SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2002, 01:30 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Thanks for that little bit of info Matt(On the 480 and where to buy) as i live in Canada and 12 dollars compared to 20 bucks is a HUGE differance. Now just to find someone that can recieve them and then send them to me so as to not pay duty!

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2002, 08:39 AM
Toledo Ohio, USA!
Joined Dec 2001
647 Posts
hey jeff, I changed the prop like all of you said. WOW! what a diference that makes! i came in for a landing and hit a bunch of tree trunks. Battery shot out the front, took the nose off my razor, and thats it. I think that with theese planes (razors and zagi's) they are the only plane you can crash, say you had a good fligt, and fix them in 20 mins. just to g ofly again! Boy does my RAZOR scoot around with that prop changd, makes my dad happier that it flies good to, seing as he bought it.
Gonflyin01 is offline Find More Posts by Gonflyin01
Old May 08, 2002, 04:05 PM
nw ohio
Joined Jan 2002
491 Posts
i just bought ultracoat yesterday and im gonna start covering tonight. i got midnight blue and chrome. its gonna look cool. ill sent a pic when im done. now i gotta send my esc back to zagi so they can looks at it. when i plug in the batt it automatically goes to full throttle. ive tried it in every possible way and it wont work! i emailed them today and ill probably sent it out tomorrow. sugg?
Jeff
easy2fly is offline Find More Posts by easy2fly
Old May 08, 2002, 04:07 PM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,405 Posts
Other than making sure that your transmitter is turned on and throttle down before plugging in the battery.
mtayl is offline Find More Posts by mtayl
Old May 08, 2002, 04:13 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Jan 2002
186 Posts
What radio are you using? Futaba needs to have the throttle servo direction reversed. If you move the stick to full throttle does the motor stop?

Tony
crashman is offline Find More Posts by crashman
Old May 08, 2002, 04:15 PM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,405 Posts
Oh good point. I had that happen to me once. Channel 3 needed to be reversed. Scared the doodoo out of me! This was on a 6XAS.
mtayl is offline Find More Posts by mtayl
Old May 08, 2002, 09:05 PM
nw ohio
Joined Jan 2002
491 Posts
im using a hitec focus 3 . ive tried it with transmitter on and off. ive tried all positions with the stick when the transmitter on. the light on the esc is working but the throttle is always at full when the pack is plugged in.
Jeff
Old May 09, 2002, 12:22 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Sounds like your ESC has packed it in and is staying Open.

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old May 11, 2002, 07:39 PM
nw ohio
Joined Jan 2002
491 Posts
im almost finished covering and it looks great. they havent emiled me back yet so im just gonna sent it to em tonight. now that it looks so good im afraid of crashin it. ultracoat is alot more pricy that tape.
Jeff
Old May 21, 2002, 10:08 PM
nw ohio
Joined Jan 2002
491 Posts
zagi sent me a new esc and i finished covering the other day. one of my servos has a bad motor so i thought i would have to wait another week. ( i havent flown it in three months) i put everything in it along with a gws micro servo replacing on of my hs 81s. i took it out to my yard and gave her a toss. this was my first flight where my prop was turned around. it flew fantastik! i threw it and it climbed away fast. in one circle i gained as much air as it would have taken 5 circles with thr prop not turned. i had on problem. when i received a little interfeirence (normal at my house) the motor wouls shut off and wouldnt come back on. i moved the stick back and forth but nothing so i would land. i shut off the switch, waited 5 seconds, and turned it back on. then it would work. you guys know what went wrong?
Jeff
Old May 22, 2002, 12:22 PM
Crashez-vous sans stress!
Chicago
Joined Nov 2001
374 Posts
Power interruption

Many ESC's have a safe-start mode programmed into them, where they will not pass juice to the motor unless, at the time of battery connection, the throttle stick remains in the off position for a certain period of time, like three to five seconds. This program disables itself once you're up and running, but if power to the ESC is interrupted (by faulty wiring or possibly, radio interference to the receiver), the program resets itself. You would then need to leave the stick all the way down for a few seconds (if you have enough altitude!) to get motor power back.
Dan H. is offline Find More Posts by Dan H.
Old May 22, 2002, 03:59 PM
nw ohio
Joined Jan 2002
491 Posts
thanks dan, ill try that when i fly in a few minutes ill report back.
Old May 22, 2002, 04:44 PM
nw ohio
Joined Jan 2002
491 Posts
well 19 mph wind and that didnt work. it might but it went dead and i waited 5 secs , and turned it back on. had to glide down. turned off the switch, waited 5 secs and turned back on. motor ran fine from there. threw it back up and flew some more . a little to windy but ill give it a go later tonight.
Jeff
Old May 22, 2002, 06:39 PM
nw ohio
Joined Jan 2002
491 Posts
i have one more question. i want to hook up my zagi to my 6xa futaba radio. i put the correct crystal in and turned on the elevon mixing. the elevons work properly, but the throttle is not turning on. is there something i need to turn on or off to acheive throttle? thanks
Jeff
Old May 22, 2002, 06:46 PM
Crashez-vous sans stress!
Chicago
Joined Nov 2001
374 Posts
Try reversing your throttle channel. If it's flipped, it's not sending that "off-throttle" signal the ESC needs to pass power to the motor.
Dan H. is offline Find More Posts by Dan H.