Old Oct 25, 2005, 03:29 AM
Sagacious flyer
Singapore
Joined Oct 2005
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Plawner
Hi Kelvin and good to see you on the Ezone

And yes, one of the nicest TS II so far !! Really good work !!!
Hey! Pat

Thanks for the compliments. BTW i have not been able to get this bird to ROG except hand launch so far. Not even when i tried running 3S1P 2100mAh lipo at 80% throttle drawing 24Amps. Find this really strange.

Is there anything that i did not do right? As i mentioned, i might want to try using other prop size to see the effect.

Do you have any views on using 3 blade props? I am thinking of trying.
CoolMX is offline Find More Posts by CoolMX
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2005, 05:43 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMX
BTW i have not been able to get this bird to ROG
In what way? Does it simply not reach flying speed? What surface is this on? Are the wheels out of alignment, or binding? Are your wheels a long way forward of the CG (hard to tell in the pics), which would make it hard to raise the tail?

My trike gear TS1 would ROG from soccer pitch grass with direct drive S400s and 8 cells, but acceleration was fairly slow.
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 25, 2005, 07:03 AM
Sagacious flyer
Singapore
Joined Oct 2005
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
In what way?
My trike gear TS1 would ROG from soccer pitch grass with direct drive S400s and 8 cells, but acceleration was fairly slow.
Hmmm, i will give it a try again this weekend to check out the details, will provide more details after this weekend. Thanks for all the pointers to look out for.

Cheers
Kelvin
Old Oct 28, 2005, 02:09 AM
Joined Oct 2005
6 Posts
A hobby store in Madrid has recommended the following battery for the TS II:

BP4600 7,4 (2S) 38x38x105 mm 235 gr. price: 87,50 Euro

They explained that they call it 4600 but the pack contains two 2300mAh cells in parallel “internally”. I am not sure if I have understood what they mean with internally, is it an ordinary 2300 2S2P?

Do you think its too wide for the battery compartment? Would it be possible to widen the compartment with some millimetres?
Madrid is offline Find More Posts by Madrid
Old Oct 28, 2005, 07:18 AM
Irvine, Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
636 Posts
[QUOTE=Madrid]A hobby store in Madrid has recommended the following battery for the TS II:

BP4600 7,4 (2S) 38x38x105 mm 235 gr. price: 87,50 Euro

They explained that they call it 4600 but the pack contains two 2300mAh cells in parallel “internally”. I am not sure if I have understood what they mean with internally, is it an ordinary 2300 2S2P?

Do you think its too wide for the battery compartment? Would it be possible to widen the compartment with some millimetres?[/QUOTE

The width of the battery compartment is 28mm. It should be fairly easy to remove the 5mm per side if this is done before joining the two halves.

Tony
ModelTony is offline Find More Posts by ModelTony
Old Oct 28, 2005, 09:51 AM
Turkey
Joined Oct 2005
170 Posts
Hello, or to buy the the least expensive twinstar II with batery, variator, receptor in 40mhz?

thank you
boolat is offline Find More Posts by boolat
Old Oct 29, 2005, 02:21 PM
Giampiero - Italy
Rome/Taranto - Italy
Joined Aug 2005
81 Posts
Quote:
Wow.............What a great place to discuss about the Multiplex TwinStar II.

I am currently flying the original Speed400 6V motor using the original 5030 prop on 1900Mah Lipo 2S2P draining 24amps at full throttle. And it flies really very well, except when climbing altitude during launch. Once it foes up in the air, it flies extremely well doing flips, rolls, inverted, spiral etc.....

Instead of changing motors, i would like to fly the bird with other props, and the props i have in mind are;

1) 5 x 4
2) 5 x 4.5
3) 6 x 4

am even thinking of using 2 x 3 blade propellers, i wonder how the huge plane would react with 3 blades propellers ;-) Can anyone advise if they have tried 3 blade propellers?

Attached is my TwinStar II.

Cheers
Kelvin

I fly my TS2 on Speed 400 7,2V - 11,1V 2100 LiPo Battery - Jeti 45 ESC.

I tried some props:

5x4 : the white stock GUNTHER prop (4,9 x 4,3)
Good in almost all case ... but they break easily (and start the big noise). I use them ... but I search some more trust.

6 x 4: the red GUNTHER prop (5,9 x 4,3). too much trust .... also at low RPM ... a lot of amperes and very hot motors. Used just one time at very low RPM and battery discharged very quick.

5,5 x 4,5 : by APC; a great delusion ! Absolutely not enough trust. Tried one time and wasnt able to launch (just go down after launch at max RPM).

Next attempt:
Graupner Speed Cam 5,5 x 5,5

and then:
Speed 480 7,2 V and CAM SPEED 6 x 3

Lets see !

Ciao
uccio.it is offline Find More Posts by uccio.it
Old Oct 29, 2005, 02:31 PM
Giampiero - Italy
Rome/Taranto - Italy
Joined Aug 2005
81 Posts
Wireless Camera on my TS 2

Just some fun ... with a wireless cam on my TS2.

VIDEO (10 Mb)

CIAO
uccio.it is offline Find More Posts by uccio.it
Old Oct 29, 2005, 07:03 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,156 Posts
That should be interesting. (the video)

Wonder if anyone has tried the carbon zagi 5X5 props?

http://www.zagi.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=114

There is a propellor test at Bumpy Green, they recommend the Windsor: 6 x 3.5 (similar to Master Airscrew) and the Kavan 6X4 yellow bendy prop.

here is the link, you have to search for "prop study" then go down the results page to "Bumpy Green Model Aerodrome: Speed 400 Prop Study" and click. tt

http://www.bumpygreen.co.uk/index.htm
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 30, 2005, 08:09 AM
Turkey
Joined Oct 2005
170 Posts
I would like to buy the electric complete one for the twin star II! what a store has advise me!

or complete combo with plane and electric!

thank you
Old Oct 30, 2005, 11:07 AM
Irvine, Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolat
I would like to buy the electric complete one for the twin star II! what a store has advise me!

or complete combo with plane and electric!

thank you
What country are you in? 40MHz is unusual for a flying models.

Tony
ModelTony is offline Find More Posts by ModelTony
Old Oct 30, 2005, 05:34 PM
Turkey
Joined Oct 2005
170 Posts
belgium !
Old Oct 30, 2005, 09:03 PM
Sagacious flyer
Singapore
Joined Oct 2005
71 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm, i will give it a try again this weekend to check out the details, will provide more details after this weekend. Thanks for all the pointers to look out for.

Cheers
Kelvin
Okie dokie, this is what i have tried over the weekend.

1) Tried using GWS direct drive 5 x 4.3 prop, current drain is 24.5Amps lots of speed but not enough trust. The bird was climbing with difficulty.
2) Tried using GWS gear drive 6 x 5 prop, curent drain is 26Amps, lots of trust. The bird was climbing well enough.
3) tried using GWS direct drive 6 x 3 prop, current drain is 25Amps. Not enough trust, but the bird is flying as good as the standard prop that comes with the plane.

NOTE: i am currently still flying with Speed 400 6V. Not sure if i should change to 480 7.2 as the later can only provide alot of trust and torque but not speed.

Maybe i will change to Motor Max 400F brushless outrunner to try hee hee.....

Will continue to explore and update all again if i am able to find the best prop for the original speed 400 6V motor.

Cheers
Old Oct 30, 2005, 09:06 PM
Sagacious flyer
Singapore
Joined Oct 2005
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTony
What country are you in? 40MHz is unusual for a flying models.

Tony
Hi Tony

We uses 40Mhz band in Singapore as well.

Cheers
Kelvin ;-P
Old Oct 31, 2005, 01:52 AM
Sagacious flyer
Singapore
Joined Oct 2005
71 Posts
Dear TwinStar II owners,

I just got myself an APC 5 x 5 direct drive prop. Again i will try it this coming weekend and provide my findings after that.

Cheers
Kelvin