SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 10, 2005, 08:01 PM
Century City, CA
Joined Jan 2004
246 Posts
Airplane Runoff, Composite ARF Impact or Synergy3D?

I am having some trouble placing my order with composite arf. They won't take (automatically process) my credit card for some reason. In the meantime, I noticed http://wingspro.com/ has the Synergy 3D 1/2 off.

It's a runoff between these models until Monday AM when I'll complete my order.
The Synergy 3D looks like a far better composite plane, what are the groups opinions?
Has anyone done an electric conversion on this model?

I'd appreciate any comments and thanks in advance!

Caleb
lebdog is offline Find More Posts by lebdog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2005, 10:24 AM
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Aug 2004
40 Posts
Lebdog,

What will be your primary style of flying with the airplane. I have not flown the Synergy. By it's name, I suspect it is more for 3D aerobatics. The Impact on the other hand is intended for precision aerpbatics (pattern). I have flown and have seen many Impacts in competition pattern. It is a very capable plane up thru F3A maneuvers. My vote would go for the Impact as I fly pattern mostly.

Steve
swk550 is offline Find More Posts by swk550
Old Jun 11, 2005, 05:21 PM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Nov 2001
2,820 Posts
The Synergy 3D is much more completly built than the Impact.
rcelectfly is offline Find More Posts by rcelectfly
Old Jun 12, 2005, 02:51 PM
Century City, CA
Joined Jan 2004
246 Posts
Both planes are a Synergy of F3A Pattern and 3D flight. Looking at the kits the only thing missing is an electric engine mount option for the Synergy. This is what I was hoping someone else has experience with. Please let me know if you do?
Old Jun 12, 2005, 03:11 PM
Century City, CA
Joined Jan 2004
246 Posts
Another thing worry about with the beautiful Synergy is the availability of replacement parts. The plane is 1/2 off because the rep is having trouble getting the planes, this doesn't make me feel very good about my access to parts. Because of this parts situation, I have completed the COMPOSITE ARF IMPACT order. My credit card finally went through. Only 2 phone calls from the bank reporting fraudulent activity from Hong Kong. I am a little excited now...

I will post an elaborate build for this model in this group later. Rather than picking up where Kelvin left off, I will create my own post for a clearer build.