SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2001, 04:12 AM
RC Addict
Central Coast, Australia
Joined Jan 2001
1,025 Posts
who's tried this in the living room??

Hey guys, just thought I'd share this with you. It's windy and cold in sydney tonight so I decided to see if my mini ifo was realyy an "Indoor" plane. Well yep it is. I found myself doing round circles in my upstares living room. Space was approx about 12ft by 12ft.. I think, anyway it wasn't exactll big. The next challenge, to do what the guy in the video does on the ifo site, circles that are inverted..
Anyway just thought I Would share that as I'm waiting for my pack to recharge..

Jeremy..
Jeremy_D is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy_D
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2001, 05:51 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,705 Posts
Not in my living room (too many obstacles), but I have flown in the meeting room that my IC club use on Friday nights. Even managed to loop and roll it (narrow room, so the rolls were hard to do without veering off slightly to one side and hitting a wall!).

Inverted is easy, mine just needs a little more power than upright (the wing can't lift into a cambered section due to the fuselage rod). But slow, tight circles and figure 8s are no problem ... apart from when I hit my own TX aerial
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Jun 13, 2001, 07:21 AM
Camberley, Surrey, England
Joined May 2001
147 Posts
what I like to see, a pair of nutters!
Now if I move the TV, stereo and light fiiting, I think I might just give it a go, do you think I will get my electro-streak to do a few circuits in a 18 foot by 10 foot living room?
Paul15 is offline Find More Posts by Paul15
Old Jun 13, 2001, 07:38 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,705 Posts
Make sure you get someone to video it when you try
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Jun 13, 2001, 04:54 PM
RC Addict
Central Coast, Australia
Joined Jan 2001
1,025 Posts
You know what the funny thing is.. My dad thought it was great, he even helped to clear some of mums stuff off the table to use as a runway, unfortunately mum didn't share the same enthusiasum as we did of flying inside the house
I think I'll borrow someones video cam and get the next time on record.

Jeremy..
Jeremy_D is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy_D