SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2007, 09:08 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Cool !!! The 150% flies like a blimp ... need to do a 72"(200%) T One now in FFF ...schmaybe have to put two motors on it .... do thrust differential steering(like a huge Air Hog ) and not touch the other stick .... unless you needed to ...
gpw is online now Find More Posts by gpw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2007, 09:19 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
200%?! Ok... ya got my attention...

We're gonna use a broomstick for the dowel?
msmith is online now Find More Posts by msmith
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:30 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Bamboo fishing pole ... and we're NOT even gonna' let Mini-G think about flying it ....hahahahahahaha slingshots are broken ...
Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:03 AM
Joined Jan 2007
64 Posts
enhansed T-1

I know that GPW asked us not to change the design but there is really no need to have that section in the front cut out it just makes the plane weaker. I was able to do flips by decreasing the polyhedral( amount of angle between the wingtips and the main wing section), decreasing the bend in the wing, increasing the control by mounting the control wire very close to the tail and finally by putting on a large prop. The effects are amazing!! A noob can fly it and I can enjoy the flight. i also made a wooden template s that I could make lost of them easily. Tell me what other enhancements you've done to your T-1 .
-Rick
RickSmithers10 is offline Find More Posts by RickSmithers10
Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:13 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
RS , Don't feel too bad , I haven't cut out the canopy thingie' since the first one ...that was just actually done for "looks " anyway, and now provides a bigger place to place the battery ...
Other than that we've made regular dihedral wings, and have plans for an even longer wing KF Glider version ( )... More control surface deflection is fine for aerobatics... more power is always acceptable , but I suspect that you are beyond the trainer stage now, eh ???
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:21 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Rick - I'll re-iterate... Sometimes folks still in the training stages will take a design like this, make so many modifications it only resembles the original plan, and then come online here and complain about how bad it flies...

It can get aggravating for a designer when they know that the original plan flew wonderful.

Modifications that improve or enhance the design are another thing all together. I know for a fact that gpw is always open to trying new things that make an existing plane better, or different, but still very flyable and fun.

-ms
msmith is online now Find More Posts by msmith
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:50 AM
Joined Jan 2007
64 Posts
What would you guys recommend as a step up from the T-1? Is there a plane (with free plans) that is simaler to the T-1 ei. easy to build and relatively easy to fly? Is there another forum on a plane like this?
-Rick
Old Jan 29, 2007, 06:01 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
The Stealth Sport is Fun , EASY , and a good Flyer ... Free Plans at www.FoamFly.com/gallery/Glen ... and is the next logical step ...Elevons...
Old Jan 29, 2007, 09:10 AM
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
We got a smallish gym to fly in so I built a T1 according to plans, J250 motor and 4x2.5 prop (2S 1.6 oz lipo) to see how it would do as an indoor winter flyer. It went pretty well but a bit fast for the gym. I may have to try a lighter motor and battery. It felt like it could use a little down thrust as well. A fun build! Probably Gym blu or the like would be better. I don't really want to go to those tiny actuators tho.
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:40 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Neb, Light is the key to slow speed, and that little stick on the left...thrustline is set to climb under power,good for noobs...adjust to suit your flying skills..
try removing the skin and some 3oo lipos...don't need much strength indoors , just lightness
Old Feb 01, 2007, 02:31 PM
Joined Jan 2007
64 Posts
Has anyone tried to put floats on a T-1. I'm trying to but I don't know exacty what to do. The floats are also a bit heavy.
-RS
Old Feb 02, 2007, 06:45 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Not designed for floats , but regular float rules apply ..same as any other plane...
Old Feb 04, 2007, 11:40 PM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
I had a touch of insomnia this morning, so up at 03:30.

Took my T1 accross the street to the park and had a ball. Still getting a lot of fun out of it. Pitch black but with the lights on, great!

I've had several severe crashes, where I was rushing to get it up and not checking CoG, or flying in to small a space. But all i've had to do is CA the balsa backbone and hot glue the foam.

Now, floats and in the dark, there's an idea......

Andrew
Andrew u.k. is online now Find More Posts by Andrew u.k.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 06:37 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Insomnia ??? What's that ??? Want to sleep ? Just turn on the telle ... Glad you've had a good time with the T-1....
FB G flew his T1 1/2 with an assortment of commercial lighting devices , included some Leds , scrounged from dead traffic lights after the flood .... looks like a Christmas tree, gotta' be totally Alien in the dark ... Even with all that extra weight was a big floater, very slow and trainerlike ... Whoops , another "sighting "...
Old Mar 10, 2007, 02:46 PM
Tinkerer
RI
Joined May 2005
184 Posts
T-ii??

One of the neighbor kids decided the T-1 needed something more (see photos).

Amazingly enough, it actually flies...

--Spike
jfhspike is offline Find More Posts by jfhspike