HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2005, 03:14 PM
Joined Sep 2004
145 Posts
search a plan for Balsa 3D like Madness, Quiet storm,...

Hi,

i'm looking for free plans in order to build my own 3D plane
wingspan about 1m
like filton kits, madness 2,...E3D

thanks
swiart2 is offline Find More Posts by swiart2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:39 PM
burr ridge illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,450 Posts
No other answers, so here's my 2 cents:

Things seem to be evolving so that more folks expect plans to be free. Is it because of all the free Shocky-style "plans" out there?

There might be others, but the only free plan I know of for a balsa plane is the Skeeter. There's a current thread on it in this forum. As you would expect since it's free, it is a fairly simple design, but you could have a ball with it.

Would you consider $10 too much for a plan?
echassin is offline Find More Posts by echassin
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:44 PM
Tennessee/Mid-South US
Joined Mar 2002
1,534 Posts
Gotta agree EChassin... Heckuvalotta work goes into a design and the accompanying plans for them to go out for free... I gave away plans for a while, but not much anymore...

I second the suggestion of the Skeeter, or if you want a full fuse, buy a set of plans for the Mini TOC. Both are great planes and simple builds with good looks.
matchlessaero is offline Find More Posts by matchlessaero
Old Jun 13, 2005, 11:10 PM
Ames, Iowa
Joined Oct 2002
2,495 Posts
The stevens aero stella comes with free plans when you buy the kit

Seriously though, if you really want to build something for the fun of it, more power to you, but with the quality of the kits from stevens aero and the price he offers them at, I havent thought about touching plans in a years now.

-Ryan
ryanl2006 is offline Find More Posts by ryanl2006
Old Jun 14, 2005, 12:54 AM
USA, MS, Iuka
Joined Jan 2002
722 Posts
This site has a huge selection of plans. It has a good search engine and you can specify electric,aerobatic and its size........works well some fair designs in there.......

http://www.profili2.com/eng/default_plans.htm
Bsouthwell is offline Find More Posts by Bsouthwell