HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2005, 03:43 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
My MI-24 Hind D Corona Fuze

Heres my hind D . You can see the size difference between the Corona Hind and the Zoom/Trex hind.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2005, 03:54 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
very nice darth...
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:00 PM
Heli Headcase
Cliffside Park, NJ
Joined May 2003
2,551 Posts
sweet looking..is that the Russian version of the Apache? Think I remeber seeing that in a movie called Red Dawn..
Orion_V is offline Find More Posts by Orion_V
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:35 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
The russian version of the apache is the Havoc. Actually the hind is the Cobra's nemisis.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 07:54 PM
Fredericton, NB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
77 Posts
I might have to think about getting one of these for my Corona someday - my fiance is Russian

But that's after I learn how to fly it - AND after I get it out of the box and build it. Right now I'm in "XTR mode" and making some decent progress...hopefully the learning I am doing on the stock Corona in XTR will not be too far off the real thing.
Lewis H. Cobb is offline Find More Posts by Lewis H. Cobb
Old Jun 16, 2005, 09:44 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,664 Posts
The xtr corona flies nothing like the real thing. If you can fly that - the real thing is a piece of cake!
skyhawk is online now Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:07 AM
Fredericton, NB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
77 Posts
Well if that's the case I'm a 3D master and don't even know it Is the real Corona more sluggish or more "loose" than the one in XTR?

I'm now into forward flight around the field and doing turns towards me at each end ! This thing is very addictive - it's after 1am again and I've been at it for 3 hours ...
Lewis H. Cobb is offline Find More Posts by Lewis H. Cobb
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:12 AM
Joined Jan 2004
357 Posts
That's gonna be your best seller, Darth. I already have three of your bodies, and I can't wait for that one. Put me down as your first customer. Can I pre-order it?

Mark
gettinout is offline Find More Posts by gettinout
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:24 AM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,129 Posts
Dang ,it darth ,,,I don't even have my little hind for the shogun 1/2 way done and now you bring out its bigger brother ,,,,, what to do ,,what to do ,,,, never mind ,,,there aren't enough hours in a day to do them both ,,,,
Looks great ,,just like the little one ,,,it is sure to be a big seller ,what with Matts upswept tail and all the fine stuff to make it carry that extra scale wei ght..... You guys are the "men"

Thanks for making this hobby better
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap
Old Jun 20, 2005, 08:51 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Update, added weapons mounts. I can honestly say working with the styrene is very easy to accomplish this.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:12 PM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,129 Posts
Darth ..looks impressive
I haven't done much on mine,,,been mostly working on the tree limbs that fell on my house and car.---====Almost got the retracts for my shogun done though.It turns out to be more of a problem than I thought when I changed and decided to put the shogun in it instead of the T-rex ,,,but the T-rex looked to big in the fuse ,,unless I lowered the main mast or side frames some how ,,so I decided to go with the shogun since it also flys smoother.
The collective servo is right in the way of the retract push rods and will take a counter shaft to get around it... atleast the way it looks right now.Hope to post pix soon. I also did a little scale rework around the turbine inlets.... sorry I just love this bird and have to do it up to the max ,,,, and probably will take 5 yrs to complete
Although I doubt that will happen either ,,as I just found a german made "TURBINE" size fuse of the Mil MI Hind 24 -D ,,, any one care to guess what is going around my Bergen turbine ,,when I get use to it???? Turbine Hiind
Larry
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap
Old Sep 12, 2007, 01:43 AM
Joined Apr 2007
154 Posts
Darth... Have you thought of making a Ka-50/52 (Hokum) body for those coaxial helis out there??

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...NTW_7_8_93.jpg
desertmedic is offline Find More Posts by desertmedic
Old Sep 12, 2007, 01:49 AM
Joined Apr 2007
154 Posts
Whoops, looks like I shoulda looked before I opened my mouth. Looks like you already have one out...
desertmedic is offline Find More Posts by desertmedic
Old Sep 12, 2007, 02:04 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
I sell a kit that comes with a main body and three different nose section so you could make the KA either A KA-50, KA-50-2 or a KA-52. There is a overseas company in europe selling a copy of my body (which they made from mine). They also have a sister company located in the US.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 04:44 AM
mad heli scientist
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Dec 2005
4,034 Posts
I would really like to see an MH-53 fuse for the Eco 8.
Gadget01 is offline Find More Posts by Gadget01