HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:58 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Single elevator cares not on which side it works... use Minimum throws for training .... Rudder 1/2" each way , elevator the same .... Good Luck !!!
PS, Local hobby dealers which now deal almost exclusively in Kits and Arf's ($) are usually confused by my contraptions
gpw is online now Find More Posts by gpw
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2006, 05:01 AM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
Thanks again to everyone.

I have just flown Noddy T1 for the first time, in fact i've just flown a plane for the first time!

I was in two minds to fly as the breeze had started picking up, but i couldn't resist it. Flew really well, i had been practicing on FMS with the TI and it flew nearly identical. It just floated onto the ground, no damage done on three landings.
I feel safe now to unveil it to my daughter, as i thought the first flight would be a right off, I sneaked out on my own to save any embarrasment.

The plane came in at 10oz and thats incuding the bumper I put on to get the CofG right.

I think I am now offiacally hooked to scratch building and flying.

Andrew
Andrew u.k. is offline Find More Posts by Andrew u.k.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 05:57 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
We are all very excited to hear of your success!!!!!!! Welcome to the club !!! Your plane looks great !!! Love the decorations ....
Old Nov 18, 2006, 06:01 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
We are all very excited to hear of your success!!!!!!! Welcome to the club !!! Your plane looks great !!! Love the decorations .... I might mention that the stresses on the wing are mostly comcentrated directly in the center...That's where the LE dowell needs to be , the tips do quite well unsupported....Also , that is an amazing piece of hardware on the nose of your craft... Bumper .... balloon catcher.... and they balk at my contraptions ... Good Luck to you !!!!
Old Nov 19, 2006, 02:52 PM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
Flew again today with my daughter present. She loved it but was worried at first when the plane flew away, untill i made a nice gentle turn and came back again.
I still can't believe how easy it is to fly, made some 3 point landings with the wheels even rolling on the grass.
When i read through the beginners threads asking which plane to learn on, I would suggest this one. It was a little breezy, but still easy to fly.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:00 PM
Lake In The Hills, Il
Joined Jun 2005
359 Posts
Andrew
Well you built it to the plan!
That makes it "The EASIEST PLANE to FLY"!
Best trainer I have seen!
windy city
windy city is offline Find More Posts by windy city
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:23 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Thanks Andrew , we put alot of time and testing to make it self-righting (a good trainer) ... Glad it worked so well for you !!!!Thanks for your kind words !!!
Windy , You too !!!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:08 PM
In my Blu heaven! near Lincoln NE
Joined Mar 2003
2,000 Posts
Andrew, Especially after the comments from your local hobby shops, what say you know about the "single " elevator? You should let them know how well it does! I bet they will want to see now!

Robert
willin is offline Find More Posts by willin
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:26 AM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
They did say, they would like to know how i got on. Building the T1 I was in the shop four times in three days, now I'm hooked I think I will be a regular.
I was very surprised they did not know much about building, they sell all the wire, carbon rods and Balsa. They helped me a good deal with the motor and battery though.

Flew at work today, had some of the blokes watching, for some reason it turned all of these burly construction workers into little boys again. I wish I could of had a photo of them all watching a Noddy plane float around the sky.

p.s.
Do you get Noddy in the U.S. It's an Enid Blyton character. My daugters mad on him.
Last edited by Andrew u.k.; Nov 21, 2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:57 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
"I was very surprised they did not know much about building, they sell all the wire, carbon rods and Balsa."
Not too surprising considering most of the sales these days is ARF's ...Building is "thought" to be too difficult ...or actually not pushed due to the quest to sell ARF's ...I know guys here that can't even repair their arf's... back to the hobby dealer ... that's the idea , isn't it ...$$$$$$$$$$$$

Andrew.. thanks for your narrative...Glad you're having FUN ...!!!
Noddy .... Na , not here ...too bad .....We just got Grommit
Old Nov 21, 2006, 08:25 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
We actually do have Noddy... I think it shows on the 'Sprout' channel... All kids network type thing...

My 2yr old does seem to like it when its on... he's got other favorites at the moment though.

Andrew how old is your daughter? Possibly it's an age difference and mine will get more excited about Noddy eventually too...

-mike s.
msmith is online now Find More Posts by msmith
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:11 AM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
She's about three and a half, I'm not that keen on him, but she likes him.

It's winter over here, pretty cold and dark. So I have decided to light the plane up with some LEDs', then my wife will think I really am nuts.

Will keep you posted.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
LEDs? Be sure to post pictures!

-mike s.
msmith is online now Find More Posts by msmith
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:42 AM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
Been looking at the U.F.O thread, probably my next build, looks good lit up, so what the heck. I thought I better get some practice in before the U.F.O and the only time I get is early morning or evening. It's dark until 8.00 a.m. and dark again at 4.00 p.m. so you see my problem.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 07:29 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Apparently , MS , having a child , watches different channels than I do ...
Andrew , good luck with the flying ... Led's work fine...and are FUN in the dark ... (gosh , and I thought our days were getting short ...???)