SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 31, 2005, 10:12 AM
East London, UK
Joined Jul 2004
219 Posts
Carbon framed XRB SR all-up weight

Just a snippet of info wondered if anyone was interested. Mine is 186g. I think a stock XRB is 205g.

I measured mine with Ricky's lipo which I found was 40g as opposed to his advertised 37.5g. Mybe my electronic scales are a little out.

I do not have a cf swash, and I run with laminated blades which prob adds a few grams or so.

I can't comment on how Ricky's batts perform yet as I have only put 2 charges on each of them (I bought 3) but I've been getting fly times very similar to the stock batt (about 15mins) so I'm hoping to gain another couple of mins or so when they have been cycled a few times. Was out in the garden with the XRB over the weekend and life was good. I even managed to get a good bit of video but the batteries died before I could turn the cam off which has corrupted the file. Real shame. I'll try and get some more footage if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Nathan
stickyfingers is offline Find More Posts by stickyfingers
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2005, 03:10 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
I am.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old May 31, 2005, 06:18 PM
Professional Tinkerer
Bloomington Monroe Cty, Indiana, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyfingers
I measured mine with Ricky's lipo which I found was 40g as opposed to his advertised 37.5g. Mybe my electronic scales are a little out.

What does your stock battery weigh on your scales ?? The ones I weighed (10 packs)from a batch all weighed between 37.2 and 37.8 grams on my scales as opposed to the stock battery I have that weighs 40.2 grams. I kinda took an average for what I advertised. Don't they have a little more zing than your stock battery does ?? I know when I fly mine with the stock then the 900mah there is a big difference as far as performance. It rockets up instead of climbing up .
rickyblaze is offline Find More Posts by rickyblaze
Old Jun 01, 2005, 07:44 AM
East London, UK
Joined Jul 2004
219 Posts
Good idea Ricky I'll measure the stock batt on my scales and let you know. I honestly couldn't say whether your batts have more 'zing' as I've literally only just started FF and altitude changes. My first attempt was actually on one of your packs! If I remember I'll try using the stock battery at some point to see how it compares.

Cheers
Old Jun 02, 2005, 06:44 AM
East London, UK
Joined Jul 2004
219 Posts
OK I think my scales are a bit dicky even though they are digital because I'm getting fluctuations between 38 and 40 grams for both batts. Better disregard my batt weights!