HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:29 PM
Always right
Chicago
Joined Feb 2003
5,924 Posts
Thats really nice gesture Charlie Wang, thanks for the batteries!!
Hovertime is offline Find More Posts by Hovertime
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:33 PM
Joined Jul 2005
429 Posts
Roger that, I need to pick up a pack for my new Eva, and it's definitely gonna be a TP
koko76 is offline Find More Posts by koko76
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:42 PM
Lance Armstrong- 7 times!
Madison, Wisconsin
Joined Sep 2001
1,335 Posts
The Astro 109 is working well. I spent the morning trying to find a suitable power source for it, finally gave up and spent my $80 on a good power supply from Radio Shack. Also I glued up the other half of the landing gear.

Anyway, the wing sheeting on #4 is about to begin. It will be done tonight.

Other news: The escs arrived today. The prop is still in the mail, and probably wont arrive until Monday. The motors/reduction unit will arrive Monday.

The weather looks bad for Sat anyway, so it looks like Monday evening for the first flight now.

Time to go on a nice long bike ride or something, Big Floyd is almost done.

-Hans
flybike is offline Find More Posts by flybike
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:53 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybike
The weather looks bad for Sat anyway, so it looks like Monday evening for the first flight now.
-Hans

Hope the video crew is poised and ready to deploy. The E-Zone should cover this live via streaming video. This is an event that I would miss Seinfeld or even The Family Guy for.
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:53 PM
Madison, Wisconsin
Joined Sep 2001
1,335 Posts
Yes, TP is awesome. When I was talking on the phone with them I asked if I could buy some Deans Connectors, and please put it on the bill. They said ok.

I got the invoice today, no charge for the connectors. They even soldered them all on to the batteries, and put one on the charger too! Plus, they gave me dealer cost on the charger. They sent me about 20 TP stickers. Just for kicks I'm going to put some on my smaller planes too- they look pretty cool.

So.. Polyquest sponsored the last project, TP sponsored this one. Up here in Washburn I'm usually the person people come to for advice on electric stuff. Which company do I steer people towards for lipo purchases in the future? Hmm.. we'll see. Both of them treated me really well. Maybe a little of each. I know my next purchase after school starts is going to be a TP prolite for a shockie..

-Hans
Last edited by flybike; Aug 19, 2005 at 06:13 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 06:09 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybike
Yes, TP is awesome. When I was talking on the phone with them I asked if I could buy some Deans Connectors, and please put it on the bill. They said ok.

I got the invoice today, no charge for the connectors. They even soldered them all on to the batteries, and put one on the charger too! Plus, they gave me dealer cost on the charger.

So.. Polyquest sponsored the last project, TP sponsored this one. Up here in Washburn I'm usually the person people come to for advice on electric stuff. Which company do I steer people towards for lipo purchases in the future? Hmm.. we'll see. Both of them treated me really well. Maybe a little of each. I know my next purchase after school starts is going to be a TP prolite for a shockie..

-Hans
I think it would come down to what will fit in the airframe.
There are so many different lengths widths ,thicknesses ECT that sometimes only a certian companies Lipo will fit.

Looking forward to the video

Regards
Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Aug 19, 2005, 06:37 PM
Madison, Wisconsin
Joined Sep 2001
1,335 Posts
The red TP sticker fits pretty well with this paint scheme.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:55 PM
Convert!
Los Angeles, CA (UCLA)
Joined Nov 2002
3,889 Posts
You lucky guy with those lipos! You never answer my question.. you have your esc's yet? I have a jeti 77 that's unused, sitting around here... it's got your name on it, if you need it.

Rhett
rroback is offline Find More Posts by rroback
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:14 PM
Joined Jul 2005
429 Posts
Here's the final pic of the gearbox, with my ugly mug and the mill behind me. I had a great time on this project, learned a bunch of new tricks too. I can't wait to see this thing fly!
koko76 is offline Find More Posts by koko76
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:18 PM
clumsy thumbs
Lincoln, NE
Joined Dec 2003
1,015 Posts
That is one slick looking gearbox. Very nice job.
shakysticks is offline Find More Posts by shakysticks
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:50 PM
RC Geek
United States, NJ, Stanhope
Joined Dec 2004
813 Posts
Koko, I think that pic really puts the size of the gearbox into perspective. The thing is amazing though, can't wait to see this come together.

_Scott
Scott_NJ is offline Find More Posts by Scott_NJ
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:00 AM
Madison, Wisconsin
Joined Sep 2001
1,335 Posts
Hey Rhett,

I have three Jeti 77s for the project. I am interested in yours for another project though.. if you want to sell it let me know. I have an old Great Planes 60 size Extra 300 kit that I never built. When school starts I'm going to build that up with two of these TP packs in series and my Hacker C50 14XL. It'll be an overweight pig but it should have plenty of power.

Eric, looks good. Quite the mill there! I'm looking forward to seeing the belt drive in person. I cant wait to bolt it on and put the prop on there.

-Hans
Last edited by flybike; Aug 20, 2005 at 12:06 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 09:03 AM
My other car...
Joined Oct 2004
727 Posts
Hey koko, I'm wondering where you got that belt for the gearbox. I've never seen one like it before.

Of course, as everyone is saying, it's a work of art.

noodle
noodle is offline Find More Posts by noodle
Old Aug 20, 2005, 09:44 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jul 2001
2,834 Posts
Right, a work of art it is! Have you come up with a final weight for that puppy?
Quacker is offline Find More Posts by Quacker
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:57 AM
Denver
Joined Apr 2004
104 Posts
Eric, Great job. Do you think it be worth the effort to drill a hole pattern into the large pulley for weight reduction? Prolly only an ounce or two, so I'm thinking no.

Nice Haas toolroom mill. I had forgoten that you guys got it. Love the shirt by the way.

-Ted Z
Ted_Z is offline Find More Posts by Ted_Z