Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 03, 2005, 03:10 AM
If it ain't broke, fix it
Cambridge
Joined Aug 2004
433 Posts
to paint or not to paint

hello all. long time since i posted on here. long time since i done anything to my boat aswell. busy busy with work and with college.

anyways. i have my boat. and i started this thread as my other thread seems to have gone dead. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321354

so. on that it has small cracks on it from using the sealer. i think it probably soaked into the wood and contractedd causing the balsa to crack. but anyways.

would it be ok to just primer filler it, several coast then give the finishing coat and the sealing coat. or should i do something else first.
thething84 is offline Find More Posts by thething84
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2005, 03:04 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
Hi thething,

The best route is probably to repair the cracks using Bondo spot glazing putty, then sand the hull and fibreglass it. This will give you a strong waterproof hull.

Instead of creating new threads for questions relating to your Fast Attack Boat, why not post the question as a reply to the original post? That way its easier to follow your build all the way through, and keeps the original post 'alive'
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RGinCanada; Jun 03, 2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2005, 03:40 AM
If it ain't broke, fix it
Cambridge
Joined Aug 2004
433 Posts
i did. but before i found that i never got any answers. so i post new questions. and hey presto i get an answer. lol.

am i am now gonna fiber glass the boat. as i need to smooth the hull of a little and fill in a few imperfections.
thething84 is offline Find More Posts by thething84