HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2005, 09:29 PM
Wyckoff, NJ
Joined Jan 2005
138 Posts
Tissue Paper Balsa Model

Could anyone give me a good tissue paper model balsa wood plane blueprints for free?
Dark is offline Find More Posts by Dark
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:06 AM
Pine Bush, NY
Joined Aug 2002
23 Posts
For starters try:

www.smallflyingarts.com

There's more plans on the 'net' than you can build in a lifetime. Good luck!
ArtSvensson is offline Find More Posts by ArtSvensson
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:19 AM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Which bulding skill level are you after?

Planning on a kid's group doing a project? If so.. what age? (we'll be able to point out appropriate specific plans)
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Jun 24, 2005, 06:18 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
a bunch of plans here.
http://www.profili2.com/eng/default.htm
scroll down on the left hand side "Plans and Drawings"
or this.
http://www.theplanpage.com/
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:12 AM
Wyckoff, NJ
Joined Jan 2005
138 Posts
Ok, let me start here I dont really want it airfoil (havent learned how to cover them well yet) im a kid but ive dont a pretty lot of these kids of plans on the internet (i got some plans from a friend) So I'm not horrible at making the plans im ok i guess. And im doing it by my self. oh yeah and i dont want it remote controlled just rubber band powered.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:36 AM
Joined May 2005
25 Posts
If you don't like covering how about a sheet model?
QZgreenbean is offline Find More Posts by QZgreenbean
Old Jun 24, 2005, 05:34 PM
Wyckoff, NJ
Joined Jan 2005
138 Posts
I know how to cover a model but i dont know how to cover airfoil good, but i could get a friend to do that so im open to any plan not too big.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 07:12 PM
Joined May 2005
25 Posts
You have friends who are into aeromodeling? Lucky you. I'm 12 and none of my friends are into this hobby.

If you have somebody who can cover the model for you than you have about a trillion plans to choose from.

Try this : If your looking for something easy than go to the eazy plans section.

If you want to learn how to cover airfoils better just ask, I bet somebody could show you.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 08:36 PM
troy NY
Joined Feb 2003
93 Posts
Hi Dark
You could build a sheet model called a Cloud Tramp and you would only have to cut
4 ribs. It's a sturdy plane and you could even participate in the world fly off.
The plans are on Garry Hunter's plan page under "Special Things"

A Delta Dart, another is a Squirrel and any ROG would be easy to do.

Good luck and have fun
mooney
moon is offline Find More Posts by moon
Old Jun 25, 2005, 01:26 AM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Remote controlled + rubber powered... that's kind of an interresting thing to do.

Which radio equipment are you putting in? I'll probably be able to come up with a recommendation. (but you'll need a fair amount of rubber and may have to carve the prop..)

A SIMPLE one... is attach a Monokote tube (or similar cardboard tube) to the belly of a 4 1/2 ft foamie glider (Wal-Mart). make plugs for the ends of hte tube, one with a hook and the other with the bearing for the prop shaft... use the tube to carry the rubber motor. (with a bit of creativity.. the tube falls off when the rubber quits providing power) then its a matter of installing the radio into the foamie. (which can be upgraded with a 280 size gear drive motor for electric power and 3 channels later)

Just don't change where the foamie balances... use the lightest reciever battery possible, (I had a 150 mah sub-N cell pack made... 0.9 oz instead of the near 4 oz AA pack normal for "standard" RC systems) and light servos... Adding a total of appx 2.4 oz to a 4 1/2 ft foamie glider won't hurt it's flying much. ($5 trainer airframe)
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Jun 25, 2005, 02:32 AM
QLD, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
1,550 Posts
Another source of plans here :- http://www.parmodels.com/Plans/index.htm both profile scale NoCal and all sheet JigTime and Goldberg Rubber models.
Stewart
clipclop is offline Find More Posts by clipclop
Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:23 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipclop
Another source of plans here :- http://www.parmodels.com/Plans/index.htm both profile scale NoCal and all sheet JigTime and Goldberg Rubber models.
Stewart
paul bradley is a regular in the RCgroups. check out some of his planes. just do a search for paul brad. or look him up in the members list. this guy is a guru.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:00 AM
Wyckoff, NJ
Joined Jan 2005
138 Posts
Rubber Band

Im thinking about ordering some rubber thread from this site http://www.faimodelsupply.com/ . I dont know what thickness to get. Does the rubber band thickness depend all on how heavy the model is? I make sheet planes that are rubber band powered and tissue paper ones and the sheet ones are much heavier so they will use a different rubber band size right? I dont want to buy a box of it and then have no use for it.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:09 AM
Joined May 2005
25 Posts
What is the wingspan of the model(s)? That will probably determine the rubber size. What designs are the models? It may very well say on the plan sheet.

By the way, for most modeling needs, I usualy order from Penn Valley (http://www.pennvalleyhobbycenter.com/). Just a preference, as I have never ordered from FAI.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 06:24 PM
Free Flight rubber flyer
United States, GA, Warner Robins
Joined Mar 2005
503 Posts
Penn Valley just plain has the best prices. And you can order it all from the same place = less s/h charge.
jwfinn is offline Find More Posts by jwfinn