HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:24 PM
Paderborn, Europe
Joined Oct 2004
99 Posts
Fun factor is more than OK (touch and go...). Weight ? will report tomorrow morning around 9 am gmt + 2h ( again 7g on my kitchen scale ). It's made of foam + 0.8mm carbon rod glued at the body with double sided tape.
Happy flying Rolf
RolfPW is offline Find More Posts by RolfPW
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:58 PM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
Wonder if the Bi-plane can lift it... Its a bit heavier, but I might try in adition withthe straw mod :-)

Where to buy:
Also its a good idea to ask small stores or bigger ones with good customer service that have silverlit products (x-trek, x-ufo...) if they can order it.
schorhr is offline Find More Posts by schorhr
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:23 PM
Micro Flyer, Big Poster
Joined Feb 2005
1,390 Posts
I'll have to head to Toys R Us sometime soon... I love bit radio!
(but I'm getting used to Propo :-P)
Pete P is offline Find More Posts by Pete P
Old Jul 12, 2005, 09:45 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,041 Posts
it seems that only "over the pond" toys r us stores carry the planes. i've stopped at my local toys r us and they didnt have any. i also checked the toys r us website, which apparentely now apart of amazon.com, and they didnt have it on their site. doesnt look like silverlit has brought any to the US yet, i still havent found them on their site even, but i'm going to send them an email and see what they say. i hope i can get my hands on one of these things.

Pete, if they have one at your Toys R us, let me know!

nick
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Jul 13, 2005, 01:53 AM
Paderborn, Europe
Joined Oct 2004
99 Posts
Weight of the landing gear is 440mg.
Rolf
RolfPW is offline Find More Posts by RolfPW
Old Jul 13, 2005, 02:52 AM
Buy,sell
Western Australia, Perth
Joined Oct 2004
227 Posts
Hey SCHORHR Does that heli actually fly. I mean does it hover is it stable hows it balanced

Isaac
ilaurencet01 is offline Find More Posts by ilaurencet01
Old Jul 13, 2005, 04:10 AM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
Rolf, please make & sell some for lazzy people like me, or suggest to silverlit (they seem to be very responsive to suggestions) ;-)

Toys-R-Us does not even show it on the german site, though most stores i went to carry the thing now for 25 Euros, lets see when xufo-shop.de will get the cheap sets of two. Woolworth germany just had a "test", at least thats what the friendly guy said when i called their HQ. Since they seem to be sold out everywhere (19,99) I am sure they will get them again.

Isaac, it did not even take off yet. The first run resulted in a crash, a motor fell off and got caught in the depron-X-structure *laughs*... Never glue with a cold gluegun.
In the second run, one electronic did not work, probably due to the first testrun.
Its flipping good though :-)
It will fly, since it weighs 15g and has about 16-20g of lift... But it will never be stable.
Even though its a digital proportional controll and I used two different bands, it does not provide stepless motorcontroll, and far less will it be stable by itself. If anyone can build a 0.5g-1g gyro that would work with x-twin electronic (and heres the catch...) drop me a line ;-)
I could use these tiny tilt-sensor-switches to give the motors full power when the ufo is about to tip in that direction, but I doubt that this will result in anything at all, probably even faster crashes.

My aim is that it actually lifts, and maybee is "controllable" in some way (Lift off with less power in one direction so it flies left for example).
It might hover in the ground effect a bit if the motors run eavenly, much more like a hovercraft then, but I doubt it. As i said, its just for fun. And thanks to Wallmart, a 29,98 Euro project, if you overlook the fried electronics.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 05:16 AM
Buy,sell
Western Australia, Perth
Joined Oct 2004
227 Posts
Yeh I fried two boards in the making of the heli. And have currently made a hovercraft with the X-twin electronics. Really powerful too.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 05:21 AM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
Got any pictures/Videos? How did you fry one?
Details )
Old Jul 13, 2005, 06:17 AM
Buy,sell
Western Australia, Perth
Joined Oct 2004
227 Posts
by making accidental bridges during soldering so when I turned the reciever on and pressed a button on the transmitter it heated up smoke came out. And then the H-bridge was glowing red. Yeh I'll put some pictures up in a second.

Isaac
Old Jul 13, 2005, 06:18 AM
Buy,sell
Western Australia, Perth
Joined Oct 2004
227 Posts
By the way I'll start a new thread For it
Old Jul 13, 2005, 06:36 AM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
Ouch. Please do that, and post the link
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:26 AM
Buy,sell
Western Australia, Perth
Joined Oct 2004
227 Posts
Bit hovercraft link
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392601
Old Jul 13, 2005, 03:54 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
did you know that there is no such thing as electricity ....wot happens is that it all runs on SMOKE ....normally when things are tight and correct , the smoke does the business...but if there's a fault or things get overloaded....guess what ?//
THE SMOKE GETS OUT .....and it dont work anymore
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Jul 13, 2005, 04:02 PM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
*lol*