SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2005, 02:40 AM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
If you want a cheap RTF for $30 with radio I have a good one for you

Well I have bought 8 of these so far (well for friends I get a discount at $20 each I own 2). From of all places Harbor Freight Tools. They fly very well in light winds and for the price its a great plane to pull out and just fly. They come in 12 different channels also. We (I) have yet to crash one of these yet to make enough damage to have to order parts if thats even avalible(manual says you can and gives you a 800 number to call and part numbers). Most repairs are with packing tape.
These planes are motor controlled so it increases motor speed right or left to turn and motor stop to full speed is proportional.There are trims for throttle and right and left. Also at full throttle you are still allowed to turn it just slows one of the motors down. With a few mins of tweaking it wont porpos (go up and down) and will fly nice and straight.
It takes a few feet like 100 feet to get this thing off if you choose to take off from the ground. But hand lanches seem to go really well takes about 2-3 mins to get 300-400 feet. I have flown this plane about 1000 feet out with no problems with losing it. I have gotten 19 min flights before the battery starts to run down. I have not used the included charger but it does come with one but doesnt auto shut off.

The bad there is no shut off on the plane it will get to a point where it will fly away if you are not paying attention to the motor sound. I allways fly for about 15 mins and bring it down to discharge close to the ground.

A link to Harbor Freight Tools where the planes are at.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92304

Let me know if you have any questions or if you have tried one of these..

Chris
cjz89civic is offline Find More Posts by cjz89civic
Last edited by cjz89civic; May 30, 2005 at 02:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2005, 02:55 AM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Since these planes run on a 4 cell aaa 600mah Ni-mh battery Im currently trying a 4 cell aa in a old receiver pack I had with new energizer 1800mah rechargeables not sure if there going to like to be fast charged or not but will see tomarrow if weather (wind) permits. Only modification to get this pack to fit is to break or cut out the little piece of plastic that keeps the current pack from sliding back. Hopefully some long flight times..

Chris
Old May 30, 2005, 03:01 AM
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Apr 2005
75 Posts
looks like a cool plane im fling something similar
great fun
hobbitcy is offline Find More Posts by hobbitcy
Old May 30, 2005, 03:05 AM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
What plane are you flyin. I think I have seen one that look simular but not sure who makes it.
Old May 30, 2005, 03:19 AM
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Apr 2005
75 Posts
i gatherd that, edit post so you wouldnt go through the hassel thanks anyway
hobbitcy is offline Find More Posts by hobbitcy