HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: GREATEST STAR WARS QUOTE!
"Laugh it up, fuzzball." --Han to Chewbacca 188 19.83%
"I am your father." --Vader to Luke 167 17.62%
"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." --Ben 42 4.43%
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." --Yoda to Luke 212 22.36%
"I got a bad feeling about this."--Han Solo and others 106 11.18%
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa." --Vader, after strangling Needa 51 5.38%
"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee." --Leia to Han 29 3.06%
"Don't worry, she'll hold together . . . You hear me, baby? Hold together!" --Han to the Falcon 125 13.19%
Other (post it in the thread) 28 2.95%
Voters: 948. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 12, 2005, 11:05 AM
Dallas Texas
Joined Dec 2004
686 Posts
Here are a couple

My favorite is the arc 170 starfighter
http://www.alliancecollectibles.com/...iigsarc170.jpg

and the least aerodynamic..the droid trifihter http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausste...Trifighter.jpg

And the Gunshiphttp://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled...rs/gunship.jpg

ANd last the rebublic starcruiserhttp://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D
heliguy1232 is offline Find More Posts by heliguy1232
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:35 AM
UK
Joined Jan 2002
1,030 Posts
Go-Rc, great looking M-Falcon
Choppa Nutta is offline Find More Posts by Choppa Nutta
Old Jun 13, 2005, 09:33 AM
rc transports rule!
new brunswick canada
Joined Jul 2002
1,301 Posts
theres some nice stuff in this thread
makes me think
lol
derailed is offline Find More Posts by derailed
Old Jun 14, 2005, 06:27 PM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
807 Posts
GO-RC where are you??? Your Falcon is so inspirational. Please update us.
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:54 PM
Have Bluecore....will fly
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Hello all,
Been side tracked fishing and hang'in with my little ones. I have flown the Falcon some more. Sorry not able to get video, but my friend got a few pictures of an earlier flight that I can share. They are not of the best quality but still cool just to see her in the air.
She is still not the most graceful. I don't attempt to many fancy maneuvers but It will do some cool barrel rolls. Have'nt worked out all the bugs yet so I'm still not flying it with the cockpit. Maybe once the plans are out there you all can help me work out the kinks. She has taken a few heavy landings but the ship has held up very well and is still in one piece. No guts no glory right.

Good Flying
GO-RC
GO-RC is offline Find More Posts by GO-RC
Last edited by GO-RC; Jun 15, 2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:20 AM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
A little update on the plans. I am still tryng to get all the parts on paper. I didn't make templates for every piece. So I'm having to measure and redraw some of them. It turned into a bigger project than I thought. I do plan on finishing them though and as soon as they are ready I will post to see if anyone is still interested in redrawing them in AutoCad etc...

heliguy 1232 - I agree the 170 starfighter is sweet and very doable as an Rc ship. Anyone ?!

im-sad - Nice find in that picture! Still got my rc X-wing on the burner.

deraied/ Choppa Nutta /savall21 - Thanks for the comments. I agree its easy to get inspired with all the creative people through out this forum. Lots of great ideas!

Thanks
GO-RC
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:24 AM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskrebs
Here is the fuse added. Figure on a 17T 20mm CDR in Pusher Configuration.

Elevon control

3S 340 HD's and a 5 " prop
Looking good! Hows things going on your end? Have you made a profile version yet? test glider?

Good flying
GO-RC
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:32 AM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Fun in the 70's!! Wish I still had mine.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 05:02 AM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
807 Posts
Sweet!!! Keep up the good work.
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Old Jun 15, 2005, 09:24 AM
Massachusetts
Joined Mar 2005
27 Posts
I'm currently on rev 3 of my FFF X-wing. The X-wing is my first FFF build ever....should have started with something a little easier.... I've built plenty of electric and gas kits, but wanted to do total scratch prototype build. The first rev was the closed wing position. Unfortunately, I forgot to take into account the size of the EDF-55's when calculating the wing size. It didn't seem to have enough surface area to get any semblance of gliding. Plus with a 3-cell LiPo, I would have burned out the stock motors (I was trying to do the first one on the cheap). Rev 2 I took the EDF size into account, scaled the design down a little, and made it with the true X-wing wing config. I also changed to 4 x EDF-40's since they could handle the load much better. Glide tests were quite good with this version so I tried a full-powered flight. Way underpowered for the weight of the frame. My next thought was brushless EDF-40's and a still smaller airframe. I have the rear fusalage/wing assembly completed and am working on the forward fusalage. I am going to use 4 of the Feigao 1208428L 12x30mm brushless motors in this thing....yeah...now I'm going all-out I'm hoping to get the weight of this thing down to about 12-16 oz. I'm hoping to not have to put canards on the front, but we'll see. I'll probably use some cut-down clear CD case covers as a rudder as well. I'll try to post some pics of all 3 rev's. Cheers!

Jason
jgiannini is offline Find More Posts by jgiannini
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:17 AM
Jody Bradshaw
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitcy
i was watching star wars revelations the fan film and theres this great ship in it the emerors hand ship cant remeber the womans name
anyway i took some screen shots so if any of you guys with building expertese would like to take the project on.
i would love to build and fly it myself but i niether build nor fly planes yet im an uber noob.
from what iv read you need 3 views of the plane so that you can construct it
i tred my best to get front view and rear view of the plane side view was hard coz there is no shot of it from the side but i took a shot of it landed with the flaps tucked in sorta a top view from side
hope this helps i would love to see it built
That's Mara Jade's, "Emporer's Hand", ship. She end's up marrying Luke and they have a son named Ben in honor of Obi Wan.
JMBRAD is offline Find More Posts by JMBRAD
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:52 AM
Charlotte Douglas, North Carolina, United States
Joined Jan 2004
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO-RC
Fun in the 70's!! Wish I still had mine.
looking right at one setting on my shelf, along with a plastic viper, and the old estes enterprise
gunf1ght is offline Find More Posts by gunf1ght
Old Jun 15, 2005, 09:00 PM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Hey Jason your X-wing sounds sweet. I agree, that the front canard may not be needed. My test gliders flew great with out it. The version with the wings in attack position flew very well without canards or any vertical stabilizer. The version with the wings in the closed position needed a small vertical stab(check out the model in the post below this one). The CD cases work very well for stabilizers. Mine took a few good hits and never cracked. Both gliders were 16" wing span. What size is your ship going to be? What control set up are you using.
Please post some pics.
Keep up the good work.
Go-RC
Last edited by GO-RC; Jun 15, 2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 09:04 PM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunf1ght
looking right at one setting on my shelf, along with a plastic viper, and the old estes enterprise
Sounds like you got a nice little collection. Are they all still flyable? Check out this layout for an X-wing rocket sent in for a design contest.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 09:08 PM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBRAD
That's Mara Jade's, "Emporer's Hand", ship. She end's up marrying Luke and they have a son named Ben in honor of Obi Wan.
I watched that movie last night. Pretty cool. This ship is sweet.They did a great job on the digital effects for a FAN film!