HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2008, 05:25 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Jul 2007
800 Posts
tank in the fuselage? common conection to both outside tanks? change the throttle servos to micro?
nitroshark is offline Find More Posts by nitroshark
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2008, 06:33 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2005
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroshark
tank in the fuselage? common conection to both outside tanks? change the throttle servos to micro?
I thought about that too, but was trying not to get things over complicated... but I'm still thinking about it... Thanks!
IronKnees is offline Find More Posts by IronKnees
Old May 06, 2008, 04:35 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2 Posts
hello, i just bought a twinstar, my choice is a .25 os la or a .25 os fx, what would be the better choice and what kinda run time am i looking at?
thanks
JD
jrodri4566 is offline Find More Posts by jrodri4566
Old May 29, 2008, 08:27 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2005
215 Posts
I've got my engines tuned and run in a bit... They seem ready to go, and I plan on flying my TwinStar for the first time tomorrow if the weather will allow... What should I expect as far as slowing for landing with both engines running? (If one quits, I'll eigher idle or shut down the other) Had trouble with both engines getting them set up, but when I removed the glow plugs that came with the Super Tiger engines and put in OS glow plugs, the engines came to life and are running great!

IronKnees is offline Find More Posts by IronKnees
Old May 29, 2008, 10:14 PM
Use The Force Jim
Las Cruces, NM USA
Joined Jul 2001
2,341 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it with the built in thrust angles. I was easily able to land safely with an engine out even in wind. Just keep the one still running at full throttle and bring 'er in on final.
Jim Walker is offline Find More Posts by Jim Walker
Old Oct 03, 2008, 10:04 AM
Joined Dec 2007
305 Posts
what is the measurement of the fuel tank compartment? i'm thinking about getting one but would do it up as an electric so need to know if my lipo's will fit in it.
tubamike78 is offline Find More Posts by tubamike78
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:18 AM
Flyboy
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
6 Posts
4 stroke engine in twinstar

Has anyone put 4 strokes in the twinstar yet. I was thinking of using two Magnum 30s. Like Saito's but they stopped making the 30 size. Would think the 4 strokes would also give a longer run time. Would also allow a little bigger prop with less pitch.
ghitt is offline Find More Posts by ghitt
Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:11 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
4,979 Posts
I was just flying my ETwinstar this morning with some new 20C 3-cell packs. What a difference. Much better performance than the 15C packs I used for the review. Now I really have unlimited vertical.
Mike McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Dec 04, 2008, 11:45 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,634 Posts
bump
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Jun 04, 2009, 09:21 PM
Your INVERTED!
United States, OK, Coweta
Joined Jul 2005
626 Posts
This should get a bump to the top for 2009! Twins are in!
w0ace is offline Find More Posts by w0ace
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2009, 11:50 AM
Joined Aug 2007
155 Posts
Hello guys

I recently bought this plane, it came with twin Saito FA-50 4-stroke engines. I wanted to know what the rear compartment (held with 4 screws) does on the bottom of the fuse behind where the wing mates to the fuse?

I took the 4 screws out, but the balsa panel wouldn't budge.

Thanks
napOfTheEarth is offline Find More Posts by napOfTheEarth
Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Ready for maiden
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Last edited by init4fun; Aug 15, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by napOfTheEarth View Post
Hello guys

I recently bought this plane, it came with twin Saito FA-50 4-stroke engines. I wanted to know what the rear compartment (held with 4 screws) does on the bottom of the fuse behind where the wing mates to the fuse?

I took the 4 screws out, but the balsa panel wouldn't budge.

Thanks
I know your question is now 3 months old but I can answer it . The area you describe is where I had to locate my receiver batterys for the plane to have proper CG. My plane has no hatch there so maybe it was added on yours by the builder ?
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 07, 2010, 07:24 PM
Burner!!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Jun 2005
1,054 Posts
It wasn't on mine either, but it's 16 years old now so they may have changed the design.

I've converted it to electric, added retracts and a hatch on top. I'll post some pics if there is any interest.
PlaneCrazee is offline Find More Posts by PlaneCrazee
Old Jan 07, 2010, 07:54 PM
Arc, spark and smoke...
upstate NY; Lake George region
Joined Mar 2006
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneCrazee View Post
It wasn't on mine either, but it's 16 years old now so they may have changed the design.

I've converted it to electric, added retracts and a hatch on top. I'll post some pics if there is any interest.
Sure! Let's see her!

Did you fully cowl the nacelles after going electric? I think that would be cool....

Good flying,
desmobob
desmobob is offline Find More Posts by desmobob