HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:33 AM
Joined Jun 2005
8 Posts
Multiplex USB Sim Interface Cable and Futaba FC-16, need help.

I recently bought the interface mentioned in the title and featured in the attachment. The store was very unhelpful (simulator wise, I bought a beautiful glider and great accessories there). The manual says it requires a transmitter with multi-function socket (charge socket for DIN diode plug). It won't conect to my Futaba FC-16, so I just wanna ask before I try the following. Will modifying the cable so that is fits into the socket help? Thanks for listening.
Puff is offline Find More Posts by Puff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2005, 12:23 PM
Joined Jan 2003
1,421 Posts
aeropal is offline Find More Posts by aeropal
Last edited by aeropal; Feb 16, 2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 12:30 PM
Joined Jun 2005
8 Posts
I've had this controller for 5 years. And I don't plan to tinker with it. I just wanted to ask if it's a good idea to modify the interface cable so that it fits into the charger socket on my FC-16.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 01:58 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
I've had this controller for 5 years. And I don't plan to tinker with it. I just wanted to ask if it's a good idea to modify the interface cable so that it fits into the charger socket on my FC-16.
You don't want to use the charger socket

You can not use your TX with any simulator interface with out moddification as the FC-16 appears not to have a buddy box socket.

However modification appears to be a fairly simple matterm as there is a header on the TX PCB marked "trainer" so all that is needed is a 3.5mm mono socket and some cable.

If you are not confident about doing this small modification, then you will have a choice of either upgrading your TX to one with a buddy box port, or returning the interface to the shop as you are not able to use it with your current TX

The choice my friend is down to you
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Last edited by Malc C; Jun 23, 2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 02:41 PM
Joined Jun 2005
8 Posts
Beautiful. I'm fairly confident I do this, I just need some things from the store and I'll do this tommorow.
Can you please just elaborate to which pins on the trainer are which wires connected, and how to connect the switch?
Thank you very much.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 03:30 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
The centre pin on the header marked "Trainer" is the PPM (wire 1 in the above image) signal this should be connected to the terminal on the 3.5mm socket that makes contact with the tip of the 3.5mm plug.

Hope thats clear

The switch has nothing to do with this modification
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C