Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:21 PM
Paderborn, Europe
Joined Oct 2004
99 Posts
SON OF PALEFACE, the straw sit's very strong on the remaining pipe. Have used no glue, only stucked (sticked ? ,"gesteckt" in german language) and it's solid as a rock .

fwing, first tests show me, that the monoplane is faster then the biplane and she climbs at any throttle position (around 2g lighter). The biplane loses some altitude at the 1'st.

Rolf
RolfPW is offline Find More Posts by RolfPW
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:17 PM
Netherlands
Joined Jan 2005
107 Posts
How come yours is 2 grams lighter, mine both weight 18 grams without the decals.

Mark.
Whacky is offline Find More Posts by Whacky
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:55 AM
Paderborn, Europe
Joined Oct 2004
99 Posts
On my kitchen scale the biplane weight's 19g and the mono 17g (with the straw mod )
Rolf
Old Jul 12, 2005, 01:47 AM
Paderborn, Europe
Joined Oct 2004
99 Posts
Curious about the exact weight , i took both planes to our laboratory at work. On a frequently calibrated sartorius scale:
biplane 19.68g
monoplane 17.02g
Have measured the static thrust too: 8g..10g
Rolf
Old Jul 12, 2005, 02:05 AM
Joined Jul 2005
696 Posts
Fwing,

I too face the problem of charging where the green light comes up for awhile and goes off again. I have since return my first x-twin back to the department store for a new one. It seems that these little rc planes are selling like hot cakes here in my hometown. Luckily, I manage to get one of the few last ones around (a blue x-twin) in exchange for the faulty one although I prefer my first one which is yellow.

Since then I have been flying it regularly. Outdoor as well as indoor! I get around 10 mins of flying time. The best time and place to fly is outdoor during early in the morning when there is no wind at all. Then you'll experience the supreme air lift and the next thing you notice, your x-twin is like flying 40 - 50 feet above you.

I did fly indoor once in a hall that fits about 2 badminton courts, but the lifts are not so strong due to the absence of atmospheric air, hence with full trottle, the x-twin is only flying like about 15 feet high (level flight with full trottle).

I find that flying in the park when there is no breeze is more fun as I can play around with it like flying around the street light poles or hover just above it, flying under overhanging tree branches and landing on specific area, etc. Just pure flying fun! Even my 20 month old son has developed a liking to my x-twin each time I bring him along with me to the park nearby. Good family bonding fun too!

Have not seen any eagle wing x-twin (single wing) around here, but hope to get one as soon as it is available so that I can fly together with my son later.

Check out this site: www.buschflieger.de for a video of the x-twin in flight. Also it seems the x-twin is their current bestseller product in the site.

Cheers! and Happy Flying!
hklam is offline Find More Posts by hklam
Old Jul 12, 2005, 02:12 AM
Joined Jul 2005
696 Posts
ROLF, since the single wing version (eagle wing) is lighter by approx. 2 g, is the flight time longer. By right, it should.... care to enlighten?
hklam is offline Find More Posts by hklam
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:27 AM
VIC, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
3 Posts
My charging light problem seems to be solved by changing a new set of AA batteries...
Hklam, thanks for posting the link for video, any more videos about x-twin can u find?
There are biplane and single wing versions avaliable in the Toy's R US nearby, it makes me spent sometime to think about which version I should buy(I'm poor guy, so can't afford to buy both)....finally I bought the single wing (although I like bi-wing more) because I think the bi-wing is more easier to be damaged when crashing....
Today, I did nearly 45 min flights with my x-twin babe. It is cloudy and windy today but I still take the risk to play my x-twin because I can't wait for calm day. because of the strong wind, I can flied x-twin into very high altitude to the level that I can't see her very clearly(can't distinguish where its nose direction). It was very dangerous that I almost lost control and fly away....When she was in a very high level, I switched off the throttle then let her glide...together with strong wind, she glided smoothly and when it nearly touch the ground or lost control, just apply throttle to get back the control..so I can made near 18 min flight time..very joyful. I want to do what RolFPW did to make the body longer so I can easily see her nose direction when her flying high.But this mod may be a disaster for me !!!!
fwing is offline Find More Posts by fwing
Old Jul 12, 2005, 11:44 AM
Paderborn, Europe
Joined Oct 2004
99 Posts
fwing, i did not made the body longer. I only removed a piece of the black tail pipe and the stabilizer holder and replaced the parts with a "piece" of a drinking straw (don't changed the dimensions). Motive for doing that was only weight saving at the tail .
Rolf
Old Jul 12, 2005, 01:32 PM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
Argh, I have discovered this thread to late, even though I used the search before.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392310
Is it possible to delete it and paste it here?

For the time beeing, check out the Video and the weight of the components etc.

It flies real well, and I do not have a decent scale to weigh it either... But i did my best
And http://wap.cc/microufo/Bild6.jpg will give me a lough or two as soon as i replaced the broken part.

Anyone thinking of building something new? (Depron/Styro Delta for example)

I also have another 10+ minutes video with some pretty bad recordings, flying crazzily on a playground and in the dark with lights taped to the x-twins... But due to the fact its uncut and rather large I'dd rather not post it.
schorhr is offline Find More Posts by schorhr
Old Jul 12, 2005, 01:46 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,041 Posts
has anyone been able to find these planes for sale in the USA? i'd like to get one, but most of the sites that have it are in german

nick
micro_builder is online now Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Jul 12, 2005, 03:49 PM
Paderborn, Europe
Joined Oct 2004
99 Posts
Ready for take off
Rolf
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:06 PM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
Cool, what are they made of? Weight?
schorhr is offline Find More Posts by schorhr
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:07 PM
Netherlands
Joined Jan 2005
107 Posts
Rolf,

Looking great, nice mod. What does it weight now?
If you go on modding the plane like this u got a completly new plane by the time we get to page 4 of this thread

Mark.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:16 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder
has anyone been able to find these planes for sale in the USA? i'd like to get one, but most of the sites that have it are in german

nick
try TOYS-R-US
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:19 PM
Netherlands
Joined Jan 2005
107 Posts
At Toys-R-us is where i found the single wing version, the bipe is from a local toy store but more stores seem to carry them now.

Try to write a e-mail to silverlit, maybe they can tell u if/when and where it will be released/available in the us.

Mark.