> will give me high speed in my shrike,
> but that I can gear down to go in a small house of
> balsa .10 plane.
>
> You recommended the Mega 1615-3, can the castle
> creations 25 handle that
> motor?
>
I think that the shrike plan calls for mini servos, but is the Hitec Electron 6 Receiver compatible with mini servos?

> how do you know whether to use a gear box or use
> direct drive for a different plane?
>
> On the ezcalc, how do you know what to go for in
> terms of amps, watts, and
> effeciency, etc...
>
So many questions when starting out in electrics!

thanks so much for all your help..
sylentbob3 is offline Find More Posts by sylentbob3
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2005, 09:13 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,274 Posts
The 16/15/3 can be run with a CC25 IF you don't plan on using all of the power that this motor can put out. You'd be safer with a larger ESC.

The Hitec E6 RX is compatible with just about any servos. Be sure to match the type Tx and the Rx frequency shift.

The 16/15/3 can be used both direct drive and in a gearbox for your intended planes.

Gear boxes can be used in just about any airframe. It all depends on the motor and what size prop you need to use. The 1st thing one wants to do is match an airframe to a prop. Then the motor/battery to go behind it.

The maximum amps a motor will take is usually spelled out in a manufacturers specs. Depending on the efficiency, the higher the watts input, the higher the performance. 90% eff. is just about as high as it gets right now. Some of the brushed motors can be as low as 25%-50%!!!! Naturally the higher the eff., the less power that is lost into heating the air.
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jun 03, 2005, 09:17 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
A 16/15/2 would be better if you plan to gear it - and you would need a larger ESC..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W