HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2005, 12:26 PM
Firebreather
Napa, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
330 Posts
Snoopys flying doghouse build.

Just a quick update on my strange little build..

Some may recall I embarked on a project of cartoonish proportions last october, and decided to build Snoopy and his flying doghouse.

Well, things have been moving along rather slowly, but Ive recieved a lot of support from those who hang out in the IRC chat. Im now about 2 weeks from completion (well, 1 week, if I push it) .

I just thought id post some pictures in here, and let you all take a gander..

Its a custom Clark-Y type airfoil, made wholy flat-bottomed, powered by an O.S. .91 FS surpass II, target AUW is going to be 8.0-8.5 Lbs.

So, whaddya think?

-Jason
Mendnwngs is offline Find More Posts by Mendnwngs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2005, 04:46 PM
Fla.
Joined Apr 2005
952 Posts
NEAT but where is Snoopy?? Should knife edge good and loop tight. I used to fly a 4' disk with the Red Baron sitting on it and built a Moon Star but never finished it. They are neat for Airshows and crowd pleasers. Do you know where your CG is? That was a problem with mine but that was years ago.
Good Luck & ENJOY!!!!! RED
redh is offline Find More Posts by redh
Old Jun 10, 2005, 06:43 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,277 Posts
How cool, I'm glad that you're getting along with it. My niece loves Snoopy so I had to install him in my bipe, with a movable head and scarf of course.

One question, how do you keep the sides from collapsing? Does it get criss-cross flying wires between the doghouse sides?
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Last edited by GregG; Jun 10, 2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 07:43 PM
Firebreather
Napa, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
330 Posts
Itll get fly wires, and a couple 1/4" balsa stock bars to keep it rigid and straight.. Regardless, it probably wont take too kindly to any amount of rough landings.

Yeah, this plane is probably going to be a hangar queen, only come out for airshows and the like..

As far as snoopy, hes not made yet.. But there will be a 14" tall profile of him sitting atop the doghouse. As an aside, through familiy members, I have direct ties to the Schultz family, and Im going to trey and get a picture of my doghouse build signed by the eldest son.

Hope to be ready for engine break-in by next weekend.. Should be fun!!

-Jason
Mendnwngs is offline Find More Posts by Mendnwngs
Old Jun 11, 2005, 08:29 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendnwngs
....As far as snoopy, hes not made yet.. But there will be a 14" tall profile of him sitting atop the doghouse. As an aside, through familiy members, I have direct ties to the Schultz family, and Im going to trey and get a picture of my doghouse build signed by the eldest son. ....
Woah, that's one Big Dog!

Pretty cool, hope to see you and your plane in person one of these days.
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG