HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:50 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Feb 2005
175 Posts
"Reward for return"?

I'm one step above a beginner with a question. Besides putting name and phone number on your plane in the event it flies off into the wild blue yonder, what about adding "Reward for return"? I thought I read somewhere that this was not a good idea. Any thoughts?
thumsrus is offline Find More Posts by thumsrus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:22 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,468 Posts
I can't think of a reason for the reward to be a problem..
If someone demands a lot for the return, get his name and number.. Once he acknowledges he has your property, keeping it is theft.
I've only lost two planes in 50 years, about that long ago.. both with name and address.. one came back, the other hasn't yet...
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Jun 17, 2005, 02:35 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,715 Posts
I think what you might have read is that putting an address on is not a good idea. It might give someone the idea that there's more models, or other nice goodies, at that address .

Telephone number (cellphone number if you're really paranoid) and "reward" are okay so far as I'm concerned.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Jun 18, 2005, 01:08 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Feb 2005
175 Posts
Thanks for the input.
Sparky Paul - on that 2nd plane: don't give up yet...give it a little more time!
thumsrus is offline Find More Posts by thumsrus
Old Jun 19, 2005, 12:56 AM
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Del Rio Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,991 Posts
I think info labels are a pretty good idea. I haven't put them in all my models, but definitely in my gliders!!!
I like to put my first name and telephone number. I suppose a reward offer is not a bad thing to include.
Hey...while we are at it, maybe it's a good idea to include a note to turn off or unplug the battery pack so you don't run down and ruin that nice new lipo in there
Just make sure the label is easily visible. I have seen some so hidden it wouldn't have helped anyway.
Ken
CSI is online now Find More Posts by CSI
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2005, 05:10 AM
Pedal Power!
the lake
Joined Oct 2002
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn
I think what you might have read is that putting an address on is not a good idea. It might give someone the idea that there's more models, or other nice goodies, at that address .

Telephone number (cellphone number if you're really paranoid) and "reward" are okay so far as I'm concerned.
You can do a "reverse" phone look up at whitepages.com and get an address in a few seconds flat if you have a phone number.
lakedude is offline Find More Posts by lakedude