Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 27, 2005, 06:03 PM
Joined Jan 2002
314 Posts
New Product
Introducing the Digital Power Recorder (DPR), In-Flight Data Recorder.

After many months of research and development, BNB Products is very excited and pleased to announce the new Digital Power Recorder (DPR). The DPR is a very small and lightweight device (about the size of two quarters) that allows you to track and record all the power and temperature readings of your R/C craft during actual use! After the data has been recorded, you can upload the data to your computer and graph all the data with the powerful DPR-Graph software included with each package. We currently have two models available: the DPR-50 (50 Amp max) and the DPR-100 (100 Amp max).
You can find out more, and order the DPR at
www.bnbproducts.com .
You can also download the DPR manual and the graphing software with two sample missions on the site.

To get the ball rolling, we are offering a FREE TMP-2 (dual temperature probe - $14.95 value) through Friday 6/3/05 with each order of at least one DPR unit! To receive the FREE TMP-2, key in the words "RCGROUPS FREE TMP-2" in the comment box when ordering. We will include the FREE TMP-2 with your DPR order!

Our inventory is currently very limited, so there is a chance we will sell out before inventories are replenished. If this occurs before the promotion date expires, we will still honor the free TMP-2 for orders that are placed before 6/3/05.

Some of the DPR features include:
Very small: 1.2 inches X 1.6 inches
Very lightweight: Approximately .9 ounces (25 grams)
Accepts wide range of Voltage inputs: 7 to 30 Volts
Digitally records up to 9+ hours of mission data

Records and Graphs:
Current draw up to 50 Amps
(up to 100 Amps with the DPR-100)
Battery Voltage from 7 to 30 Volts
Power output up to 1500 watts
(up to 3000 watts with the DPR-100)
Amount of charge used
Battery efficiency (Voltage drop under load)
Elapsed time of each mission
Temperatures of two independant temperature probes
(Dual Temperature probes are sold seperately)

Configurable:
Data sampling rate
Recording trigger
Channels to record
Computer graph displays with the DPR-Graph software
Recording resolution

Very easy to set up and use!

Each DPR package includes:
Digital Power Recorder (DPR-50, or DPR-100)
3-foot USB-A to mini-B interface cable
CD-ROM with powerful graphing software, USB driver support, and digital version of manual
Hard copy of manual

System requirements:
PC with one of the following operation systems:
Windows 2000 or Windows XP
CD-ROM drive (or acces to the internet)
Available USB port
2 megabytes of hard drive space

Our goal is to provide the best products and service possible. Please contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns....WE WANT TO KNOW!
support@bnbproducts.com
www.bnbproducts.com
Bret is offline Find More Posts by Bret
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2005, 07:14 AM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the great new product Bret!

One thing that I already found by using the DPR is that my newly purchased Eflite 20 amp esc did not go into LVC when the voltage went below 9 amps on my 3 cell lipo which concerns me. I plan to go back over the directions on the esc and re test it a couple of times and if the LVC still does not work then I will contact Eflite to find out what the problem is. I bought this esc because I needed to support 16 amps cont. but found that I could save some money buying the Eflite 20 instead of a CC 25. CC is great but as much as I purchase, if I can save money here and there it adds up so I thought I would give it a try and see how well it works. Other than the LVC problem, it seems to work well! Here's the flight data from the mission where the LVC did not work.

Thanks again!

Steve
davidsons is offline Find More Posts by davidsons
Old Jun 01, 2005, 05:53 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
Does this software REALLY require Win2K or XP, or will it run on 98SE?

If not, instead have you tested it to run under Virtual PC on Mac OS X (running Win XP)?

My home Windoze box is 98SE and they would take a dim view of me loading the SW here at work (Win 2K). I do have VPC 7.0 with Win XP at home for my Macs, but have not yet installed it.....
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Jun 01, 2005, 06:07 PM
Joined Jan 2002
314 Posts
The software may load and run on operating systems other than Windows 2000 and XP, but unfortunatley the USB driver support files will only work with 2000 or XP. We hope that sometime in the future we can overcome this if it becomes a large issue. We have not tested the USB compatability with Virtual PC on Mac OS X (Windows XP). This is something we will definitely look unto.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Bret
Old Jun 02, 2005, 09:39 PM
Joined Jan 2002
314 Posts
Thank You

We would like to thank all of the people at R/C Groups! We have had a wonderful startup thanks to you. Our inventory levels are already running short! We currently have only 5 DPR-50s and 7 DPR-100s in stock. We will be working on getting our next batch of 200 units prepared for future orders. It may take a couple of weeks to get them all completed. If you order, and we are out of stock, we will notify you and give you the option of a refund or waiting for us to replinish the inventories. If we run out of stock, we will honor the Free TMP-2 dual temperature probe promotion for orders received through 6/3/05.

Thank you again,
Bret
www.bnbproducts.com
Old Jun 05, 2005, 03:19 PM
Watts your motivation
San Bernardino, CA
Joined Aug 2003
6,512 Posts
Sounds great but I missed the free temp time frame. Maybe next time.
I sure wish this was posted in the EDF forums. Really useful tool.

Justin
roccobro is offline Find More Posts by roccobro
Old Jun 07, 2005, 02:34 AM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Nov 2003
800 Posts
Well 5 are on their way to the land of OZ so we will see how they go down under. Looking forward to seeing what is really happening in the air.

Thanks Bret for your prompt response and shipment - the USPS tracking is neat

-> ACCEPTANCE, June 06, 2005, 10:08 am, ALLEN, TX 75013

Michael
mjdoz is offline Find More Posts by mjdoz
Old Jun 11, 2005, 10:51 PM
Chapel Hill, NC
Joined Nov 2004
526 Posts
Darn it, I did not see this till now. Missed the temperature probe offer :-(
rcplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by rcplaneguy
Old Jun 11, 2005, 11:12 PM
Watts your motivation
San Bernardino, CA
Joined Aug 2003
6,512 Posts
Yep, I'm gonna wait for the next version or offer. I don't really have the funds now (do we ever?) but will be ready to pay the next time.

Justin
roccobro is offline Find More Posts by roccobro
Old Jun 14, 2005, 05:30 PM
Joined Jan 2002
314 Posts
DPR FREE TMP-LED Promotion!

Since our first promotion was so successful, we have decided to begin another one!

For a limited time, we are offering a FREE TMP-LED probe with all DPR orders ($14.95 value)!

The TMP-LED includes a temperature probe and a super-bright red LED probe. The temperature probe allows the DPR to record and graph temperature readings, and the LED probe can be set to alert you of Voltage, Current, and temperature levels you can set through the DPR-graph software.

The website has been updated on the "Purchase" page.
Simply key in "Free TMP-LED promotion" in the comments box when placing a DPR order and we will include the TMP-LED with the order!

We have also updated our website to now include orders outside of the continental US!

Bret
www.bnbproducts.com
bret@bnbproducts.com
Old Jun 14, 2005, 06:12 PM
Los Altos, California
Joined Nov 2002
1,808 Posts
Bret,

I just had a chance to use DPR-100 for the first time.

I am extremely pleased with the simplicity of installation and use.
Everything worked without any issues at all.

The graphing software is also excellent and allows you to view the data in enough different ways, that it is quite easy to draw the necessary conclusions from the results.

I do have a simple suggestion for displaying the graphs, however,
I would like a set of buttons avail on the main screen to select which parameters that I want to view. I tend to flip back and forth between many of them and having to go to a menu and then select from another window is an extra step that could easily be eliminated.

And my original request to you (in my earlier email to you) remains...
There are a large group of us at our field (and I a sure the same exists across the country) that would like to see HIGHER VOLTAGE capability.
We fly a lot of 8S to 10S aircraft and this is an area where we REALLY need the type of data that your product is designed for.

Is there a reasonable possibility of bringing out a higher voltage version that would work with 8S to 10S lipoy systems?

Thanks for doing a great job on a much needed product!

Harley
Harley is offline Find More Posts by Harley
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:18 PM
Los Altos, California
Joined Nov 2002
1,808 Posts
Bret,

Really getting a lot of excellent use out of the DPR-100, but we have run into one more issue...

We have a need to export the data into Excel or a database....
Do you have an export tool or file conversion utility that we could use in order to make better use of the data files in our testing...

The graphing system you provide is excellent but we would like like to do some comparison graphing and charting and spreadsheeting and there seems to be no provision for use the data outside of the existing program.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Harley Licht
Old Jun 15, 2005, 09:13 PM
Joined Jan 2002
314 Posts
Harley,
Thanks for the input!

We are currently working on software updates to the DPR-Graph software, and we plan to update the "downloads" page soon on our website with the updated version (hopefully within a week or so).

Current updates should include...

Ability to save mission data and open with other software (such as Excel).

Ability to save only the current mission being viewed (instead of all missions together).

Ability to toggle on/off what is being graphed (Voltage, Current, Power, Temp, etc.) by clicking on the title in the legend (instead of having to open the "display parameters" window.

We will notify everyone when we update the software on the site.

Thanks,
Bret
www.bnbproducts.com
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:57 PM
Los Altos, California
Joined Nov 2002
1,808 Posts
Bret,

That is great.
Just what we are looking for..

Thanks for being so responsive.

Harley
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:02 PM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Nov 2003
800 Posts
I have received (or will if my wife picks them up from the post office) 5 DPR-50 units here in the land of OZ. Details of the trip below. Thanks to Bret they are here 7 business days later (Monday was a Public Holiday in Australia).

Sadly the list does not show the $60 added by the Australian government on the way through - sometimes you win sometimes you loose.

Anybody in Brisbane who is interested in seeing one of these units I should be at indoor at Redbank tomorrow night all going well and sorry but they all have homes already.

Michael

First Delivery attempt 09:00 am June 15, 2005
cleared customs in AUSTRALIA at 10:46 pm on June 14, 2005.
ARRIVED ABROAD, AUSTRALIA, June 10, 2005, 9:53 am
INTO FOREIGN CUSTOMS, AUSTRALIA, June 10, 2005, 9:53 am
INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC, June 07, 2005, 9:29 pm
ENROUTE, June 07, 2005, 9:27 pm, AMF OHARE, IL 60666
ENROUTE, June 06, 2005, 5:16 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
ACCEPTANCE, June 06, 2005, 10:08 am, ALLEN, TX 75013

Note Bret is 15 hours behind Brisbane time wise and 13,315 km away.
mjdoz is offline Find More Posts by mjdoz
Last edited by mjdoz; Jun 15, 2005 at 11:08 PM.