Old Jun 03, 2005, 09:15 AM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor
You know I was just reading up on some of the other threads on the P-51 and a thought occured to me.....

Some people keep saying over and over and over again that the Tx's that come with PZ products are junk and that you don't need them since you already have your fancy "UBER-Radio".

You know.... what would happen to these people who have ALL thier models hooked up to ONE transmitter and it just so happened to fail? It seems as if they would not be able to fly ANYTHING! (all while us guys with "junk" equipment are having a ball)

I am not trying to be rude.... I am just saying that the phrase "better to have it and not need it.... than to need it and not have it" comes to mind when people say that it is pointless to have the PZ radio system. Even glass cockpit airliners with hundreds of thousand of dollars in the most cutting edge of instrumentation STILL require a good old fashioned turn coordinator and artificial horizon. (about the size of a pinball) That is considered "junk"..... but it still WORKS when everything else goes black.

I'll happily keep the extra Tx for use someday when my child is old enough to get into the hobby and needs something to bang around on.....or when my Gee-Whiz Radio conks out on the perfect day.

My 2 cents....
Yet I have three PZ transmitters sitting collecting dust. I have also had to replace the Transmitter from my Stryker once and my PZ cub once. I am now flying all of my models off of a Hitec flash 4 X and have nto had one problem since I started using it. I can fine tune my flash 4 X much better then the weak trim setting slides on the PZ TX.

To me it is more of a pain to carry multiple transmitters, batteries for all of the transmitters along with all of my other needed flight gear and planes. Now loading up and getting ready to go flying takes less then half the time.

Many people are flying 20+ models off of one Transmitter with no problems what so ever. Yet in the past people have had problems with these propriety systems that are shipped with the ParkZone RTF models.
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2005, 09:52 AM
I love the smell of 100LL
Joined Oct 2004
314 Posts
Well that is one place where I am spoiled since I fly in my front yard. I don't have to load up anything.

C'mon rat. You seem to have such a personal grudge against PZ. If you want I could tell you sometime about my personal grudge against some companies in the Fast Electric Boat arena. That stuff is WAY expensive, and tends to just blow for no apparent reason or for mfg. defects that are never covered under warranty. But that is for another thread.....
monitor is offline Find More Posts by monitor
Old Jun 03, 2005, 10:28 AM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Hi, This is the P-51 owners thread.... Could we stick to the P-51 please?
David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2005, 11:49 AM
Joined Oct 2004
314 Posts
Sorry David. Just trying to say that the radio with the P-51 is just fine as is, and should NOT be a reason to look down on the plane.

Back to the topic at hand....... has anyone re-painted thiers yet with special markings? I bought one of those custom decal systems and plan to put some nose art on mine.

Also, Dribbe........ rumors are going around about a retract system coupled with the x-port. Any truth to these rumors?
Old Jun 03, 2005, 11:50 AM
United States, CT, Meriden
Joined May 2004
227 Posts
What about Q.A.

Hi Dribbe..... I have to say though I love the flight performance of this airplane, I'm a little disapointed with the apparent lack of Q.C. (quality control) in this baby. My biggest complaint is the canopy flying off. I noticed when I first got the plane, the front left tab on the canopy didn't want to stay in the hole and as such, that may have contributed to it's eventual ejection. The spinner backplate mounting point also needs some redesign as I feel the plastic on the back plate of the spinner is too thin for the way it's mounted. Any kind of nose first landing even a moderate one tends to apply pressure on the attach point where the spinner backplate attaches to the drive shaft and as a result the washer ends up acting like a hole punch and just punches right through the plastic of that spinner backplate. I think maybe a larger washer, even a plastic one, to better distribute the force on the spinner on landing would help in this department. If you could pass this suggestion on to your technical design dept I would appreciate it. Better still, a retrofit for this, in my opinon, design flaw would be good.
Miklos is offline Find More Posts by Miklos
Old Jun 03, 2005, 02:28 PM
Joined Oct 2004
314 Posts
Does anyone know the status of Parkzone and this battery hatch issue? Are they considering this to be a widepread or individual problem?

How many of you have had a battery eject problem? How are you working to solve it?

Personally I am using rubber bands.
Old Jun 03, 2005, 02:40 PM
Must... go... faster...
Petaluma, California
Joined May 2005
92 Posts
I've had the battery eject (see thread here ) and their solution is "Box it up and send it in - we'll have a look." It's all packed up and going out tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'll be flying my TRex and Lipo-Stryker.

Jason
djMidnight is offline Find More Posts by djMidnight
Last edited by djMidnight; Jun 03, 2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2005, 03:51 PM
College Station, Tx
Joined Jan 2004
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
I plan on using the Lipos once I get one large enough for this bird. Most of mine are in the 850-1000 mah range.

I'd love to find a decent B-17 parkflyer. I just don't have the room to do it to the scale I'd like. I might have to settle for a GWS DC-3.

My PZ P-51 made my weekend a fun one. I was a joy to fly. If the electronics start to go bad or even do... I'll fix her and put regular electronics in. For the price it has filled a nitche in my hangar.

Thanks for the comments on the video. I'll hopefully get some better flying and better footage in the future. Perhaps I can find a FW-190 to chase somewhere.
Here is what I did for my B-17...Almost done hope to maiden her this weekend. I got the plane (Multiplex Cargo) and added the kit from EAM http--www.eam.net-multiplex-Cargo.htm to it. I think it looks pretty good.
Firehawk is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk
Old Jun 03, 2005, 07:09 PM
San Jose,Ca
Joined May 2005
147 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just got my my P-51 and put it together. I charged the battery completely, but there's a problem. The elevator servos are working, but the ailerons aren't. Has this happened to any of you? I tried plugging the aileron plug again, but it didn't make a differnece.

NEED HELP!
Ferocious Franki is offline Find More Posts by Ferocious Franki
Old Jun 03, 2005, 07:15 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
what i do is switch the non-working servo over to the plug the working servo is on and see what happens. if it doesn't work, bad servo. i think it would be a receiver problem otherwise. a plane i picked up came with a bad servo. so, it happens.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Jun 03, 2005, 08:07 PM
Joined May 2004
227 Posts
My battery hatch solution.

I just use some silver duct tape over the battery hatch to reenforce it. It blends in well with the color of the plane and isn't noticeable. Haven't had any batteries eject yet.
Old Jun 03, 2005, 08:54 PM
Experienced R/C Repairman
Three Oaks, Michigan
Joined Sep 2003
2,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklos
I just use some silver duct tape over the battery hatch to reenforce it. It blends in well with the color of the plane and isn't noticeable. Haven't had any batteries eject yet.
The old tried and true favorite. If this fails, the earth probably quit revolving!
barnyardflyer is offline Find More Posts by barnyardflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2005, 09:17 PM
Joined May 2004
227 Posts
Exploded views for repair please.

Hey Dribbe..... It would be nice if PZ posted a link to a PDF file of an exploded view of the various parts of the aircraft so that when parts need replacing or come off, we can use the exploded views to see how to reassemble or disassemble the plane the right way.
Old Jun 04, 2005, 10:44 PM
Joined Oct 2004
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk
Here is what I did for my B-17...Almost done hope to maiden her this weekend. I got the plane (Multiplex Cargo) and added the kit from EAM http--www.eam.net-multiplex-Cargo.htm to it. I think it looks pretty good.

Wow that looks good. Perhaps someday I will try flying one of those. Something about those B-17's lumbering through the air.......
Old Jun 04, 2005, 10:45 PM
Joined Oct 2004
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklos
So you rip that tape off each time you change the battery? Wouldn't that start to damage the paint job?
Closed Thread