Old May 22, 2005, 05:49 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,307 Posts
Help!
Futaba FC-16 Q's

Hello guys!

I've got a Futaba FC-16 TX. It's a very simple one with a Heli Mode,
but it's just got a 3 point curve. Yesterday I was trying to set this up, but the minimum pitch is too much and the maximum pitch is too much (at full pitch the engine doesn't provide enough power).

When I try to set this, it doesn't work. The channel that I can set up for the pitch-curve is 6 in the TX. Normally I can set this to another channel with the arrows on the TX. Now I can't and the channel for pitch is channel 2 :S

Could you guys please help me quick because today I'm going away and I won't be able to check RCgroups and I want to take the heli with me.

Dave
RNAF is offline Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2005, 07:57 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,307 Posts
Nevermind, I found the problem - servo's where at the wrong place.
Now when I set up HI-P it actually set LO-P and vice versa... So that's a bugger but I should be able to sort it all out soon. Just when I finished setting up LO-P the wires in my connectors to the battery broke :S

Dave
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2005, 09:23 PM
Hirobo Flyer
CANADA!!
Joined Mar 2005
222 Posts
So whens ur Shuttle going to fly??
Heli-Shultter is offline Find More Posts by Heli-Shultter
Old May 23, 2005, 07:54 AM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNAF
...when I set up HI-P it actually set LO-P and vice versa... So that's a bugger but I should be able to sort it all out soon...Dave
Check the normal/reverse setting for Pitch on the TX.

d.tipton
tippy is offline Find More Posts by tippy
Old May 26, 2005, 10:04 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,307 Posts
Couldn't find that yet. I flew this weekend, but I am really sure the heli's underpowered. Soon I'll be buying Lipolies. Now the EP CP Piccolo weighs 300 grams exactly. Of course, that about 25 grams overweight :S

I also tried to start my Hirobo Shuttle ZX this weekend. It just wouldn't run. The standard set up for the OS .32 should be 3/4 out for the mixture and 1 out for the stationary screw. It didn't start. Enough glowing, more than enough RPM... Just when I thought it would work the bloody starting belt tore apart.
Perhaps I'm gonna sell it and buy a EP around the 1 meter class. (I just found out how much I really hate setting up a helicopter of this size)

Dave
RCG Plus Member