HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:31 AM
Joined Mar 2005
181 Posts
Why don't women care about AP? Or RC for that matter?

Has anyone ever noticed when showing your AP photos that women don't seem
as thrilled as us guys are? The same thing with RC... why does this seem to be a male dominated hobby? Anyone have any theories?

Find the secret and this could help some of us trying to sell aerial photos. I'm thinking trying to sell aerial photos to a female is going to be tougher than selling to a guy. Maybe we need to take feminine photos to appeal to women? Fields of flowers? But... I have no fields of flowers here...
Bluecor is offline Find More Posts by Bluecor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:37 AM
new B
Arkansas Ozarks
Joined May 2005
72 Posts
I think it's odd, because women seem to be more controlling by nature. You know that may be it -- They already have controll over us and we are just dealing with it through RC. Humm!
hump is offline Find More Posts by hump
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:55 AM
In Thrust We Trust
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
Well,

Want the short version or the long, psychological, gender breakdown, intensely scritinized version, born through many years of education and experience?

Same answer: They are more interested in the end result than the means.
Show them (anyone) a good picture and they will be impressed with the picture, not how you took it. A customer doesn't care if you hung by yours knees from the neck of a giraffe, they just want a good pic. The most you can hope for is "well, isn't that nice". Only technoids and craftsman want to know how ya did it. They love a nice home too, but most don't care how ya built it.
There are many people making money pretending to know the deeper meaning to woman, but in the end, they are just like you. Just prettier and smarter. OK, not all of them. But enough to keep you guessing....
WaterDog is offline Find More Posts by WaterDog
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:01 AM
Joined Mar 2005
181 Posts
Waterdog,

I think that is true...they don't care how you got there... just the picture. As long as it has pretty flowers in it. I wonder if I should make a feminine version of my portfolio? Pink borders and brush script fonts...
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:08 AM
WaterDog
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while WaterDog edits it.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 12:39 PM
Blue Foam & a Happy Home
www.DadsFunPage.com
Joined Jun 2003
797 Posts
I took some AP of my parents-in-law's acreage. HE wanted a shot that had all of the acreage including the equipment in the pasture. SHE wanted a close up of the house. I ended up using Photo Shop to put a close up of the house in one corner of the picture.

Later, I did my grandparents-in-law's farm. My wife said, "be sure the house shows up well. Grandma will like that." I think Grandpa would have preferred a close up of the cow barn.
bradm is offline Find More Posts by bradm
Old Jun 23, 2005, 01:06 PM
Joined Oct 2004
499 Posts
It's certainly interesting to read the above ideas. Maybe it actually works out better for me considering there are few of "us".

HHHHmmmmm....

Charlene
TreeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TreeFlyer
Old Jun 23, 2005, 01:25 PM
Texas
Joined Jan 2005
293 Posts
The reason that they don't care for aerial photography is because the camera is usually too high in the sky to see the diamonds and jewelry on the ground.
2thDr is offline Find More Posts by 2thDr
Old Jun 23, 2005, 02:12 PM
Joined Mar 2005
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safford
It's certainly interesting to read the above ideas. Maybe it actually works out better for me considering there are few of "us".

HHHHmmmmm....

Charlene
Hmm... a female amongst us?
Old Jun 23, 2005, 02:16 PM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2005
5,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecor
I wonder if I should make a feminine version of my portfolio? Pink borders and brush script fonts...
Don't forget to scent it.
aragon is offline Find More Posts by aragon
Old Jun 23, 2005, 03:08 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,368 Posts
Wonder why, when you go to Wal-Mart you see more men setting on benches than women? It works just the opposite in other things!
Women might put up a forum asking,"I wonder why more men don't like to shop with their wives"?
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Jun 23, 2005, 04:47 PM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,903 Posts
My wife became more interested in AP when I started getting commissions......

Adam
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
Old Jun 23, 2005, 06:01 PM
Joined Oct 2004
499 Posts
Blucor,

Yes, indeedy!

Char
TreeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TreeFlyer
Old Jun 23, 2005, 06:22 PM
Build, fly, crash, repeat.
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Feb 2005
276 Posts
Mine seems to think wasting money on a "toy" is pointless, considering the money could be spent on necesities....like new black shoes because the ones she bought last week are already out of style. Do what I do, act secrative when she comes in the computer room....quickly close whatever pics you're working on.....I guarentee she'll take interest, if only for that moment.
Lost In OC is online now Find More Posts by Lost In OC
Old Jun 23, 2005, 09:48 PM
My three sons...
Steamboat Springs Co.
Joined Nov 2004
1,090 Posts
Charlene,

Just curious what the photo is in your aviator.
Beauregard is offline Find More Posts by Beauregard