HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2002, 06:46 AM
Royal Flyer
Spain
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Pilot QB slope 16

Hello All!

Iīm looking for a slope plane From Pilot (Japan) circa 1985; I was in love the first time I saw it, but never could have one, so I wonder if any of you have the plans or a 3d view in order to build a replica.
The plane is called QB slope 16 and is little all balsa sloper with a wingspan of 1.6 mts. I will add a pic from the catalogue a soon as possible in order to help your memory

Thanks in advance

[EMAIL]pmu33@hotmail.com
Karellen is offline Find More Posts by Karellen
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2002, 09:19 AM
Royal Flyer
Spain
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
QB slope 16 images

Some pics to help the memory!

the pics come from a catalogue of 1980
Old Apr 15, 2002, 09:29 AM
Royal Flyer
Spain
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
another pic

One more image
Old Apr 15, 2002, 05:53 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
8,813 Posts
Slope QB??

I flew one of those about 15 years ago and I as I remember it was quite a pig in the air. (Coulda been the builder though) I remember trying to trim it out for a guy and it was just slow and sluggish and not a joy to fly.

You might be better off with something a little more modern. The Multiplex Lucky is a good sport sloper. Heck even the Sig Ninja will fly much better that the Pilot kit.

By the way, nice avatar (my Me-109)

Brian Laird
Slope Scale Models
TFLG is offline Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Apr 16, 2002, 10:20 AM
Royal Flyer
Spain
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Re: Slope QB??

Quote:
Originally posted by TFLG
I flew one of those about 15 years ago and I as I remember it was quite a pig in the air. (Coulda been the builder though) I remember trying to trim it out for a guy and it was just slow and sluggish and not a joy to fly.

You might be better off with something a little more modern. The Multiplex Lucky is a good sport sloper. Heck even the Sig Ninja will fly much better that the Pilot kit.

By the way, nice avatar (my Me-109)

Brian Laird
Slope Scale Models
What a pity! the plane looks nice, but certainly there have been a lot of progress on the slope field on the last 20 years
Many thanks for the advice!

BTW, I didnīt know where the precious me 109 I use as avatar came from (it was sent to me by a friend). Now, Iīve visited your page and Iīm very impressed with the paint scheme of your models. Nice work!
Of course if you prefer it, I will change my avatar, I donīt want to dissapoint you in any way.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 10:27 AM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
8,813 Posts

I don't have a problem if you want to use that picture as your avatar.

Brian
TFLG is offline Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Apr 16, 2002, 10:29 AM
Royal Flyer
Spain
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Many thanks!

Pedro
Old Apr 27, 2002, 02:59 AM
Adelaide - Australia
Joined Apr 2002
12 Posts
QB16

Hi Karellen, I still have a QB16 and the box it came in.

Still have the plans as well, don't know how iwould get a copy of them to you...any suggestions???

I found it to be a good gentle slope soarer reasonably manouverable (once I sealed the gap between the aileron and the wings)

I agree with the other guys ... a Ninja would be a better choice ...great little sloper.
cimsa is offline Find More Posts by cimsa
Old May 10, 2002, 01:33 PM
Royal Flyer
Spain
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Re: QB16

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the delay; a pine tree has just landed over my car and Iīve been very busy since!

I cant imagine an easy way to get the plans from australia, and also think that a modern design will be nice, so, donīt bother, and many thanks anyway

Kind regards

Quote:
Originally posted by cimsa
Hi Karellen, I still have a QB16 and the box it came in.

Still have the plans as well, don't know how iwould get a copy of them to you...any suggestions???

I found it to be a good gentle slope soarer reasonably manouverable (once I sealed the gap between the aileron and the wings)

I agree with the other guys ... a Ninja would be a better choice ...great little sloper.