HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2005, 02:08 PM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
Hi all

I got the old (grey) twinstar and i wondered if anyone knows if the motormount that follows the TSII will fit in the old one? It would be great if that fits since switching motors would be a lot easier. I would appreciate any answer on this before I order those motormounts.
iceman3 is offline Find More Posts by iceman3
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2005, 05:16 PM
Space Cowboy
Flagler Beach, FL
Joined Aug 2004
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
double check the spelling; and use wisely. GREAT STUFF.

LarryR
Heineken is from the Netherlands, I think.
German beer?
Beck's is probably most in the states. At least their dark brew.
Warsteiner sells more worldwide, I believe.
Augustiner has pleased my palate on more than one occasion.
Hofbrau Munich bring back fond memories.

Best German beer? Maybe it's the one you just opened!

Just my opinion,
Peter
omba is offline Find More Posts by omba
Old Oct 06, 2005, 06:04 PM
Does it come in Flouro??
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
726 Posts
Sounds like a wealth of experience in this area there, Omba!

How is your knowledge of the DownUnder product! We may have to declare you and Honourary Aussie!

Cheers (so to speak...)

Numb Thumbs
Numb Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Numb Thumbs
Old Oct 06, 2005, 06:14 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
heh... mmmm.... beer!
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Oct 06, 2005, 06:29 PM
elaporaholic
Staffordshire, England
Joined Aug 2004
230 Posts
Duff is the best.......ask Homer
Sooty100 is offline Find More Posts by Sooty100
Old Oct 06, 2005, 06:35 PM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Sylmar, CA
Joined Jan 2004
1,538 Posts
Well it better say Oktoberfest on it.
Solcat is offline Find More Posts by Solcat
Old Oct 06, 2005, 07:29 PM
Cumbria, UK
Joined Oct 2005
3 Posts
TSII - Seaplane conversion anyone?

Hi All. I've built my TwinstarII & am now in love with Elapor - it's going to be hard going back to building anything out of styofoam again!
Having seen a video clip somewhere in this forum of a neat seaplane conversion to a Multiplex Cargo I was tempted to do the same..... BUT it's just occurred to me that the TSII has potential to be a flying boat - Catalina style ? Has anyone already done this or considered it?
TimUK is offline Find More Posts by TimUK
Old Oct 06, 2005, 11:35 PM
Illinois
Joined May 2005
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnasrep000
I highly recommend any of our friends out there with T Star II's that have yet to put it through it's aerobatic paces to drink a few BEERS and go fly.

I'm wondering, what good German ale or brew would anyone recommend? (In honor of the TS II's German roots)
Looks like you got everyone on their favorite topic... BEER!

Quote:
SC 1900's Sanyo 7 cell. Cheapest they had at Tower that could handle the amperage draw.
You have to check out www.cheapbatterypacks.com . You can have them assemble a custom battery pack that is: 8 cell, NiMH, CPB (their brand) 3300mAh, SC, with Deans connectors for $32 - less than the cost of the Tower 1900mAh 7 cell NiCd! Weight is 2oz more (one more cell) but almost twice the power!

Quote:
Anyone know how to time those Permax's? for reverse rotation? Like a step by step with pics?
Take a look at the Easy Star thread #21, message #119 here. Nice description and pictures.
PyroKerry is offline Find More Posts by PyroKerry
Old Oct 07, 2005, 12:47 AM
Did you get the memo?
West LA, CA
Joined Jan 2005
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroKerry
You have to check out www.cheapbatterypacks.com . You can have them assemble a custom battery pack that is: 8 cell, NiMH, CPB (their brand) 3300mAh, SC, with Deans connectors for $32 - less than the cost of the Tower 1900mAh 7 cell NiCd! Weight is 2oz more (one more cell) but almost twice the power!
What gauge wire? I'm guessing 16, and what is the best battery config for the TSII?
BillLumberg is offline Find More Posts by BillLumberg
Old Oct 07, 2005, 02:25 AM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
I have some left overs from a twin jet that you might be interested in.--
3 10 cell packs of cp1700 cells, Permax 480 motors,
Sun 40 amp ESC.

PM me if interested.
Eric
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Oct 07, 2005, 04:15 AM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
Hi all

Any comment on my post number 811 in this thread?
iceman3 is offline Find More Posts by iceman3
Old Oct 07, 2005, 07:18 AM
elaporaholic
Staffordshire, England
Joined Aug 2004
230 Posts
iceman,

I no longer have my TS1 as a direct comparsion but I seem to remember the 400 cans were a tight fit to the foam nacels, is this right?
On the TS2 the nacel walls are thinner. There is approx 6mm gap between each side of the 400 can and the outside edge of the mount (inside edges of the nacel wall). Height and length of the mount won't be a problem.
Hope this helps Sooty
Sooty100 is offline Find More Posts by Sooty100
Old Oct 07, 2005, 08:05 AM
Does it come in Flouro??
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
726 Posts
Back from the flying field after managing a few hours flying the TS II, TwinJet and EasyGlider. What a fantastic triplet of planes they are!

The wind picked up and the TS II almost hovered, gliding, into the wind. Under WOT the climb was near enough to vertical - the two outrunners work a treat!

Full power tight loops do seem to bend the wings a bit - I think I better tape the underside to make sure they don't clap when Loopy gives them a thrashing!

Cheers

Numb Thumbs
Numb Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Numb Thumbs
Old Oct 07, 2005, 08:29 AM
Space Cowboy
Flagler Beach, FL
Joined Aug 2004
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs
Back from the flying field after managing a few hours flying the TS II, TwinJet and EasyGlider. What a fantastic triplet of planes they are!
Numb Thumbs,
Just curious here ... in that much wind how would you rank the Elapor Three in terms of "flyability?" Which handled winds best/worst?
Know what I mean?

Later,
Peter
omba is offline Find More Posts by omba
Old Oct 07, 2005, 11:54 AM
Illinois
Joined May 2005
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLumberg
What gauge wire? I'm guessing 16, and what is the best battery config for the TSII?
Yes, it's 16ga wire. Using the stock motor, most people are using about what the manual recommends, an 8 cell ~ 3300mAh NiMH pack using sub-C batteries. Others have gone with a 2S LiPo. Numb Thimbs and I (among others) are using outrunner motors with 3S LiPo packs. I think everyone has stuck with the flat pack configuration (or two wide stick, same size) with their NiMH because of the size of the TS2 flight gear bay. It's very long, over 9", but barely over 1" wide.
PyroKerry is offline Find More Posts by PyroKerry