for motor and ESC: $105. Good value!
roidspop is offline Find More Posts by roidspop
Old Jul 01, 2005, 05:19 AM
Have a go, it might work!
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Feb 2004
696 Posts
I've spent thousands of AU$ in Europe and USA buying EPF gear, hundreds of $AU in China.

I'm not quite sure why we need a separate thread for those buying Chinese made gear.

red
redryder is offline Find More Posts by redryder
Old Jul 01, 2005, 08:08 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,527 Posts
Ditto REDRYDER.
No thread for American gear, no thread for Polish gear, no thread for Czech gear, no thread for German gear why have one on Chinese Gear? It makes no difference to me where it is made. The question is does it work and what does it cost?
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Jul 01, 2005, 08:15 AM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,366 Posts
I think the reason for the "Chinese" thread is because it does tend to be alot cheaper. And in most cases, Chinese copies of things tend to be pretty rough to begin with until they get act together.....
CenTexFlyer is online now Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Jul 01, 2005, 08:24 AM
Frequent Flyer
Kalamazoo, MI USA
Joined Aug 2003
2,892 Posts
ElectRick's excellent thread on Align brand
wattsup_kz is offline Find More Posts by wattsup_kz
Old Jul 01, 2005, 09:46 AM
WWW.AWLHOBBIES.COM
Elmira Regional, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2004
493 Posts
I just ordered 3 Chinese outrunners and 3 ESCs from a source on Ebay. I think they are the TowerPro outrunners and speed controllers, the same as the BP-21. Only paid $7.60 each for the outrunners and $15.50 for the speed controlls. If they are indeed the same as the BP-21 I have, you can't beat that price. I love my BP-21, not a super preformer, but more than enough to haul a GWS warbird aroud with authority. I will let you all know how these are when they come in.
94ZA4 is offline Find More Posts by 94ZA4
Old Jul 01, 2005, 12:26 PM
Formerly of mcba fame
Luxembourg
Joined Apr 2001
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexFlyer
I think the reason for the "Chinese" thread is because it does tend to be alot cheaper. And in most cases, Chinese copies of things tend to be pretty rough to begin with until they get act together.....
You got it right - there IS a reason to distinguish the Chinese stuff from the rest. I don't see German or US brushless combos for LESS than $20, and it's this stuff about which the least is known.

Oh, and I saw the Align thread (very informative) but that only covers a small selection of the range of these items.

Matthew
Old Jul 01, 2005, 01:49 PM
Registered Disabuser
Norfolk, Massachussetts
Joined Jul 2003
738 Posts
I don't know if the Ultrafly brand falls into the chinese catagory, but if anyone is wondering it is a great motor and professionally designed and assembled, imho.

o, and i recommend the ebay seller e.powerjet who sells a lot of cheap chinese stuff (but it works fine).
Wertygrog is offline Find More Posts by Wertygrog
Old Jul 06, 2005, 07:09 AM
WWW.AWLHOBBIES.COM
Elmira Regional, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2004
493 Posts
I just got my $7 motors and $15 ESCs in yesterday. As I suspeceted the motors are the TowerPro 21 turn outrunner. In other words it is IDENTICAL to the BP-21, at less then half the cost. The speed controller is a little diffrent than the other 18A TowerPro controller I have. This one has no heat sink, just a metal plate for heat disipation. Seems to be about the same size though. It also plays a neat little tune when turn it on to let you know it is working. (reminds me of our local ice cream truck) I converted my GWS P-51 over to this combo last night with an 8X4 prop. The motor runs up very smoothly, and is quite quiet. It seems to have quite a bit of thrust, it wants to pull out of my hand on an 8 Cell 1100 pack. The BP-21 on my hawk makes about 20-21oz of thrust on an 8X4 with 3 cell Lipo. My guess is probably about 18-19oz thrust off the 8 cell.

Overall, I spent $95USD including shipping for 3 complete brushless setups. This is less than most others cost for one. Verry happy with the motors, and the speed controllers look nice too. For the price you can't realy go wrong.
94ZA4 is offline Find More Posts by 94ZA4
Old Jul 07, 2005, 05:03 PM
Always right
Chicago
Joined Feb 2003
5,924 Posts
Who's the seller?
Hovertime is offline Find More Posts by Hovertime
Old Jul 07, 2005, 05:36 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
This thread has potential. Generally the country of origin has little relevance to me if i get what i want. I dont care that hacker A motors are made in china, mega in eastern europe, ultrafly in Taiwan. a hacker is a hacker and a mega is a mega etc. What worries me with many asianproducts is that they have so many names for the same product. just look at the Skatty range of motors, sold as MTM , JGF, Aurrora and Hobby Lobbys name which escapes me a the moment. I for one would like to know whats what. Faigo and Himark seem to be rebranded a fair bit and i am sure there are many more.
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace