HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2005, 05:36 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Question
Flight data recorder - Eagle tree system -> Problems ?

Hello,

I am just thinking to buy a flight data recorder from Eagle tree system.

Now I have heard from a friend of mine that he lost two airplanes due to interference of the data logger (V2) and the radio.

Does anybody had also problems with this flight data recorder and with which radio ?

Thank you in advance.

Thomas
Thomas_Matt is offline Find More Posts by Thomas_Matt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2005, 11:02 AM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Oct 2004
5,965 Posts
I no longer have the data recorder, but never had any problems using it with a JR 8103 or JR 387. JR receivers.

Bill
ebill3 is offline Find More Posts by ebill3
Old Jul 07, 2005, 09:43 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Thomas,

Regarding RFI from Eagle Tree, our systems are tested with our in-house spectrum analyzer to help ensure that they are not producing interference at RC frequencies. The units have a significant number of RFI supressing parts to keep everything quiet.

Has your friend contacted us? It seems unlikely that he's crashing planes because of the V2 recorder. Especially if he did an antenna range check before flying - this is critical when adding ANYTHING is changed or added, and every day, for that matter.

Have your friend email us and we'll try to figure out what's happening with him.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor