HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2006, 03:13 PM
Joined Apr 2006
49 Posts
Really want to build a T11/2for my grandson(not me HAHA).Where did I miss the plans. I read whole 36 page thread.Plans for 11/2??? THANKS,RACJ
RACJ is offline Find More Posts by RACJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2006, 04:43 PM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,105 Posts
MS enlarged the plans for us by some photo method(?) .... you could easily measure all the critical areas and just multiply by 1.5 ....everything is squarish so should be easy .... OR one of these kind gentlemen perhaps may post the enlarged version for us ...
Beer , congratulations on your success twin ... cool idea!!!!!
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Dec 03, 2006, 06:44 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
RACJ - I'll have to check my files... Between here at home and work I've got an expansive area to look (7 or 8 computers between the two sites).

I do think however that they were at work and if thats the case, then I'll post them here for everyone to try out... Or, if the boy gets to sleep at a decent time tonight, I'll work on learning a bit of Corel so that I can sharpen the lines and then I'll post the tiled plans.

-mike s.
msmith is online now Find More Posts by msmith
Old Dec 03, 2006, 07:32 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_ Man
...Hope Glen does not get to upset for changing his specifications...
Beer_Man - it's not that he gets upset so much about the mods, but that in the past, the rule of thumb has been folks will not build to the plans, then come in the forums and complain about how bad a flyer plane-x is...

Instead of having to tell folks to try rebuilding it according to the plans, he would rather them just build it accordingly in the beginning. Alternatively, you'll get folks who will build something like the T1 and then complain that it doesn't fly like their formosa... Just funny stuff like that.

As long as it flies great, I think he's cool with it and would even like to hear about the mods... Always welcome the 'cool' info.

If you used the materials you had on hand and didn't buy anything he'd say thats even better... You're high in the ranks of the 'fun-per-buck' club.

-mike s.
Old Dec 03, 2006, 09:28 PM
Joined Apr 2006
49 Posts
Thanks MSMITH,I'll keep checking in for plans.I have some new brushed motors and 700 NIMH packs to use up and safer to train grandson to fly and use chargers. I feel larger plane will support this weight better. Thanks again,RACJ
Old Dec 03, 2006, 10:26 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
I found the original, and will be able to post it tomorrow both tiled and full size...

I've been messing around with the trace feature in Corel and while I can't get the auto trace to work correctly for some reason, I can manually trace the plan. Will take some time though... Think I'll bring Corel to work and do it there tomorrow... Will post the original early, and hopefully by tomorrow around 3-4pm Central time I'll have a 'traced' image of the plans up as well.

-mike s.
Old Dec 04, 2006, 12:53 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Ok, been working on learning Corel's trace function... It took a bit, and it's not pretty, but its functional and the lines aren't blown away from increasing the resolution.

Will work on posting tiles tomorrow.

-mike s.
Old Dec 04, 2006, 06:26 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,105 Posts
We applaud MS's efforts ...it's amazing to watch him on a computer ... Gives me a headache .... so technical ...Whoa!!!! ......makes me feel like the scarecrow... " If I only had a brain"
The standard T-1 is a fine flyer with all the original brushed eqpt... the larger one is really BIG , and was actually done for MS's AP....but it does make a good trainer for those with a large enough vehicle to carry it ...
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Dec 05, 2006, 08:49 PM
Tinkerer
RI
Joined May 2005
184 Posts
Plans

I used the most elementary of tools -- Microsoft Word -- to redraw the T1 plans way back when I was first trying to build one; I think that I captured most of what was in the original design, but I did it in a way that made it easier for me to read :-), and included a few minor changes. I'm gonna attach these to this reply for others to look at.

These plans have the charm that you can (on many machines) print them scaled up by any amount you like; since the background 1"-square pattern is there, you can get a pretty good idea of the amount of scale you've gotten as a consequence of your computer, the printing dialog, and whatever wacky stuff your printer might do, etc.

I didn't include the "fillet" for stiffening the tailfeathers; otherwise it is pretyt much the same design, except for a few extra skewers (which is why I called the document "Satay One" :-) )

--John
jfhspike is offline Find More Posts by jfhspike
Old Dec 05, 2006, 09:22 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
RACJ - sorry that its taken me so long to get these plans up... Monday was a blow-out for me at work and I'm currently working between two different offices. Mon-Wed-Fri on the westbank (NOLA Thing), and Tuesday and Thursday downtown... the software, and files were at my west bank office... I'll have to work on it again tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you've got MS Word, John's redraw of the Trainer1 is one of the coolest 'electronic enhancements' of gpw's plans that I've seen... Very nice work John, you'll have to do a mini-how-to thread on re-drawing using MS word.

-mike s.
Old Dec 05, 2006, 09:59 PM
Joined Apr 2006
49 Posts
No MS word unfortionately. It will probably be Friday night before I could build anyway. You are doing me the favor;I can wait. THANKS,RACJ
Old Dec 05, 2006, 10:34 PM
New Hampshire-seacoast area
Joined Jun 2005
1,755 Posts
Here's a free MS Word viwer:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
praymond is offline Find More Posts by praymond
Old Dec 05, 2006, 11:04 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Ok, had a few minutes before bed and was able to connect to my PC at work to get the file...

It's not perfect, but I'm still learning this 'trace' function and the auto-trace function wouldn't work for some reason (again, still learning).

Should be enough to get a t1.5 cut and built though.

-mike s.
Old Dec 06, 2006, 05:55 AM
East Hartford, CT
Joined Sep 2006
1,304 Posts
YAY!!!!

Thank you sooo much!!

T1.5 time!!!
wedge98 is offline Find More Posts by wedge98
Old Dec 06, 2006, 06:00 AM
East Hartford, CT
Joined Sep 2006
1,304 Posts
RACJ and all others without word.

Use this:

http://www.openoffice.org/

open source software so it's free and has all the main products of office(word, excel, powerpoint, etc...) I use it at work and home on my linux and windows box. There is also a portable version that can be placed on a USB key(flash drive, thumb drive, pickle, etc..) and can be used in any computer that recognizes the USB key.

A great piece of software that can even convert the files to PDF for those on here that love adobe.

Provided tools and how they map to office:
Writer = Word
Impress = Powerpoint
Calc = Excel
Math = similar to Matlab or Methmatica or some unknown to me office tool
Base = Access
Draw = Visio
wedge98 is offline Find More Posts by wedge98