Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 01, 2005, 05:33 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
San Mateo, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
5,007 Posts
Love that shot of the stadium!...now where is that (Hayward) fault line that everyone says runs right through it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopedog
Wild Moose, do you ever fly up in the North Bay?
SD
I used to fly 'crunchies' (1970's) off of the ridgeline at Shoreline and Panoramic Hwys as well as Fort Funston (before it became the mecca of Hang Gliders). The Marin Civic Center is where I learned to fly with glow.

Have a number of (secret) places in the East Bay to fly at as well.

I guess you can say I've been around the bay.

I'll have to contact you the next time I'm up your way, would love to check out your Heli rig.

-Roger
RMihara is offline Find More Posts by RMihara
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2005, 06:35 PM
dissatisfied
Berkeley, CA
Joined Nov 2004
143 Posts
hey SD, i got one of those!:

in fact, i think you and i may have met before, i was going to try out a silly scratch build on top of a parking garage at cal, and you caught me at a cross-walk then came up with an AP wing taking pics of evans hall?? anyway, if its you im thinking of, thanks for referring me to rcgroups and getting me on track with AP! jeff
moorejeff is offline Find More Posts by moorejeff
Last edited by moorejeff; Apr 25, 2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2005, 09:22 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Wild Moose,
Those are some GREAT shots and some excellent links. I grew up in the east bay and know all those areas very well.
The HMB pic's are very good. One of them shows my favorite seafood restaurant (Barbara's) - it's the orange building in the upper right corner of the harbor shot. My wife and I go up there about every 2-3 weeks to eat. Makes me hungry just looking at the building.

The Pedro shots are outstanding. Really nice work!

Your Playland shots and links bought back some great memories of my childhood. I can clearly remember going there as a kid. Hard to believe it's been gone that long. Progress.....
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Jun 01, 2005, 10:18 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Artur,
Your shots look familiar. I think I've flown out of the same park. Are you flying out of Columbia?
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Jun 02, 2005, 12:21 AM
Slope Soaring, Electric
Castro Valley, California
Joined Mar 2005
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer
Artur,
Your shots look familiar. I think I've flown out of the same park. Are you flying out of Columbia?
I don't know where is Columbia, but tell me where is it.
My videos were taken at Palomares Hills park in Castro Valley, my hometown
Regards,
Artur
Artur H is offline Find More Posts by Artur H
Old Jun 14, 2005, 08:37 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
Joined Nov 2001
5,007 Posts
Treasure Island (USCA Scenic City)

Okay so this one's a bit of a short post, maybe I can add more later...

With a rock seawall built from 259 thousand tons of rock and 29 million cubic yards of dredged sand and gravel, this 403 acre landmark was constructed adjacent to Yerba Buena island - the midpoint of the Bay Bridge and the east-west crossing of the San Francisco Bay - to support the Golden Gate International Exposition.

Here are two photos taken of the island back in the 1939 time frame. The first image is by day, and the second image - by night.

Here is a link for some history of the island.

Sorry I only had time for a few shot attempts, this was the best of the bunch so there will be more later on.

Camera: Gateway DC-T50, 5.0 MP
Aircraft: Cermark Banchee

-Roger
Last edited by RMihara; Apr 28, 2006 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Tag test.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:33 AM
Joined Oct 2004
15 Posts
One guy who has done some amazing AP in the bay area is Cris Benton, one of the greatest KAPpers. His pictures are pretty inspiring.

http://arch.ced.berkeley.edu/kap/gallery/gallery.html

Simon
kemman85 is offline Find More Posts by kemman85
Old Jun 14, 2005, 01:05 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,583 Posts
Interesting, he needs some wind to fly and I am waiting for the wind to die down!!

It has been so windy lately and my SS is grounded most of the time. Specially when you have to fly in a area that has a tight LZ.

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is online now Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Jun 17, 2005, 04:23 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,583 Posts
Where most of the water from Hetch Hetchy end up in the Bay Area.

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is online now Find More Posts by bhchan
Last edited by bhchan; Jun 18, 2005 at 02:18 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:06 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2002
253 Posts
Awsome shots Wild Moose! The picture in post #5 is my favorite. I used to live on 32nd avenue & Fulton. I often went to the Safeway in that shot. I jogged on that beach, biked in Golden Gate Park.. it brings back memories. More! More!

--Gary
maxalentix is offline Find More Posts by maxalentix
Old Jul 20, 2005, 09:10 PM
Portland, Mi
Joined Nov 2002
8 Posts
Wild Moose

You have a PM. Please help.
AirMike is offline Find More Posts by AirMike
Old Aug 31, 2005, 02:54 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
Joined Nov 2001
5,007 Posts
3rd Avenue Boardsailing (USCA Water Sports)

Just north of the San Mateo Bridge one can find the 3rd Avenue haven for Boardsailing (Windsurfing and Kiteboarding). There are two organizations that provide information about the sport SFBA and SFKA with safety guidelines as a prominent feature. SFBA's efforts resulted in the creation of the 3rd Avenue access.

I've been stopping by to watch these folks on occasion and with the strong 10 to 15 knot winds that is present just about every afternoon, one is sure to see plenty of surfing action on any given day.

Mariners Point Golf Center operates a 9-hole course with a driving range at the point and the fence that protects the parking lot from stray gold balls (which is about 40' tall) provides a unique 'wind-break'. This offers me the ability to fly downwind of the surfers and to take some low altitude AP.

The first two pictures were taken earlier in the day when the winds were weak and the folks were just getting set-up for an early evening ride.

I hope you enjoy these shots.
Last edited by RMihara; Apr 28, 2006 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Tag test.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 07:17 PM
Joined Jan 2004
49 Posts
First Videos From ION heli

Here are my first videos, taken from an ION electric helicopter with a small Samsung flash memory camcorder rubber-banded to the front.

The two locations are Chrissy Field and near the Point Bonita Lighthouse (windy that day).

I expect to get more videos soon...have to smooth out my flying technique first, maybe turn up the exponential.

http://www.matthooverphoto.com/heli/heli_movie.mov

Quicktime needed. It's about 17MB.

enjoy,

matt
hoovdini is offline Find More Posts by hoovdini
Last edited by hoovdini; Aug 31, 2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2006, 02:47 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
Joined Nov 2001
5,007 Posts
Hi Matt,

Wow, sorry to have missed your post! Is there any chance you could make your video available (link is dead)? I'd like to watch it again.