Originally Posted by Arthur P.
Doesn't sound like a very safe battery at the moment. I wouldn't use it in anything that discharges it at a fast rate. I-m not even sure I would use it in anything in this state. Storing it in a fireproof container and having a look again after a few days might be a better idea. My understanding is that gas formation with these things is indicative of internal overheating which is accompanied by chrystalisation and risk of internal bridging between cathode and anode. I.e. once maltreated they remain unstable and can short out and burn unexpectedly even with no external load.
I-m in the luxurious position of generally having 2 lipo's for every plane. So most likely I-d terminate it and not run any risk.
Thank You for the info. The battery is soaking in salt water right now for disposle in the morning.