SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 02, 2005, 12:39 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
We could really use your help part 6 - Ready for Flight!

We really could use some help. At Christmas I bought my son a $29.00 Air Hog R/C plane. Actually it really flew well. I really enjoy spending quality time with my 13 year old son. Since Christmas we went out about evry other day to a good sized soccer field to fly. But, I am afraid the Air Hog gave out and left us without a plane. So I got on Ebay an ordered a cheap Symrna Super Sonic RTF. Man have we had a bad luck with this plane. The first day the engines came off and a prop broke after my son crashed it. The side props dug into the sides of the fuselage and tore holes into it. The list goes on and on and on, until recently the right engine stopped working all together. So, we are basically back to where we were before Christmas. I spent allot of time repairing the plane, but by design I guess, it just never few right straight out of the box. My son and I got pretty good at flying and I've really miss those afternoons. My son has been saving and he has roughly 50.00 dollars. Can anyone please help me to find a good plane in this price range? We would really appreciate it.

Thanks Again,
J Jones

UPDATE:
Since this message was posted we have received nothing but kindness, and support from the members of RC. A member that goes by the name of Skroggs went out of his way, and actually bought us a new Pico ARF Cub and a SS with a broken tail that we have repaired.

Another member by the name of Stuart Linfoot offered a donation of parts to complete the new plane, and asked others to donate as well. Since that point we have had many other members offer their support.

I would like to take a moment to Thank everyone for the unbelieveable kindness and support that they have shown us. I would especially like to thank:

SKROGG
BirdBrain
SnoLord1
Stuart Linfoot
Diver Don
RCParkFlyer
Yukondog
HawkLover
Vanning
Lensrc
Heliguy
Per in Norway!
e-flightline.com
ndawdz
Fly_Boy
and a Special Thanks to JWarren the Moderator of this Thread..

for thier donations, time and help. Without the help from these people, and the input from so many others. This would have never been possible.

Thanks to everyone that has responded to this Thread. You are a remarkable group of people. It certainly has been proven to us that people really do still care. You are the greatest!

Thank You for everything,
James & Erik Jones

Please take a moment to read thru the Thread below. The individuals here have made a father and son's dream come true.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350042

This is a Continuation from a fantastic on going Thread called "We Really Could Use Your Help" Please read thru these incredible threads. It's a thread that will prove there are people that still care for family values, and friendships. My son and I will never forget what the people here have done for us. But, we still haven't flown yet, so We Could Really use Your help Please don't let this thread and the friendships fade away. We are so close.

Thank you for the great friends that we have made over the past 2 months. They are my brothers. and certainly a "Band of Angels!"

Thank you Very, Very much!,
James & Erik
Xwild is offline Find More Posts by Xwild
Last edited by Xwild; Nov 22, 2005 at 10:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2005, 12:43 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
The above post says it all. The people here have become like family to me, and my family. You all have helped us in so many ways, if I were to type each and every time that you all have helped in one way, or another I could fill this entire Thread. Either by giving advise, wishing us luck, donations, teaching us about every aspect of how to fly safely, and the most importantly, your friendship. My son and I are closer than we have ever been thanks to you. Nothing is more important to me than spending time with my son on those warm sunny afternoons. All of you have literally changed our lives, and for this we will forever be grateful

Thank You!
James & Erik
Last edited by Xwild; Jun 02, 2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old Jun 02, 2005, 12:47 PM
WAA pilot #21
Princeton NJ
Joined Dec 2003
3,166 Posts
Im in. Lemme know if that pkg comes today. Im heading to the PO now to see what i can find out.
M
Vanning is offline Find More Posts by Vanning
Old Jun 02, 2005, 01:23 PM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Chennai, India
Joined Dec 2003
1,214 Posts
Jwarren,..
windows media player 9 will work for windows 200..
well it works on my Os thats 98

I will work...

I guess i am a little paranoid about the Lipos but will get over it... now i will put the connectors VER VERy carfully

Thanks all...
Ashwin

PS JJ should get teh PICO stick or the J3cub stick fuse for yor son's BDAY (Is that not comming up soon?? )its like 10-12$.. and then You could ge this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...01#post3835965

You will have a full flying plane for 60$

Just my thoughts

-Ashwin
Spy king is offline Find More Posts by Spy king
Old Jun 02, 2005, 02:37 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanning
Im in. Lemme know if that pkg comes today. Im heading to the PO now to see what i can find out.
M
HEY Vanning Erik just emailed me and said it arrived today! That's Great news! I can't wait to see the pictures! Wooo If it ended up at someone elses house. they could of opened it, taken the artwork and sold it for like a million bucks... LOL Now that's a Joke! lol

Thank You Buddy we really appreciate it!!!
Old Jun 02, 2005, 04:30 PM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
<--------- FALLS OVER DEAD

He spelt my name right

I would especially like to thank:

SKROGG
BirdBrain
Angel
Stuart Linfoot
Diver Don
RCParkFlyer
Yukondog
HawkLover
Vanning
Lensrc
Heliguy
Per in Norway!
e-flightline.com
ndawdz
Fly_Boy
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Jun 02, 2005, 04:56 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCParkflyer
<--------- FALLS OVER DEAD

He spelt my name right

I would especially like to thank:

SKROGG
BirdBrain
Angel
Stuart Linfoot
Diver Don
RCParkFlyer
Yukondog
HawkLover
Vanning
Lensrc
Heliguy
Per in Norway!
e-flightline.com
ndawdz
Fly_Boy

Haha I'm really sorry about that, I remembered you telling me that I had mis-spelled your name awhile back but I think I mispelled it when I did the BOA plane. But I fixed that. I didn't realize I had it wrong on here, my apologies. You should of of said something buddy. I would of changed it sooner. haha
Last edited by Xwild; Jun 02, 2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old Jun 02, 2005, 05:12 PM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
I knew you'd find it eventully besides I just like being dramatic hahahaha
Old Jun 02, 2005, 05:12 PM
Callsign: CornDog
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
I took a while to pack everything up, but I'm here now!

That's so cool that Erik email you at work. I'd love to get email from my daughter!

JJ, here is a link to that blue foam plane I sent you. It may give you some information about the power system should you want to try to fly it again. Just page down to the section titled - Free Plans - it's the "3DX 3D Aerobatic Park Flyer" The have plans for a biplane also, but it doesn't fly as well.
HawkLover is offline Find More Posts by HawkLover
Old Jun 02, 2005, 05:13 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
Sound Barrier

Wow, this Thread has been viewed 26,168 times since it first started. I wish my images did that well :-)
Old Jun 02, 2005, 05:15 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
Look at our avitars ... they've been seen at least that many times!
Old Jun 02, 2005, 05:16 PM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkLover

That's so cool that Erik email you at work. I'd love to get email from my daughter!

JJ, here is a link to that blue foam plane I sent you. It may give you some information about the power system should you want to try to fly it again. Just page down to the section titled - Free Plans - it's the "3DX 3D Aerobatic Park Flyer" The have plans for a biplane also, but it doesn't fly as well.
He SHOULD BE building THIS BABY

http://foamyfactory.com/jets.htm

Now that's a plane
Watch the Video
Old Jun 02, 2005, 05:18 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
Sweet! I've always been a fan of the SU 27
Old Jun 02, 2005, 05:22 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkLover

Well I told him if the package arrived to email me. Otherwise he would get a butt whopp'in LOL haha Just kidding about the butt whoop'in part. He emails all the time though. Usually when he's done well on a test at school, or basically when he gets back a grade, on something that we struggled with for hours LOL I'm not allot of help I don't think, but two heads are better than one. If he gets a low grade on his homework, it's normally because I told him the wrong way to do it
Old Jun 02, 2005, 05:25 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCParkflyer
He SHOULD BE building THIS BABY

http://foamyfactory.com/jets.htm

Now that's a plane
Watch the Video
OH BUDDY THAT IS SWEET!!!!!! I'll check out the link whne I get home Hawk, it's time to go to tgo home!!
Closed Thread