SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 12, 2005, 10:47 PM
Curse you Red Baron!
North & East of Sacramento California
Joined Apr 2004
567 Posts
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #20, The plane that gives so much and ask so little!

Hello And Welcome To Thread 20.

On this thread we celebrate the little Elapor plane that has given so much enjoyment for it's cost and yet requires so little in the way of maintenance.

It has been a topic of much for modification, hopping it up, an aerial photography platform.

If you still do not have an Easy Star, get one and you will see why it is such a loved airplane. Perfect for those wanting to start and not sure of which way to begin. And wonderful for those 'seasoned' pilots who just want a plane to enjoy a fun but EZ (Easy) flight.

Here is the link to part 19, Multiplex Easy Star Thread #19, Loved and respected by Beginners and Seasoned Flyers
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367080

This forum is for those who love there Easy Star (EZ) and have made many modifications to it.

From time to time you will see other "off topic" items come up. That is because this forum has become like a large family.

So come and join in on the fun.

Welcome to the family, the family of EZ owners.

Brandie
Grassy Knoll is offline Find More Posts by Grassy Knoll
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2005, 11:33 PM
3 Blades to the Wind
Atascadero, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
4,085 Posts
I couldn't even get a 7 cell AAA 850 pack to power a J-250 at WOT. I have no idea how you guys are going to get one (even if 1150mah) to power a speed 400 class motor.
Shaun Hendricks is offline Find More Posts by Shaun Hendricks
Old Jun 12, 2005, 11:47 PM
Australia, NSW, Katoomba
Joined May 2002
5,433 Posts
Oldpilot logging in to the NEW thread.

Over and Out. Paddy.
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot
Old Jun 12, 2005, 11:49 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,761 Posts
That has been solved in the old thread. Delete AAA, put 2/3A.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:24 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Thanks Brandie.

Anyone who has used a gearbox on the Easy Star, please post your experience and equipment. Thank you, tt, signing on and now off, good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Jun 13, 2005, 02:23 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Roger that 2/3A, not AAA, my mistake. Thanks for squarin me away there Jurgin.

SSG Stahr
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:02 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,624 Posts
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Last edited by t-turley; Jun 13, 2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:50 AM
Does it come in Flouro??
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
706 Posts
Hey, what is the record for the greatest number of threads??

Surely we can break it!

Cheers

Numb Thumbs
Numb Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Numb Thumbs
Old Jun 13, 2005, 07:33 AM
No place like cloud base!
Joined Jan 2005
307 Posts
Checkin' in and laffin! Numb... if we haven't broken the record already, I bet we are real close!!

EZ* #2 arrived this weekend lookin all pretty in the box. Heh.. I'll fix that! After the wife did that amazingly precise spot landing with EZ #1, I've been going through withdrawals. Cant wait to get EZ2 together and up in the air. She's already been levitating in her box! Gonna build her stock again, so I can get the wife trained, and then I'm gonna start hoppin' her up and givin' her some MORE POWERRRRRR... ARRGGGHHHHH!!

Mike
cheymike is offline Find More Posts by cheymike
Old Jun 13, 2005, 09:45 AM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
I gave in and bought one- plan to wait till after I move to put it together. It'll be a trainer for my 7 year old, but I'd like to hop it up a bit for when *I* wanna play.
I'm guessing a 480 from a styker would throw off CG quite a bit, especially when using lipos- correct?
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:55 AM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Sylmar, CA
Joined Jan 2004
1,538 Posts
The Tiger Moth may have generated more threads. We may slow down once the Easy Glider and Twin Star II reach the States.
Solcat is offline Find More Posts by Solcat
Old Jun 13, 2005, 11:23 AM
Joined Feb 2005
19 Posts
With all the battery talk,I thought I would impart an interesting bit of info--I found an old cbp 8cell 2500MaH battery that I had put away,thinking it much to heavy for a stock ES [ it brings the ES AUW to over 300 G.],and tried it yesterday.What a surprise!!Not only did it fly great,but the xtra weight made it super-stable in 20-25 kph winds!As for flt time,by throttleing up only on upwind legs and decreasing throttle drastically on downwind legs,I was airborne for over 45 minutes with no thermals!! I had read somewere on an earlier thred that that much weight wud be prohibitive,but in my case I beg to differ.Think I have found a new everyday battery>Li-pos have there place for lightweight issues,but this one worked great.Anybody out there have a similar experience?
Don
skiwiz is offline Find More Posts by skiwiz
Old Jun 13, 2005, 04:50 PM
strawcuter
Winchester, KY
Joined Feb 2004
284 Posts
Just checking in to let all know I am still around and flying Easy Star # 2. Never have found EZ* #1. It's somewhere in the hinderlands of Kentucky.

Bob
strawcuter is offline Find More Posts by strawcuter
Old Jun 13, 2005, 09:01 PM
3 Blades to the Wind
Atascadero, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
4,085 Posts
strawcuter-

I've seen those hinderlands, and you will likely NEVER find it. About now, some 'coon family is tossing it about. Kid's goin' "Look y'all what I found!", probably using it as a glider to impress the squirrels.

I missed the battery correction, my bad!

I was going to take the EZ* on vacation with me and fly it in Yellowstone but didn't have the room for all the gear. Ah well, it rained constantly (or snowed) anyway. Now back to waiting for a windless day around these parts. Not easy to come across where I live.
Shaun Hendricks is offline Find More Posts by Shaun Hendricks
Old Jun 13, 2005, 09:39 PM
Australia, NSW, Katoomba
Joined May 2002
5,433 Posts
SHAUN. If you have lots of wind and some hills or cliffs you should fly the EZ*. It Slope Soars superbly.

Cheers. Paddy.
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot
Closed Thread