HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:05 AM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
I'm all lit up now and ready to freak the neigbours out.
It's going to be pretty windy for the next few days, so I must resist the urge.
Andrew u.k. is offline Find More Posts by Andrew u.k.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2006, 06:32 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Joined Jul 2002
24,049 Posts
Looks GREAT !!!! Good Flying !!!!!!!

Today is our day to be Thankfull for our family, friends ......and Foamie guys...
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:15 AM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
Happy thanksgiving to you all.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 04:49 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,049 Posts
The second of the T-1 1/2's went to my FB 'G" to train his wife and kids....First flight today ... G is over talking and not watching junior, and the little tyke flew the brand new T-1 into the top of a very tall cypress tree (app75')... Spent the rest of the morning with slingshots , string , baseballs , sticks ,and wishes....Finally it came down with minimal damage .... a little hot glue and junior had 2 more flights .... flew like a bird .... a very slow bird , but when Dad hit the power the BP-21 hauled it right on UP .... Cool !!! Now 3 flights and junior says he wants a Micro Jet .... Right !!!!!

MS has pics....
Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:16 PM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
I was out again on Sunday at the park. I had quite a crowd and a few envious Dads looking on. Perfect landings I still can't believe how easy it is. I would let my little girl have a go but she's only three and to busy chasing it around the field.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 06:10 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,049 Posts
Give the girl a go !!! Kids learn so quickly because their brains are not cluttered Up with all sort of silly things , like how to operate computers and make foam insulation minature aircraft .....Glad you're having a Good time !!!!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 09:11 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Andrew - go check out the simulator forum... Download/install FMS.

you can get a USB game-pad controller for $19.00 or so at the Wal-mart here in the states (should find something comparable there in the UK)
and you can use the two analog sticks to fly just like a regular transmitter, or buy the adapter cable for your specific transmitter and actually use it to fly on the sim...

Give her a few minutes/hours of sim time, then look out.

It's funny about women pilots... In my experience they've seemed to take to the concept very quickly and easily, but they're still not that many around...

I was teaching my bro-in-law to fly the sim and he spent about 20-30 minutes on it learning different things, moving around the field, etc...

The wife walked into the computer room and giggled when he crashed 'again'.

He handed her the Tx and said 'well then, you show me how to do it...'

She'd never flown before, but she proceeded to take off, fly around, loops, rolls, etc... and then got tired with messing around so she nosed it in. Flew for about 8-10 minutes or so.

I've tried to get her interested, but the best she'll do is fly the aero ace in the back yard if we're already out there with it...

-mike s.
msmith is offline Find More Posts by msmith
Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:41 AM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
Now for the truth......My daughter was just an excuse for wasting the time and money. Well allmost, I hope to fire her imagination.
Practiced with Fms and the T1 before i had it built, but thats a good idea about getting her on it. I would then have to build a nother for myself. Oh well.........

Just back from my first 05.30 morning/night flight also first time with no wind, what a blast. The plane was well lit up and clearly visible, but the trees you just can't see. All back in one piece, and with no wind it was the first time i could try the trimming. Didn't need any, just let go of the sticks and flew great.
Took it to the construction site again yesterday, makes work fun again!

I'm looking to build an aileron trainer what would you recommend?
Old Nov 29, 2006, 01:16 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Aileron trainer... hrm...

Parkflyer Pete... or

How do you feel about a biplane? Albatross or Fokker
Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:49 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,049 Posts
STEALTH SPORT .... Best A trainer we've found ... and flown with everything from an IPS A motor to a j250 geared, or a cd motor...flies like a kite ...EASY to fly and quick building , and with the suggested washout , really gentle characteristics .... and it looks cool ...
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:27 PM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
whats the best with a bit of a breeze, the fokker? With the winter, i'm just thinking that the stealth sport might not get much of a use.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 01:24 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
They're both nice, but if I had to pick one for windy flying, I'd probably go with the Stealth Sport.

I've seen similar designs slope soaring so I figure it'll accept the wind in some fashion better than the Fokker.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:44 PM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
Thanks stealth sport it is then.
Flew the T1 again yesterday, a bit windy but still flyable, but stopped when she started flying backwards!
Old Dec 03, 2006, 12:07 PM
USA, AZ, Yuma
Joined Aug 2006
7 Posts
My T1

I had to change the T1 to fit the parts I have. The plane is made to scale. I had a 1250milh s3 lp battery, for engines I used 2 motors from a Yellow Bee 5 volts. Wired them parallel so I could use the s3 I had. Used a gws mini receiver.
At full throttle they draw 5 amps The weight of the plane, ready to fly, with battery, is 11.5 oz. Hope Glen does not get to upset for changing his specifications. Installed motors on the bottom of the wing. Used a piece of foam to make a wedge engines are approx 2 degrees down tilt and throttle position makes no difference on T1 attitude in flight.
Maiden voyage this am, 10 mile an hour wind, gentle throw into the wind, at 3/4 throttle, climbed forty five degree angle. Got some altitude needed about 4 clicks down elevator and 2 or 3 three clicks right rudder. Plane flew very stable. Would fly at half throttle into the wind and maintain alltitude. Tried to get my grandson to fly it but he said he wanted to wait till it had one flight and one landing before he would try as both of us have only flown about two times. I would say that excellent design is an understatement. T1 is truley a excellent trainer. Will try and enclose some pictures as this is my first post.
Beer_ Man is offline Find More Posts by Beer_ Man
Old Dec 03, 2006, 01:31 PM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
Great adaption. There's so much you can do with this plane.