SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 25, 2005, 12:31 PM
California
Joined Dec 2004
141 Posts
Sling Shot Racer

Picked up 3 sling shot racers from Hobby People at the RCX show in Anaheim. Not a bad little boat for $49. Zips right along plenty of speed and turns on a dime. The 900 mAh Nimh battery lasts quite a long time, kids love them. Only draw back so far, hard to tell the boats apart.
Hotrod69 is offline Find More Posts by Hotrod69
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2005, 04:20 PM
S. Calif.
Joined Mar 2005
255 Posts
I saw those at RCX too. They looked pretty neat. Hobby People has them on sale again today for that price. I'm thinking about getting a couple. Where do you run yours? Is a big pool too small? They seemed to do fine in the indoor lake at RCX, which was pretty big, though.
philipnow is offline Find More Posts by philipnow
Old May 31, 2005, 02:45 PM
California
Joined Dec 2004
141 Posts
I use them in my 15'x30' swimming pool, but you have to be pretty good. For my kids I just increase the throttle radio trim up until the boat moves at a slow speed they can handle and they just steer it. My son is getting pretty good already. I also take them to a local lake and chase the ducks. Everyone who sees them thinks they are way cool. I bought a 1300 2 cell Lipo battery for it that lasts almost twice as long as the supplied battery. So far the only down sides, water does get into the boat but not enough to cause any issues so far. Second I have rolled one over and they will stay upside down. We had to use the second boat to overturn it since it was in the lake. Also put some silicone sealant on the screws holding ghe steering servo in, one screw backed itself out and it's a bear getting them back in due to the limited room. Make sure the battry is as far back as possible and securely attached. I had one battery slide forward which caused the boat to become nose heavy, every time I hit the throttle it wanted to nose dive under the water, made it tough to get back to shore.
Hotrod69 is offline Find More Posts by Hotrod69
Old May 31, 2005, 11:58 PM
S. Calif.
Joined Mar 2005
255 Posts
That's for the info. That's a good idea about letting the kids drive it with only the throttle trim. I'll have to remember that. I bought one yesterday. Our pool won't be done for another month, so I'll have to wait a bit to try it out.
philipnow is offline Find More Posts by philipnow
Old Aug 27, 2007, 02:07 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
anyone have any idea what the amp rating is on the slingshot's esc?
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive