Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:35 AM
Old Tyme Electric
Joined Mar 2005
660 Posts
Making your own swags/swedges for pull-pull systems?

Hey again,

I've heard they can be made out of 1/16" brass tubing so I did a bunch up last night. Problem is the sharp edges that's left on them which I imagine will eventually cut into the cable. I sat up last night with a file and my dremel tool but barely made a dent in the pile I gotta do.

Any suggestions for an alternative?

TIA,,

Steve
steve crewdog is offline Find More Posts by steve crewdog
Last edited by steve crewdog; Jun 14, 2005 at 11:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2005, 01:18 PM
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,841 Posts
I used to use pull-pull a lot in my pattern days. Check any good fishing shop. They sell kits for making leaders & such. There is proabbaly different sizes corresponding to different weight line ratings, but I got by with the normal tackle box stuff. They have nice nylon coated cables too.
ptxman is offline Find More Posts by ptxman
Old Jun 14, 2005, 06:06 PM
Old Tyme Electric
Joined Mar 2005
660 Posts
Hell of an idea. Just got back form the sporting goods store. Scanned badly but they are called "connector sleeves". 1.62 for a box of 36, size .070 just tested and they wrk fine. i also bought the crimper tool which i think is unnecessary...
steve crewdog is offline Find More Posts by steve crewdog
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:53 PM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,062 Posts
Any good tackle shop has a big assortment of ferruls (spelling?) for all size lines. They work very well and are relatively inexpensive.
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney