HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2001, 04:21 PM
San Jose, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2001
3 Posts
Next step after GWS Pico J3-F

So here's the question I have for the group:
What is the next step for a flyer that has run out of fun things to do with the Pico J3-F? I'd like to get something with ailerons but keep the gear. I also want to stay in electrics.

The Sukhoi, Sporty EP, Crazy Sparrow, and Cap 231 all look like good choices. The problem is that no one around here (San Jose) seems to have flown them or can recommend them. The shops all say "time to go gas" but I like the fact that I can fly anytime, anywhere (except for the winds). I'd love to do more tricks (knife-edge, split-s, etc.) and have power to spare, but this doesn't seem to be possible in electrics, does it?

Suggestions would be great. I look forward to your responses.

- Lowviz
lowviz is offline Find More Posts by lowviz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2001, 04:49 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Why not try a Hitec Sky Scooter Pro? It's a nice step up & has ailerons, flies great with the Gearbox Mod & Slowflier Props.
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Jun 09, 2001, 04:58 PM
Columbia, MO USA
Joined Feb 2001
715 Posts
Try Todd's Tiny. www.toddsmodels.com
VWtechie is offline Find More Posts by VWtechie
Old Jun 09, 2001, 10:17 PM
mercer Island
Joined Apr 2001
120 Posts
how about a lil' hornet. it flies great and can do just about any aerobatics. plus it doesnt fly at about 35mph like some of the other planes you listed. it flies at about 10-20mph and can do all aerobatics. do a search. oh ya, it only costs 50buck, and thats with motor/gearbox/prop!!
cheapflyr is offline Find More Posts by cheapflyr
Old Jun 10, 2001, 03:25 AM
Flying slowly along..
Northern Ca.
Joined Dec 2000
1,336 Posts
I'm gonna come under fire here but.... Get yourself a Zagi 400X. It is the most indestructable plane on the planet. If you set the throws up small at first it's easier to fly. I must have crashed mine 30 times at least.. the only damage has been a cracked $5 battery tray.

If you'd like, I work in Hayward, we can hook up and you can fly mine.---Rob
slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by slowflyer