New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2010, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by jbettinelli
replacement guy
Barrie
Joined Jan 2007
28 Posts
I just finished mine, most of the way, my problem is the nacelle covers dont come down to meet the wings due to the servo arms being in place. I dont see any other way of placing them. The servo arm retainer clip comes in contact with the servo rod tube, so I am at full extent of forward travel, so to get full motion on the throttle arm, the servo pulls back into the nacelle cover.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe
jbettinelli is offline Find More Posts by jbettinelli
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2010, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by desmobob
Arc, spark and smoke...
upstate NY; Lake George region
Joined Mar 2006
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbettinelli View Post
I just finished mine, most of the way, my problem is the nacelle covers dont come down to meet the wings due to the servo arms being in place. I dont see any other way of placing them. The servo arm retainer clip comes in contact with the servo rod tube, so I am at full extent of forward travel, so to get full motion on the throttle arm, the servo pulls back into the nacelle cover.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe
If I remember correctly, I used Z bends on the servo end to eliminate the interference with the nacelle covers.

Good flying,
desmobob
desmobob is offline Find More Posts by desmobob
Old Mar 28, 2016, 08:26 AM
Find More Posts by cayrick
Joined Dec 2015
1 Posts
Caveat Emptor

I am in the middle of the Twinstar build have had a couple of issues with Hobbico's QC. None of the hex head cap screws were supplied. All screws supplied were Philips. In some cases attaching the motor mount to the nacelle was impossible since the 3/4" screws were a tad short. I had to use 1" screws that I had to dremel down to slightly longer than 3/4" and applied blue locktite.
Of serious concern was the fuel tank clunk and hose supplied with the model. Either the fuel hose is too rigid or the clunk too light but it was impossible to assemble so that the clunk would move freely up and down in the tank. I was concerned enough that I separately ordered a Dubro clunk and hose. I have built other nitro planes and never had this issue. The clunk neither touches the bottom of the tank or moves with the tank inverted. Without the freedom for the clunk to move up and down you can look forward to many dead stick landings with your spinchter muscles in lock down mode.
I alerted Hobbico to the first issue and they offered to send new screws which haven't arrived after a month but shows that Hobbico is not serious about quality control.
cayrick is offline Find More Posts by cayrick
Old May 24, 2016, 11:58 PM
Find More Posts by Eccentric
Nostalgic. Gearhead.
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Dec 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayrick View Post
I am in the middle of the Twinstar build have had a couple of issues with Hobbico's QC. None of the hex head cap screws were supplied. All screws supplied were Philips. In some cases attaching the motor mount to the nacelle was impossible since the 3/4" screws were a tad short. I had to use 1" screws that I had to dremel down to slightly longer than 3/4" and applied blue locktite.
Of serious concern was the fuel tank clunk and hose supplied with the model. Either the fuel hose is too rigid or the clunk too light but it was impossible to assemble so that the clunk would move freely up and down in the tank. I was concerned enough that I separately ordered a Dubro clunk and hose. I have built other nitro planes and never had this issue. The clunk neither touches the bottom of the tank or moves with the tank inverted. Without the freedom for the clunk to move up and down you can look forward to many dead stick landings with your spinchter muscles in lock down mode.
I alerted Hobbico to the first issue and they offered to send new screws which haven't arrived after a month but shows that Hobbico is not serious about quality control.
Where did you purchase your Twinstar? I can't find it in stock anywhere, and the Hobbico website shows it as "unavailable". Tower shows it as discontinued, and RC Planet shows it as back ordered...

http://www.hobbico.com/airplanes/hcaa2076.php

There's now a Great Planes electric version (Twinstar EP ARF). Smaller, and set up for electric of course.

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1609.html
Eccentric is online now Find More Posts by Eccentric