HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2006, 04:45 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,026 Posts
Marc,
yeah, since my JMP has been down for so long, i've gotten really good at using other planes parts for my needs. no wonder why my girlfriend keeps asking "where'd that plane you just bought go?" one of these days, i'll get all my equipment fixed, but in a week or so i'll have my new RX from Nick Leichty, so that should keep me entertained for quite a while.

Martin,
i hope to see you coming out with a printed tissue plane the link in the first post by Gordon shows how it all goes together, but here's a good one too:

"Printed Tissue Graphic Files" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=405035&pp=15

nick
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2006, 02:59 PM
why wont it fly
south africa
Joined Jan 2006
221 Posts
hi all, here is a pic of my almost finnished rv8. the underside of the wings are open structure so the tissue required shrinking since water makes the ink run i just used dope to wet out the tissue beforehand, it make covering trickey as it sticks where u put it and you have to lift the whole sheet off to re allign. but it worked. i just used standard hp inkjet and cartriges, also just use masking tape to hold tissue to carrier sheet.
dylan roberts is offline Find More Posts by dylan roberts
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,409 Posts
Dylan,
That looks very nice. And, it's a good example of what can be done with printed tissue. Hope it flys as well as it looks.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Feb 18, 2006, 02:02 AM
why wont it fly
south africa
Joined Jan 2006
221 Posts
thank you Gordon, could you please tell me what tissue you use and where you get it from. my dads (ancient)stash is finnished now and there is not many coulor schemes using orange only! thats all iv got left.
dylan roberts is offline Find More Posts by dylan roberts
Old May 19, 2006, 07:59 AM
Belgium, Londerzeel
Joined Nov 2005
82 Posts
My first printed tissue plane, all before were with markers...
nitrostar is offline Find More Posts by nitrostar
Old May 19, 2006, 08:51 AM
4000 posts?!
Joined Jan 2005
4,026 Posts
nitrostar,

the plane looks great, nice work on the graphics too, did you do them yourself? its always good to see more people doing printed tissue, it works wonders for a little realism while flying.

i kinda forgot about this thread, i was going to post the P-82 here, i should do that soon. Mike Glass should post his Micro Ultimate here as well (and in the Printed Tissue Graphic Files thread...share the love, or tissue in this case!)

nick
Old May 19, 2006, 09:15 AM
Belgium, Londerzeel
Joined Nov 2005
82 Posts
I designed the graphics myself...

I draw everything in Autocad, i paste pics (like redbull logo) in Autocad and draw the lines over it! It takes some time but once done you can play with the colors, make a 3D-render...

grtz

sjekke

PS: When needed i post the graphics here! Otherwise they are also in the jets thread...
nitrostar is offline Find More Posts by nitrostar
Old May 19, 2006, 12:53 PM
4000 posts?!
Joined Jan 2005
4,026 Posts
if you like autocad, i bet you'd like coreldraw as well. its an excellent program.

you should also post the graphics at the thread that i linked to in post #16, the Printed Tissue Graphics thread. it would be a nice addition to the collection

nick
Old Jun 20, 2006, 07:09 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,263 Posts
Here's my StepDaughters plane almost ready for AA electronics.
Only did one side the the wing and tail since I was concerned about weight.
It's not tissue but some very thin parchment tracing paper.
fr4nk1yn is offline Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:54 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
see now ya guys are thinkin, you have somthing to blow your nose with when that tssue plane just crashed that youve been workin on forever!!
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Jun 22, 2006, 02:26 AM
Las Vegas Realtor
Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2002
1,114 Posts
Some printed tissues from the far past, near past:
Inari is offline Find More Posts by Inari
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:28 AM
Don't leave it Stock
USA, IL, Round Lake
Joined Feb 2004
2,495 Posts
Thanks to Gordon Johnson

Just finished up his Monocoupe. Hats off to Gordon for sharing his talent with us all. Hoping to pickup electronics at E-Fest in February. Btw my lightest Auw Framework yet, right around 2 grams as pictured.
mrfliboy is offline Find More Posts by mrfliboy