HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2005, 07:34 PM
United States, CA, Stanton
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
T-Rex 450 XL

Thought I'd share a few pictures of my newest Heli.
mdttb is offline Find More Posts by mdttb
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2005, 07:40 PM
United States, MO, St Robert
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
nice i love the new style canopy, nice frame hows the CG with it? looks like your gyro is on sideways hows that working for ya. looks real nice the eccpm makes a big differance
smoothb10 is online now Find More Posts by smoothb10
Old May 29, 2005, 07:44 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Thanks smooth

I run my gyro like that on all my helis, it's never been a issue for me.

Here's another picture, my camera just doesn't do the paint job justic
Old May 29, 2005, 07:53 PM
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
oh ok cool i always thought the lable had to be left to right looking from the front,, now i know different...cool. i have the rotorworkz frame but i couldnt get the CG correct with my battery at an angle like yours so i had to make it flat to get correct CG.

nice paint did you do it yourself?
Old May 29, 2005, 07:59 PM
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
heres mine the paint is not as good as yours. it flys real nice now though

Old May 29, 2005, 08:00 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothb10
oh ok cool i always thought the lable had to be left to right looking from the front,, now i know different...cool. i have the rotorworkz frame but i couldnt get the CG correct with my battery at an angle like yours so i had to make it flat to get correct CG.
I still need a motor for it. I'm thinking of getting a Neu 1105/3Y Brushless Motor. Nice thing about the frame is you can either run the battery tray how I got it in the picture or have it lay horizontal like the stock frame. Once I get the Nue motor I'll find out how the CG is and make some changes. I painted the canopy myself using Tamiya Spray can paint.
Old May 29, 2005, 08:05 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothb10
heres mine the paint is not as good as yours. it flys real nice now though

Yours looks good I went with Fluorescent Red and Yellow. I like the brite colors makes it stand out on the ground and in the air.
Old May 29, 2005, 08:25 PM
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
ya i like my canopys bright also mine is actually brighter than in the pic i think the flash makes it look dull. wow! you used a paint can cool looks like airbrush quality.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:07 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Smooth on my other T-Rex/X400 hybrid heli I mounted the battery pack the same way. To balance it out I had to move the ESC to the back, before it was mounted up front under the battery tray which at the time I had the battery tray laying horizontal. Even before I changed the tray I had a CG problem which I had fixed by moving the tail boom mounted tail servo back on the boom to get the CG right. Here's a picture of my hybrid T-Rex/X400
Old May 29, 2005, 10:12 PM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,151 Posts
Very nice, I'm waiting for the parts for the tail to arrive so I can upgrade my Rex v2. I love the yellow frame and the Align 120 swash so there's no real need to buy a whole new kit *yet*.
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old May 29, 2005, 10:15 PM
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
on mine it was tail heavy so the only way i could use the rotorworkz frame was to make the battery lay flat to get the correct CG. works great now but a nose in crash will prolly kill it.......

Old May 29, 2005, 10:21 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Randy I was waiting myself for the XL parts to come out to change a few things but I saw that 450 XL at Steve's and I couldnt help myself. I only went in there to replace some parts that Henery needed to fix his heli so we could get a video of the lil yellow frame. Look for the video soon " It's 3D awesome " not sure when he'll have a link for the video. Soon I hope !
Old May 29, 2005, 10:55 PM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,151 Posts
I was there today and grabbed some stuff, love that place. Now if he could only carry the Shadow receivers. Todd, what are you buying for receivers these days?
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old May 29, 2005, 11:02 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
I actually bought two Bergs from Steve in the past couple of months when he had them in stock. Have you tried aircraft world ?

I've been useing the Berg and the electron 6. The Berg is my favorite but until CC comes out with the new Bergs I'll have to wait. I've been looking at that Shadow 3 receiver looks nice maybe on my next build or next receiver problem I'll get one.
Old May 29, 2005, 11:14 PM
Kernville, Ca.
Joined Jan 2004
168 Posts
Who and where is Steve? Does he have anymore XL's? Does he have a website?

regards, chuck
Old Crash is offline Find More Posts by Old Crash