HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:57 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck
Hi guys,, what about this setup for the MJ,, Mega 16/7/8, APC E 6x4 ,, 25 amp esc and 1300mah lipo 3 cell 15 C,,,,or 1500 mah 3 Cell,,,
thanks
As you might know, I use this setup for my Ikarus SU27XXL, except for a smaller battery (3s1p KOKAM 740H) and a smaller BEC. The MEGA 16/7/8 is for 10A max. only. A 25A ESC and a 1300-1500 battery is overkill for this motor.

Recommend to use a smaller battery and a smaller ESC and use a CAM 4.7x4.7" for higher pitch speed.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is online now Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:03 PM
Got shenpa?
Los Angeles
Joined May 2004
10,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyaneze
AUW = just shy of 12 ounces
<snip>
After what seems like forever the plane builds up enough speed and starts to respond.
<snip>
When I slow down it gets mushy and the controls don't respond as much, turns are way wider and its much much harder to pull up.
Most of the MJ's I've seen fly like this: hard to launch, and will not slow down.

I've seen one MJ that is a pleasure to fly. That one has an AUW of 9 oz. Power is from an Astro 010 and a small 3S lipo pack. That MJ is easy to launch, flies well without having to move fast the entire time, and is easy to land.

It's been a while and I no longer if that 010 was direct-drive or geared, nor what the battery capacity was. I think I posted on this plane much earlier in this thread, when the information was still fresh in my mind.

Hobby People has the RR (receiver ready) version of the MJ on sale at $65 right now. If you intend to use the stock (heavy and inefficient) powerplant, that's a very decent price: it includes the motor, two servos, speed control, and, I think, the propeller. Just add receiver and batteries.

-Flieslikeabeagle
flieslikeabeagle is offline Find More Posts by flieslikeabeagle
Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:07 PM
gainesville FL
Joined Jan 2002
1,392 Posts
oh one more thing...
this was kinda fun, some greedy blackbirds saw me flying in circles and came rushing over to the park to join me....perhaps thinking my plane was a bird that had found something tasty...they joined me in the pattern for a bit and seemed puzzled...don't think they had ever seen an rc plane before....they were all probably thinking why in the world is this idiot bird circling our feeding spot when there is obviously no food down there?

It was fun flying with the masters....we always wish we could join them...its really neat when they just spontaneously hang out with us.
guyaneze is offline Find More Posts by guyaneze
Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:06 AM
Athens Greece
Joined Aug 2004
129 Posts
MPX MicroJet will be always one of my favorite planes.

I’ve try it with various setups and each one have a different pleasant.

Now I have it as EDF with 500W power. He, he, he.
antomo is offline Find More Posts by antomo
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:32 AM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flieslikeabeagl
It's been a while and I no longer if that 010 was direct-drive or geared, nor what the battery capacity was.
Not the one you're thinking of, but my lightweight 010-powered Microjet with landing gear was easy to "launch" and flew quite well at all speeds...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374462

Larry
sheerLuck is offline Find More Posts by sheerLuck
Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:38 PM
clever phrase here
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2002
2,850 Posts
antomo,

500 watts! need more info please.
Foam Crazy is offline Find More Posts by Foam Crazy
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:40 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
797 Posts
Im dead

Wow! Jurguen a 25 amp esc and my battery setup overkill the motor?,, no No, i just bougth it from my int LHS, mein god!!!So it seems my little plane will stand off for a while,,,,,how BL-8 and lipo 700mah,,,,,
please help!!!
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
Last edited by Arck; Mar 20, 2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:28 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck
Wow! Jurguen a 25 amp esc and my battery setup overkill the motor?,, no No, i just bougth it from my int LHS, mein god!!!So it seems my little plane will stand off for a while,,,,,how BL-8 and lipo 700mah,,,,,
please help!!!
A cheap CC TB 18 is more than enough for the MEGA and a battery which can provide 13-14A continuous will be fine.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is online now Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:29 AM
Athens Greece
Joined Aug 2004
129 Posts
500 Watts comes of a HET 3W in a WaMoTec with 4SP1 1800.
It is a very exciting model but the most fun and relaxing was one similar to the one discussed now.
DIY motor ~2200KV / 16Amps, Jeti 18, 3SP1 1200ma.
antomo is offline Find More Posts by antomo
Old Jun 07, 2006, 05:16 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
Has anyont noticed a performance gain just by sanding the Micro Jet smooth ?
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Jun 07, 2006, 06:24 PM
so i rewired it...
Mountain View CA USA
Joined Jun 2006
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Murray
Has anyont noticed a performance gain just by sanding the Micro Jet smooth ?
I read in another thread that someone claims that Multiplex claims that the little bumps were intentional to create some sort of thin air layer on the wing, but I really have no idea about that one. I sanded them off my Electric Easy Glider when I painted it.
xorbe is offline Find More Posts by xorbe
Old Jun 10, 2006, 02:34 PM
so i rewired it...
Mountain View CA USA
Joined Jun 2006
898 Posts
whoops wrong thread
xorbe is offline Find More Posts by xorbe
Last edited by xorbe; Jun 10, 2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old May 06, 2007, 11:32 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
It looks like Multiplex is not selling the MJ anymore. My LHS, horizon, and tower's are not selling them anymore as if last month. Dang it, i was just about to buy the RR MJ for $70, I guess they reduced the price to get rid of them. Any one know were I can still get them, I'm sher Multiplex still sells them on their website but i would like to buy it from someone else I have more experience with.
flyin C is offline Find More Posts by flyin C