HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2005, 02:48 PM
Professional Tinkerer
Bloomington Monroe Cty, Indiana, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,285 Posts
Carbon XRB Fast Forward Flight Video

This will give you an idea of how fast this thing is with the carbon airframe and carbon swash . Sorry for the quality I was trying to gey it to fit on my web page. Just click the link marked Carbon Swash Video

www.rickyblazerc.com

Rick
rickyblaze is offline Find More Posts by rickyblaze
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2005, 02:53 PM
Got toys?
pearl city, hi
Joined Feb 2005
714 Posts
made a believer outa me! totally different heli--and the multiple landings on your head was a nice touch. lol.

my project for this morning is to replace all 4 blades on my xrb...landed in the top of a tree...two b blades fluttered down with the fuse...the two a blades are still somewhere up there.

-ken
kenhiraihnl is offline Find More Posts by kenhiraihnl
Last edited by kenhiraihnl; Jun 03, 2005 at 02:55 PM. Reason: afterthought
Old Jun 03, 2005, 03:01 PM
Professional Tinkerer
Joined Jul 2003
1,285 Posts
I forgot to mention this was with the blades laminated in Extreme strapping tape. Also special thanks to camera man Rob Sears .

As far as the head bumps it was just one of those silly things you do when your getting videoed. To all the young pilots at home watching this DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY STUPID ACTS YOU SEE IN THE VIDEO had to do that

Also when I lost visual orientation by the trees (need a canopy) the blades nicked against the tree and you could hear it

Rick
Old Jun 03, 2005, 03:26 PM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
...and kids don't go tracking your blades like this nutter...

ahem!! Moving rapidly on...

Nice vid. very steep nose forward for an xrb. Impressive.
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Last edited by tikaboo; Jun 03, 2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2005, 04:53 PM
Joined Apr 2005
44 Posts
Speedy

Rick, very very nice.
Way faster than mine, however I've added some lights so I am a bit heavier.
I'll try to post some video of "night flight", but will be hard pressed to get that much ff speed.
Nice going!!!
Matt
heligood is offline Find More Posts by heligood
Old Jun 03, 2005, 05:49 PM
---------Speed!!---------
Illinois
Joined Jul 2003
6,134 Posts
Glad to see you have the FFF figured out. There is sort of a technique to it. You don't just fly forward. You have to smack forward cyclic and then inmmediately feed throttle. If this is done correctly with laminated blades, the XRB really shines!

Oh, it is even faster with carbon blades. I am at a standstill trying to get the last bit of efficience out of the blades. I think I will ship out a set to Rick to try out.

Matt..........
Heli Mod Man is offline Find More Posts by Heli Mod Man
Old Jun 03, 2005, 06:32 PM
Professional Tinkerer
Joined Jul 2003
1,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaboo
...and kids don't go tracking your blades like this nutter...

ahem!! Moving rapidly on...

Nice vid. very steep nose forward for an xrb. Impressive.

Looks like one heck of a way to trim your eyebrows

Matt,looking forward to trying the new blades Thanks
Old Jun 03, 2005, 06:59 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Mmmmm, that's almost enough to get me to send Matt another small wad 'o money.
Almost.

Only thing stopping me is this Corona sitting here waiting patiently for some upgrade goodness. And some silly rumor about an improved BL indoor helo. And cash. Always the cash.

I guess that's three things though. Oh well, I'll just have to live vicariously through Rick for just a little longer.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Old Jun 03, 2005, 08:06 PM
Illinois
Joined Jul 2003
6,134 Posts
I am hoping to see Rick get his hands on a set of the new blades soon. I want an outside opinion on them. Plus, I have yet to try them on a healthy XRB (my motors are worn out).

Matt...........
Old Jun 03, 2005, 08:39 PM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,191 Posts
Paging Matt

PLEASE ANSWER MY EMAIL.
The Terminator...AKA Alan
Terminator is offline Find More Posts by Terminator
Old Jun 03, 2005, 09:21 PM
Illinois
Joined Jul 2003
6,134 Posts
Paging Alan,

My email was returned as undeliverable. Geeze, Dude. I can only do so much.

I sent your check. I have tried repeatedly to email you (return your email). I keep getting "Undeliverable" messages.

Here is one returen message cut and pasted;

When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at owc.net encountered
problems with the following addresses.

If you feel this message was sent in error please contact Other World Internet Support.

For <>, Site adelphia.net (68.168.78.104) said data: 550 You are not allowed to send mail. Please refer to www.spamhaus.org, dsbl.org and njabl.org for more information.

I am doing the best I can.

Matt.........
Last edited by Heli Mod Man; Jun 03, 2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2005, 09:21 PM
Helena, MT
Joined Feb 2003
2,916 Posts
I can't believe that is the same XRB! Pretty compelling.
LTChip is offline Find More Posts by LTChip
Old Jun 03, 2005, 10:47 PM
Illinois
Joined Jul 2003
6,134 Posts
Rick,

I appologize for hijacking this thread, But, I have to explain something, here.

Terminator placed an order with me for a frame and swashplate. He paid by check. I got an email from him while out of state asking about the status of his order. I was out of state and had no way to check on it due to the fact that it was not ordered through paypal (I can look into any paypal order from a remote terminal, but not orders paid by check). I did my best to try to figure out what the deal was with his order. But, I was unable to work it out untill I got back in town. This is partly due to the fact that I got another order from another man with the same name that week along with his. When I got back in town, I found out the order did ship. But, I think my daughter may have misaddressed the boxor something. Anyway, by then, he asked for a refund. No problem. I appologized and I sent him a check (he probably will recieve it tomorrow or Monday). I tried emailing him to tell him I mailed the check and his email bounced back to me. So, after all this, he posts (frustrated) that I haven't emailed him back. That is why I posted the bounced email notice. But, he is upset that I did that because his email address was in the bounce link. So, I deleted the bounce link from my previous email.

The reason for this post is not to knock Terminator in any way. In fact, I told him I would be just as frustrated. This post is merely to share what is going on so I don't get innundated with PMs wanting to know the skinny on what is happening here.

He has asked me for an appology post here on the forum. I have appologized to him.

I shipped an order. It did not make it to him. I sent a refund. I emailed him about the refund, but the email didn't get to him. I posted proof of that fact here.

Again, I would be frustrated and annoyed too. However, there is nothing more I can do to resolve this. I have taken every step I can to make this right. This just seems to be one of those "When it rains, it pours" kind of things.

The RC community is a close knit community and I want to make sure no-one is dissatisfied with anything I make or with the transaction itself.

Matt.........
Old Jun 03, 2005, 11:00 PM
Professional Tinkerer
Joined Jul 2003
1,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTChip
I can't believe that is the same XRB! Pretty compelling.
That's with a lighter but less powerful battery. The 900mah I have now are even faster !! If you put the battery a little forward CG it really takes off. Before it was good for about 15-20 feet before ballooning upward. Since changing to the Carbon airframe and swash it rockets for at triple that or more. In the video you'll notice there's a street dead ahead of the flight path, I was intentionally slowing it down before I got too far into the street. There was a little breeze coming from behind us so the return flight was a little slower. I work again on sunday and I'm going to shoot a video to show how far it will go in fast forward mode before ballooning as long as I can keep it oreintated for a smooth turn and flight back. With no caonpy for visual confirmation to the front it kinda hard sometimes to tell which way I'm going. I'll have that remedied soon

Rick
Old Jun 03, 2005, 11:05 PM
Professional Tinkerer
Joined Jul 2003
1,285 Posts
Alan,

From my experience's with Matt you'll be be taken care of so don't worry. If it anything seems out of sort it's coincidental to say the least and I'm sure Matt will make it right. Chill

Rick